Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Hazel Eyes

This part is going to be hard. I didn't think about it, but there are thousands of fans waiting in anticipation to see Johanna come alive on screen. And that was my job. I've never done movie that was based off a book that held such a big fan base, like the Hunger Games. What if I screw this up? I could feel my hands shaking, I tried really hard to stop them. They can't see my nervousness, I need to be confident. Or the producers will regret their choice. The doors to the studio were right in front of me, the first script reading being today. I tucked my script away in my purse, afraid to even look at it. This was a big deal to me, and if i started to look at the script, I'd get nausea. Why the hell did I do this to myself? No, I'm suppose to be this part. I'm suppose to be Johanna Mason.

I walked into the studio room, my heel clicking on the floor. I look around and instantly regretted not bringing Henson with me. Everyone's eyes were on mine, smiling and whispering. I'd prefer screaming fans to a collection of my peers, people who can judge me. People who can agree I'm not good enough. I shifted my purse on my arm nervously and walked towards the one familiar face in the whole room, forcing a smile on my lips. But before I could make it, a hand grabbed my arm. I looked up to the producer, smiling down on me. "Charlie, how are you? I would like you to meet some people before we start." He ran off a list of people beside him, who all shook my hand vigorously. I smiled politely, trying not to seem nervous. My eyes fell on a skinny girl behind one of the assistant directors. She reminded me a lot of Kelly, small, short brown hair. I smiled at her and she started shaking, dropped her water bottle, her eyes starting to water. She was a fan. "Bethany, are you alright?" the director turned to her quietly. I chuckled under my breathe and outreached a hand, "Hi Bethany, how are you? I'm Charlie". She squeaked and laughed, taking my hand over a moment. I complimented her shoes and she smiled graciously. These were the kind of fans I adored. The ones who didn't faint. I always felt guilty after they fainted.

The producer lead me to a long table, were I noticed a few actors already seated. I pulled out my script, a highlighter, and a pen. I wrote my name on the first page, something I remember doing from elementary school to make sure it didn't get lost. I started noticing the actors seated, each in their own conversation. The first girl I noticed instantly was Jennifer Lawrence, who played Katniss. Her resemblance to my image of the fictional girl was remarkable, her long, brown, wavy hair up in a pony tail, revealing her face. Next to her was Liam, who I tried to talk to earlier. It's nice to see a familiar face, it makes you more comfortable. He smiled at me across the way and waved, bringing a smile to my face.

Woody Harrelson was a bit more down the table, talking with wild hand gestures to Lenny Kravitz, who chuckled every now and then. My eyes searched farther down the table and fell to a guy in a baseball cap talking to Willow Shields, who I met before at a party. His eyes were hidden, but I could see the strong, square jaw jutting out from his face, light freckles splashed across his nose. His lips were turned into a crooked smile, bright white teeth flashing out from underneath them. His arms looked lean and strong, his chest lifting up and down every time he talked. I could see tufts of almost black hair coming out of his hat. I know I know him from somewhere. How could I forget that face, he's handsome alright. I squinted my eyes in concentration, trying to place him in my mind. Square jaw, black hair, freckles. He was so familiar, so imprinted in my mind, I just couldn't bring the name to my mouth. His head turned towards me and I caught my breathe. Deep, hazel eyes pierced into mine, and I instantly recognized him. Josh Hutcherson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and messages please! I would love to know what you guys think =]