Sequel: CSI: Across the Pond

Gerard Way: Crime Scene Investigator

Chapter 3

“Gerard. Arthur. Way. What in the name of all things sane have you done?” Gerard smiled, showing his teeth. He couldn’t wait until the rest of the team found out, so he decided to call a meeting.

“You’re probably wondering why I’ve called you all here,” he said, facing away from them and sitting in his tall leather chair. He smirked to himself in the darkness. This would be good.

“Yeah, kind of,” said Ray, crossing his arms.

“Frank, hit the lights,” said Gerard. Frank flipped the switch, flooding the room with light. Gerard slowly turned around, and the team - except for Frank - collectively gasped. His normally long, ebony-shaded hair was now short and platinum blond.

“Anyway, now for the real news. We won CSI Team of the Year!” They recovered from the shock and started cheering. Suddenly, Frank left the room and ran down the hallway.

“Frank, what-” Bob began.

“I’ve gotta get the alcohol!” he shouted. He stopped and turned around. “Except for Gee,” he added. Gerard smiled knowingly. He was glad Frank remembered.
-
“Hey, Gerard, I found something really strange. Come take a look.” Gerard stepped away from the microscope and walked over to Bob, who was looking at the bullet.

“It’s a .50-caliber bullet. Sniper rifle. Just a guess, but it doesn’t seem like the kind of gun drug dealers carry around with them.” Gerard frowned.

“Then maybe that’s not what we have here. Thanks, Bob.”

Gerard grabbed Frank and drove back to the crime scene with the photo of the building. Gerard parked across the street from the hotel matching the photo and grabbed his field kit out of the car’s trunk. Frank took his camera and field kit and followed him into the hotel. Both of them removed their sunglasses almost simultaneously. Gerard went to check out the room while Frank got the information of anyone who had been staying in it within the last few days.

Gerard secretly hated the fact that hotels were so efficient. It was a high-class place, which meant the cleaning staff had to work well and they had to work fast. He went onto the balcony and looked at where his car was parked. It was in roughly the same area as the boy who had been killed. He found nothing in the potted plants, but saw a fine black powder coating part of the handrail. He tested some of it on a cotton swab just as Frank entered the room.

“Find anything?” he asked.

“Wait two seconds and I can tell you...Yep. It’s GSR,” Gerard answered. Frank snapped a photo.

“Got the name and address of the guy who stayed here,” he said as Gerard packed up the chemicals and slid his dark sunglasses over his eyes.

“Should we pay him a visit?” he asked nonchalantly as he and Frank left the room.

“Oh yes, let’s.”