Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Paparazzi

The fans found us. It was a matter of time since the location of the set was the same as the last movie. Everyday, people stood outside our hotel, hoping to get a glimpse of our faces. They surrounded the sets, sometimes being so rowdy, we had to close them off completely. It was bad, since me and Josh were trying to keep our relationship on the down low. We knew that we would be exposed, at some point. We just didn't want it to happen. I pulled on my sun glasses, prepared for the excited flash of cameras as I walked outside the hotel to my car. Henson followed me now ever since a fan managed to rip my shirt. She was extremely apologetic, which of course I thanked her for. The fabric from my shirt sold the next day on Ebay for a large sum of money. Me and Josh thought it was hilarious, but Lisa certainly did not. Me and Josh had to travel separately now, meeting up in our trailers in secret, afraid someone would snap a picture of us. Henson was by my side, fully prepared to protect my shirt. I walked out the doors of the hotel, trying to keep my head down from the paparazzi. I noticed a large group of girls off to the right, holding pictures of myself and some CDs. I couldn't just ignore them. "Henson, cover me." I walked over to the girls, whose faces lite up instantly. It felt good to greet my fans. I didn't care how many I had, I appreciated every one. I took a few pictures, signed a few autographs, hugged a few people. I waved goodbye, smiling especially at a little girl with my face plastered across her tee-shirt. Henson lead me into the car, trying his best to hold back the paparazzi. They all frantically screamed my name, but one particular man caught my attention. "Charlie! Charlie! Is it true your dating Josh Hutcherson?" I looked back at the man in shock, but before I could answer, I was shut in my car. How did he know? How could he possible know, me and Josh were so careful. This was bad. Really bad. In a matter of moments, everyone would know.

I found Josh as soon as I could, pulling him into a room with Lisa and explaining everything. Josh looked nervous, he knew once the paps found out, it was pure chaos. Lisa quickly turned on her laptop and began searching for anything that had to do with me and Josh. "Well Charlie, I can't find anything." I turned to her, "What? I know what he said Lisa. He knew". She shook her head, "I'm sure he did. He's just waiting for the right time to tell. We'll just have to be on guard, ok?" I folded my arms in anger, and stomped out of the room. Josh called after me, tugging on my arm to stop. "Charlie, come on. It isn't that bad..." I turned to him, pulling away my arm, "Isn't that bad? Josh, they're gonna tear us apart. What we have now is as perfect as it will get, and now they're gonna destroy it. We gonna be spy on wherever we go, whatever we do. I'll never be alone with you." I felt tears starting to well up in my eyes. I tried to push them away, but I was just too upset. Josh pulled me in his arms, and kissed the top of my head. "I'm not going anywhere Charlie. I don't care if they know, we're gonna be ok. I'm not gonna lose you over the stupid media", he pulled back my face and brushed away my tears with his thumbs. I looked into his eyes and couldn't help believing him. He was very convincing, after all.

We had a cast party later that night. Josh told me he had figure out a way for us to ride in the same car, for which I was grateful. The only way he could manage this was if we were avoiding the paparazzi, and I was terrified that I'd see that man again. And that I'd be asked the same question. I had washed my hair and Kelly curled it and put it half up and half down. She was always good with hair, especially if my stylist wasn't with me, which was much of the time. I skimmed my closet, hoping to find the perfect dress to wear, since this was the first time Josh would see me in evening clothes. I picked out one of my favorites, with the price tag still on it. A little black dress, scoop neck, sleeveless, that plunged a bit in the back. I threw on red pumps, and some black earrings. My makeup made my eyes pop, and my lips were tinted to look a bit more red. I walked out of my bedroom, grabbing my purse. Kelly chuckled at me, "You're gonna kill him, they way you look tonight." I smiled at her, "That would be the point."

We were meeting in the back parking lot, underneath the hotel. I could hear me and Kelly's heels click against the pavement as we followed Henson. I could make out Josh's figure as we approached him. He looked beyond sexy, wearing dark, denim jeans, a tee shirt, and a black leather jacket. His blond hair was style perfectly, looking at him made my knees weak. I smiled at his face, as he looked me up and down. He was leaning against the car, hands stuffed in his pocket. As soon as I got close enough, he opened his arms and pulled me in, his lips against my ear, "You trying to kill me?" Kelly laughed behind us, "That was her plan." I pulled away from Josh, pleased with the impression I made on him. I knew my legs would look killer in this dress.

"Kelly, you look amazing as always". Kelly smiled at Josh, "Thanks! I knew I liked you." I pushed Kelly into the car and chuckled. Henson held the door for me and Josh, we were in a black SUV tonight. We arrived shortly, pulling up in the back lot. Josh held his hand around my waist as we walked up to the back of the club. A man lead us all up to the upper level, marked VIP. We were greeted instantly by a swarm of people, all excited for the cast party, talking about the movie and such. I looked around the room. The club was bi-level, a swarm of people on the first floor listening to the music blasting from the speakers. It wasn't normal club music, but from a live alternative band that was playing below. Some people were staring up at us, pointing, taking photos. Me and Josh had to be really careful tonight. we were on a balcony of some sorts, that overlooked the floor below. I felt a hand wrap around my waist, "Can I just take you back to the hotel? The way you look tonight is driving me crazy." I pulled away from Josh, taking a step back from the balcony. He looked a me curiously, "What's wrong? I won't bite, unless you want me too." He smirked at me, but I shook my head, a smile across my lips. "They have cameras Josh. Not the best idea." He laughed, "So back to the hotel then?" I chuckled at him, looking up at his hazel eyes. He shrugged, "I'll get us drinks then."

I peered back over the balcony, almost positive I was being watched. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned around, "Josh I said-" I was cut short when I realized it was a girl who touched my shoulder. I chuckled "Sorry, I thought you were... Nevermind. Do I know you? I'm Charlie." She smiled slightly, taking my hand and shaking it. "This is crazy. I'm a fan of yours. I can't believe I'm meeting you." I smiled at the girl, who stood there in awe. "Can I ask you a favor? It's my best best friend's birthday, and you're her favorite actress, singer, everything! Could you sing a song for her? Please? It would make her so so happy," the girl was practically shaking with excitement. I thought about this. It would be in the papers tomorrow, but it wasn't like it was bad news. I was helping a fan. I mean, it WAS her birthday. "Well, ok. Sure." The girl practically jumped off the floor, "OMG! This is amazing. Ok, I'm gonna go tell the club manager. This is awesome!" The girl grinned at me and ran away, running down the VIP stairs. I wonder how she got up here. "Ok, here you go. One diet coke. Sorry hun, they wouldn't let me spike it. Who was that?" I took the drink from Josh and sighed, "A fan. I'm singing for her friend tonight." He practically spit out his drink, "No way! Oh awesome. You're really nice to your fans, aren't you?" I shrugged. I figured, if they devoted time to me, I should do the same for them. I leaned into Josh and whispered in his ear, "I'm gonna go sing for this girl. And then we're outta here. You have no idea how much I want you." She pulled away and winked at him. He looked like he'd just been punched in the stomach, standing there speechless. As I walked away, I heard him call after me "You better hurry than, Charlie!".