Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Stormy Days

My hotel room was dark, and cold. I had three blankets on top of me,wrapped close to my body to keep me warm. Despite that, I was still shivering. I looked outside the window at the dark clouds that surrounded the sky, storm threatening to pass through. I secretly begged Mother Nature to wait until I was sleeping to unleash the storm. I was terrified of lightening. As soon as I made my secret wish, rain began pouring down from the sky. Thanks a lot Mother Nature. I snuggled into my blankets more, jumping at every sound of thunder. I heard the bing of my cell phone, and grabbed it from the night stand, smiling when I saw Josh's name flash on the screen. It was a text message: I love thunderstorms, don't you?

Uh no? I threw the phone back on the night stand, and pulled the covers over my head. Suddenly I realized I could use Josh's sick enjoyment to my advantage. I reached for my phone again, slipped on my slippers, and ran out of my hotel room before another lightening could strike. I used my spare key to get into Josh's room. Thank god he got me one. I tip-toed past his security guard, waving hello, and snuck into his room. "Josh?" I whispered out loud. I could see the lump that was Josh under his covers. I walked to the side of his bed and peered into his face. His eyes were closed and a light smile was on his lips. He looked so peaceful, so handsome. His boyish looks showed more when he was asleep, appearing to be at least 3 years younger. I reached out to brush his hair of his face, trying not to disturb him, when another lightening flashed and thunder roared through the room. I screamed and turned toward the window, my face flashed white by the lightening. I felt warm, strong hands around my waist, pulling me close. I felt soft lips against my head, but my eyes were squeezed shut. I was frozen with fear. I always get like this during storms. "Is everything alright Mr. Hutcherson?" Josh's voice was sleepy and soft, "Yeah, we're alright. Thanks." He turned me around in his arms and i wrapped my hand around his neck. "You OK Charlie?" I nodded slightly, but jumped when another lightening bolt hit. I felt Josh pick me up and lay me in his bed, shutting the blinds of the windows.

He layed down next to me and pulled me into his arms, rubbing the side of my arm. "I didn't know you were afraid of storms." His voice instantly relaxed me, "There's alot of things you don't know about me, Mr. Hutcherson." He chuckled quietly, "What's your favorite color?" I breathed in his scent, becoming aware that all he was wearing was boxers. "Green. Yours?" I spoke quietly. I was still scared, shaking a bit. "Use to be blue, but ever since I looked into your eyes, I think mine might be green as well." I snuggled closer into him as I heard more thunder. He squeezed me tighter, "Shh. Charlie, it's ok. I'm right here." It didn't help, I was still shivering, pushing my face further into his chest. He was silent for a second, then suddenly he was getting up from the bed, pulling on a shirt from the ground. "Josh, where are you going?" I was frantic, reaching out for his arms. "Charlie, stay right here. I promise I'll be right back, ok? I'm gonna turn on the TV." He reached down and kissed my lips, then grabbed a hoodie and pushed the button on the TV. "Charlie, I'll be a few minutes. Rob is right out here if you need him." Then he was out the door.

For the next 20 minutes, I was a nervous wreck. The storm managed to get worst once Josh left. I didn't wanna bother Rob, but every time thunder shook the room, I screamed, causing Rob to yell my name to make sure I was OK. I wasn't, obviously, but I always told him I was fine. Where was Josh? How could he just abandon me like that? I needed him. I looked around and found a few of his shirts thrown in a pile on the floor. I ran over and grabbed one, pulling it on my body. It was big on me, but I didn't care. It smelt like him. It was comforting. I sat up on the bed and attempted to watch TV, pulling Josh's shirt over my nose. Soon, a sobbing wet Josh emerged into the bedroom holding a small bag. He dropped it to the floor and started stripping off his wet clothes. "Josh, where in the hell were you! I almost died!" I heard his chuckle from across the room as I ran to hug him. He was cold and wet, shaking his wet hair on my face.

"I have a surprise for you, Charlie. Sit on the bed." I smiled up at him and obeyed and ran to the bed like a little kid. He just made me so happy. "Ok, sweetheart, close your eyes." I heard him rustle around the room, setting up my surprise. I was so tempted to open my eyes, but I felt a pair hands pull me into their lap. I seated in the middle of Josh's legs, leaning back against his chest. His chin pressed against the top of my head. I heard sounds coming from the TV and instantly recognized what was on. My eyes shot open, "Josh! You remembered!" He snaked his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head, "I'm sorry it took so long, I couldn't find a movie store." I turned my head and pulled his lips to mine, kissing him hard. I pulled back and gazed into his hazel eyes, stroking his Peeta blond hair. "It's perfect Josh, thank you."

I turned my head back to the screen, watching as a younger version of Josh walks onto a school bus. It was Bridge to Terabithia. The one movie that made me feel better, no matter what. I felt Josh's strong arms tighten around me, as I laughed at the movie. I forgot about the storm and let the movie occupy my mind. I couldn't believe Josh had done this for me. He went out in the storm to find me my favorite movie. This was probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I laughed, "Look how tiny you were! You were so cute! What happened?" Josh pinched my side and chuckled, "I turned into a man!" I started laughing louder, enjoying the feel of Josh's voice in my ear. He was so soothing, so charming. "Josh?" I pulled his hands into mine, making circles with my fingers. "Hmm?" I stared nervously at our ends entwined.

I've never felt this way about a guy. Josh just understood me, everything about me. I'm finally not afraid anymore. Not afraid of what people think of me, not afraid that if I'm not perfect, people won't care about me anymore. I don't feel lost, cause Josh found me. And made me feel special in a way I never have before. Sometimes the happiest people with the biggest smiles are just really good actors. I don't have to act anymore. I smile because I'm lucky to have someone like Josh. Someone who cares and goes and buys movies for you because your sad. You meet thousands of people and they don't mean much. Then you meet one person and they change your life forever. Josh was my one person.

I felt his warm lips against my ear. I closed my eyes enjoying the sensation. He pulled my face close to his, rubbing his nose against mine, smiling his beautiful smile. "I wrote a song about you," I whispered softly. He pressed his lips against mine, looking into my eyes "I'd like to hear that sometime." I furrowed my brow and looked down biting my lip, afraid to speak. He kissed my forehead, he always knew how to make me relax. "Josh, I think I'm falling for you." His eyes got darker, staring into my green ones. I felt his heartbeat through his shirt, rapid and loud. I took in his face, his square jaw that make him look so manly, determined, soft lips covering a crooked smile, eyes flicked with gold matching his tousled blond hair. He cupped my face, sighing after a few minutes, "Well. That makes two of us."