Status: Give it a shot! And sorry for the grammar errors and different tenses... English is not my first language ^_^;

Replaced

XI.

They arrived to the nearby park. There the three of them, Tom, Alison and Trevor, would play on the swings, on the slides or on the monkey bars since they lived in the same neighborhood. It was a nice place to get lost in the memories. Alison and Tom were sitting on the swings talking about how the loved this place.

“Yeah… remember when you punched Dick Dickenson in the face because he kicked your sand castle.” Tom started laughing and Alison giggled and smiled.

“That fat bastard, he deserved that and more.” Tom chuckled. “And what about you? If I remembered correctly you used to lift the girls skirts to see their panties, you pervert.” Tom looked up at the orange sky with a smile.

“Oh yes,” Alison punched him in the arm and laughed. “I’m glad that you are laughing again. You looked like you were about to die.” Alison looked at Tom and smiled.

“Yeah—sorry about that.” Tom wrapped his arm around her shoulder and hugged her. “What are you doing?”

“Can’t you see I’m hugging you?” Alison broke free from his, poked him on the ribs and he jumped. “Stop it!” he was ticklish. She laughed and continued to poke him. “Hey!” both of them started to laugh, Tom grabbed her hands and glared but it was a failure because they burst into laughter again. “You devil woman!”

“The one and only!” she laughed. It felt nice to laugh; it’s been so long since her stomach hurt from laughing.

They stopped for a minute and Alison started to swing herself. “So, tell me Alison. What happed?’ Alison looked down at the grass. “Maybe I can help you.”

She shook her head. “I don’t think you can help me.” Tom stopped her from moving.

“Try me. I’m your brother.” Alison looked at him in the eye, he looked very worried and that made her spill everything. Not her plan with Kevin, she didn’t think he would handle it; just the whole Trevor situation. “I knew that you liked him but not like this. I’m sorry Ally.” She was right; he didn’t know how to help. “But by ignoring him won’t you be giving him more reason to be with that girl?” Alison looked thoughtful.

“I-I thought that by doing that he would notice me more… now I can see that my presence was insignificant and that it could be replaced… forgotten so easily.” Tom shook his head.

“No, look Alison. You are his friend and of course he would notice that you are gone. But instead of looking for you he is focusing his attention on that girl Billy; it’s only natural that he would prefer his girlfriend over a friend.” Alison snapped her head.

“He never did this to me when he was with his other girlfriends. I was more important than them!” Tom let out a long sigh.

“Because he didn’t take them serious, apparently this one proved to be the exception.” Alison let out a small grunt. “He even was with another girl when he met her—something I don’t approve but its reality.” Tom kicked a patch of grass and looked up at the sunset. “You played it safe and now this is what you get.”

“I did play it safe! You know why? Because if I told him that I loved him and he didn’t love me back then our relationship would have died! I prefer being his friend than have an awkward relationship.” Again she snapped.

“And look at you now.” She let out a little gasp. “If you have told him your feelings things might have been different—sure it would be awkward at first but then you would have opened his eyes. He would have stopped looking at you as his best friend and more like a woman.” Now Alison was frustrated. “Now you are hurting because of him… it’s too late now Alison. It’s either waiting ‘till they break up or move on. I suggest you to move on.”

“You think I haven’t thought about it? It’s hard Tom. It’s very hard!” Tom stood up and went behind Alison. He started pushing her on the swings. “My chest hurt every time I think about him, I want to kill that girl for taking away from me… I have much more history than her, why did he choose her over me?” Tom didn’t answer; he just kept pushing her softly. “I just want him to hug me…”

Both of them heard some foots steps and some laughter. Alison rolled her eyes, it’s probably some kids playing around, she thought. “Alison?” she napped her head at their direction. It was Trevor and … Billy. What they hell was she doing here? She yelled in her head. Tom noticed the pained expression his sister had—her feelings must be real. She was hurt. He really had that much of an effect on her. Trevor was an ignorant for not realizing her feelings.

Trevor looked at Alison and Tom on the swings; Billy looked at Trevor and looked down. She had that kind of affection on him. She could never compare herself with Alison; Billy felt like she could lose to Alison. Trevor started walking towards then and noticed that Tom had his hand around Alison’s waist and was whispering something in her ear, he was looking their way. Alison’s face changed completely. Her eyes looked tired and hallow; when Trevor walked over there Tom got up and smiled at him, but his hand was still on Alison’s waist.

“What a nice surprise!” said Tom, “You finally arrived but… who is this?” Trevor grabbed Billy by the hand and pulled her.

“This is Billy; I was giving her a tour of the park.”

“So you guys are on a date?” Trevor nodded slowly. “And here was Alison waiting for you. If I recall correctly, Friday nights you and lil’ sis’ got together and hang out; you didn’t even text her.” Alison looked down and a little smiled escaped. Tom could be as equally evil and cruel as Alison when he wanted to be. “I even had to look for her to bring her home, she is a little sick you know.” Nice going brother, Alison thought.

“But I thought that she was busy doing work, she even said that she didn’t have time. I—” Tom shook his head.

“But she didn’t cancel her plans to meet with you, did she?” Trevor looked at Alison apologetic. “But don’t worry; it’s not your fault.” He snapped his eyes at Billy and cocked his head to the side and smiled. She looked away and grabbed Trevor’s sleeve.

“Alison, I’m so sorry. You should have said something.” Tom shook his head again. Billy looked at Trevor. Say something? So he would have canceled if she had called?

“No she didn’t. Since she didn’t know that you were dating again— and in such short period of time. Didn’t you break up two days ago with your girlfriend? Anyway, she thought that it was going to be another normal day. You were the one who should have said something.” Alison got up and patted Trevor’s shoulder, like saying that she forgave him. “Well, we should get going; mom has some medications at home. See ya! Oh, and again, thanks for the lift Trevor!”

Alison and Tom walked away from the park, when they were far away from them Alison started to laugh. Tom chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Wow, you surprise me my dear brother.”
“Well, what can I say?” he lifted his chin dramatically, feeling high and mighty.

“I didn’t expect you to be this genius.” Tom let out a sight.

“Dear little sister, I was born before you. I know all the tricks and how to hid my—what you might call—evilness. Unlike you, who people know you for being you. I can use it for my advantage and get away with things. Look at it this way: I act like I’m a nice guy, get their trust and if I want to I can manipulate anyone. Best part? They won’t even notice.” Alison scoffed and nodded.

“I approve. I thought that you were just my stupid brother but I guess your acting is better than mine. I have my eye on you now.” She said sticking out her tongue. She felt better. “Anyway, but isn’t Trevor your friend? Why did you do this?”

“Oh, he is. But you are my sister, I will help you, beside Trevor won’t look into what I did. I made it seem like I was protecting you, not that I was making him feel bad because I like to see him troubled. I don’t like ignorant people.” Alison smiled and looked at her brother.

“Thank you and sorry for today, I promise that I will try to not still your car and black mail you again.” Tom pushed her gently.

“Sure, but if you do that without a valid reason I… well, you will find out if you ever did.” Alison looked at her brother and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw :') Gotta love family! I can honestly say that I love Tom. He seemed nice but he is a monster hehe. XD Comment if you like! Love you all!!