Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

The First Day

*Josh's POV*

Did that actually just happen? I looked at the girl next to me, cheerfully talking to her makeup artist. She was enchanting, lighting up the entire room. Everyone laughed and smiled at her, obviously comfortable even though she was very famous. She had that effect, she was very approachable, extremely friendly. Did I actually almost kiss her? I'm slightly proud of myself, being so bold. She was just so different from every other girl I met. She was down to earth, goofy, charming, and just happy. She practically radiated it. I looked over at her, watching her move and smile. She fascinated me. Her brown hair was being pinned back so they could put Johanna's wig on her. I wouldn't dare cutting and dying that beautiful hair of hers. Unlike mine, which was dyed a a little bit ago. Now i was just waiting to take the towel off my head, revealing Peeta's signature blond hair. I wonder what Charlie will think of it. She must of felt my eyes on her because she looked my way, her lips in a mischievous smile. No one knew our secret, how we almost kissed at the coffee shop. But I knew she was reminding me of it with that smile of hers. She bite her lip and blushed, pulling her attention back to the mirror in front of her. God, she was beautiful. And it was so cute when she bite her lip, like she was holding back her smile, afraid someone would know what she was feeling. I hope those feelings were for me. "Alright Josh, it should be dry. You ready?" He nodded, staring at himself in the mirror. "Oh! I'm so excited to see it!" Charlie smiled at me in anticipation. "What if it's hideous? Will you still talk to me?" I laughed at Charlie. "Josh, I've seen the last Hunger Games movie like a bunch of times. Don't worry, it is hideous." She winked at him, laughing at her own joke. I shook my head at her, chuckling. She was too perfect.

They pulled off the towel showing the sandy blonde hair underneath. I shook it out, and pulled my fingers through it. I watched Charlie get up from her chair, walking around behind me. I watched her in the mirror, a rob wrapped around her small body. "Can I touch it?" she asked quietly. Her green eyes flickered up to mine in the mirror, watching me as I nodded. Her soft hands ran through my scalp, sending chills all over my body. "Wow, "she exclaimed to the person who dyed it, "it's like the perfect shade. And it's so soft! Last time they dyed my hair, it was so rough." The makeup artist chuckled, "Yeah, some people don't realize dyes strip your hair of natural oils..." Charlie nodded her head as the makeup artist explained the process to her, but I wasn't paying attention. I was enjoying the feeling of Charlie's hands stoking my hair. I closed my eyes, relaxing to her touch. I felt a tug at my ear and warm lips against them. "You look too handsome, Josh. You better not distract me on set." I opened my eyes as Charlie kissed the side of my head. I blushed, and shook my head. Before I could flirt back, her name was being called from another room. She smiled at me, and walked towards her name.

I wanted her to stay. I wanted everyone to leave so I could just spend my time with Charlie and Charlie alone. I wanted to feel her lips against me again, her hands pressed against my hair. I wanted all of her. The makeup artist started brushing my cheeks with god knows what. Slowly, I was transformed into Peeta. Soon enough, we were on set, listening to instructions from the director. I was searching around for Charlie, but she wasn't her yet. We were doing the scene were Johanna slaps Katniss. I have to say, I wouldn't think Charlie would ever slap anyone. Our makeup makes us look like monsters, green and scaly. I laugh at Jennifer, who is looking at her arm in disgust. I hear Charlie's voice before I see her. I look around, trying to find her. I finally settle my eyes on a thin girl with short, spiky hair. Her body was covered in red, fake blood. I only knew it was Charlie from her deep green eyes, which were in contrast with her red skin.

She smiled, and walked up to our group. Gary Ross, the director, seemed pleased with her appearance. "You ready Charlie? Now I know this might be hard, but I want you to really slap Jennifer. Make it real, ok?" She nodded, smiling at Jennifer, "I'm sorry in advance." Jennifer laughed, "No problem. I just hope they have ice ready." Charlie nodded. She turned towards her assistant, who was calling her name. She excuse herself, smiling at me before she walked over to her. I watched her curiously. What was she doing? We were filming in a few minutes, she can't really run off. I mean she can, but the director might yell at her. She took a script from her assistant and walked away, standing alone just off the set. I watched her as she skimmed the scene, closed the script and held it tight against her chest. She closed her eyes and sighed, clutching the book in her hands. She was muttering words to herself until the director yelled for places to be taken. She gave her assistant the book and walked to her place.

Everyone was waiting in anticipation to see Charlie in action.I remember the excitement in the voices of the other actors, some nervous to be acting alongside her. The set became quiet, as everyone's eyes were on Charlie. The director cried out action, and the scene began.

Me and Jennifer walked towards Charlie and Pete, who played Finnick. Charlie's eyes were intense, her hand frantically gesturing around her. She was out of breathe, talking quickly, her lines memorized perfectly. "We thought it was rain, you know, because of the lightening, and we were all so thirsty.." I watched Charlie in awe. I felt like I was actually in danger, like she actually experienced these events. She was so desperate, so precise, so bold. She transformed herself into Johanna. The producers definitely chose the right girl. She plays the scene perfectly, every emotion portrayed in her eyes. She slapped Jennifer across the face, and everyone was silent. Her words radiated hatred, as Pete picked her up like he was suppose to. The director yelled cut. Everyone was silent. She was amazing.

*Charlie's POV*

I finished the scene, letting Pete drop me after the director yelled cut. I closed my eyes, waiting for critiques, waiting for direction, for some kind of flaw. But slowly. the director started clapping, walking towards me "Brillant. Do that again, ok?" I nodded, not breaking character, and got right back into my original spot. I wanted to keep that feeling of hatred, dispair, desperate. A makeup artist touched me up a bit, and we were back to doing the scene again. It didn't take that many shots. We filmed a different scene, the part right before. And soon, we were done for the day. I slipped away from the set, walking into my trailer. Kelly had already started the shower for me. I jumped in, letting the hot water wash away my makeup. It always took a little bit of time for me to get out of my character. I don't know where I get my emotions from, but they were strong. I tried not to let them suffocate me. It was hard sometimes, when you were in the mindset of such a cunning person. I walked out of the shower and put on some jeans and a tee-shirt. I called to Kelly, and followed Henson to my car. They both were praising me for my performance. We pulled up to the hotel, and I couldn't wait to get some sleep. I couldn't wait to dream of Josh. I jumped in my bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. I felt myself sway into sleep, imagining Josh's arms around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
All character for the Hunger Games series do not belong to me.