Status: Hiatus

Sometimes Love Hurts

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the songs or any of the Harry Potter characters. They belong to the lovely J.K. Rowling, and I am just borrowing them. In no way am I saying that they belong to me. Kthnx.

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.


Shiloh Merritt is not used to feeling like she belongs. Her mom walked out on her and her dad when she was only four years old. Her dad has felt bitter ever since, blaming Shiloh for her mother leaving. He has never been kindly to her and swears up and down that one day, he'll trade her in for a proper boy. Shiloh couldn't care less about her father's thoughts, for that's all they were. He would threaten up and down, but never follow through.

For as long as she could remember, Shiloh had always seen some sort of alcoholic drink in her father's hand. And when he would get angry, she would feel his hand, hot like fire across her cheeks. She soon learned to keep everything to herself.

But when her father leaves to go on a "trip" he never comes back and Shiloh is shipped off to live with her aunt in England. There, she is surprised to find people who welcome her into their home with open arms and open hearts, faces full of love. She is even more shocked when she learns that she gets to go to Hogwarts. The greatest school in all of England to learn of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

What will she find when she walks through those rough iron doors for the first time? Will Shiloh find friends? Or just enemies? For once, she feels like she belongs.

And Hogwarts welcomes her with open arms.