Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 14 - Just When Things Got Better...

Mickey's POV

The next day was Saturday, our day off from set before we begin shooting the next episode. Ross insisted on taking me shopping to celebrate it being five months since the day we met, which also mean't that the next day was our five-month anniversary.

"Babe, no. You do so much for me already," I told him.

"Well, I'm supposed to give everything I've got to the one I love, aren't I?" he asked, winking.

I smiled and hugged him.

"Fine," I gave in.

"You just can't argue with Ross Lynch," he joked.

"I can, but by now I've figured out that it's pointless."

"Yes. Yes it is."

"Ha, ha. Very funny!"

I started to change into jean shorts and a tank top, not caring that Ross was in the same room. I was in my bra and underwear when he hugged me from behind, kissing my neck. I laughed.

"Really, Ross?"

"Yes, really," he answered, chuckling. "You're beautiful."

"I'm in my bra and underwear, you creep!" I responded with a laugh, pulling his arms off me gently. Once I got my clothes on, we went outside and got in his car.

He drove to the mall, holding my hand the whole time. When we got there, he took me into every single girly store in the mall and bought at least one thing from all of them. I felt so spoiled. I repeatedly asked him to stop buying me things but he wouldn't listen. It got just plain awkward when he tried to take me in one last store: Victoria's Secret.

"Hell no," I said. He took my hand and tried dragging me in the door, but I pulled him back towards me.

"When did you get so strong?" he asked.

"Volleyball. I have to be strong if I want to spike. But seriously Ross, I don't want to go in there."

"Why? I'll get you something nice," he flirted with a wink.

I laughed.

"Absolutely not."

"Come on, you just changed in front of me earlier. It won't matter."

"Ross, a guy can't go into Victoria's Secret. He just can't. For God's sake, are you insane?"

"Yes. I can't lie," he answered, making me laugh. "C'mon, today is your day."

"No, today is our day."

After arguing for ten minutes, I finally let him take me in. People stared which made me try so hard not to laugh. Ross ran up to a bra that had volleyballs on it.

"This is so you!" he said.

I laughed.

"Yes. It is."

"What's your size?"

"That's something you don't need to know," I said as I looked through them for one that would fit me. When I grabbed it, he tried to look at the tag. "Stop!" I said with a laugh, snatching it from him. He laughed, taking my hand and leading me to the counter to pay for it.

After eating at the food court, we went back to his house for another movie night. Riker ran to rent the movie and pick up Leah so Rocky and Ryland were sitting in the living room with us while we waited. We were talking and laughing for a few minutes before my phone went off, playing Can't Get Enough Of You.

"Nice ringtone," Rocky said with a smirk.

"Shut up," I said, giggling. I looked at my phone screen to see that I had a text from Camille.

'Hey, you might want to check this out,' it said with a website under it.

"Uh, Ross. Can I use your laptop for a sec?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure," he answered, grabbing it off the coffee table and handing it to me. I already knew his password: my name. He was just too adorable. I got on the internet and typed in the website. When I saw what was on it, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"Oh. My. God."

"Mick, what is it?" Ross asked, leaning towards me to look at the screen. I handed him the laptop. I just couldn't look at it anymore.
"Holy shit," he said, his face turning red. It was a website labeled 'Ross Lynch With A Mystery Girl.' There were pictures of us all over the page; pictures of us in his car, eating at the food court, kissing at the food court. But the worst one was the very last one at the bottom of the page. There was a picture of us in Victoria's Secret, and Ross was holding the volleyball bra he bought me. The caption said, 'Ross Takes Mystery Girl Bra Shopping.' "Oh my God, then even managed to find out your twitter name. It's at the bottom of the page."

"WHAT?!" I screamed, snatching the computer from him. I looked at the screen and, sure enough, my twitter name, @TheMickey14, (isn't my twitter name in real life) was listed at the bottom. I quickly opened another tab and got on twitter. I'd gained thirty thousand followers. I clicked to my mentions and read down the list. Most of them said things along the lines of 'you're so ugly,' or 'Ross is mine!' and some were even death threats. There were a few that said we were cute together, but I couldn't smile. All of the hate was bothering me. No one liked me because I was Ross' girlfriend. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt his arms around me and his breath on my neck.

"Mickey, don't listen to them. They aren't true fans of mine if they don't care about my feelings for you. And that's their loss."

I sniffled.

"They hate me."

"But I don't. And that's all that matters," he said, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Mickey, don't worry about all of those idiots. They don't know how great you are," Rocky said. I completely forgot that he and Ry were still there.

"Thanks guys. But I think I'm gonna go home. I just want to take some time to try and forget about this."

"Okay," Ross murmured. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"Will you?"

"Of course, baby."

I said goodbye to Rocky and Ryland and went next door to my house. I made my way to my room and put pajamas on. Ross surprisingly didn't say a word. He probably knew I wasn't in the mood. I collapsed down on my bed and Ross sat by my side.

"Things will get better, Mick. They always do," he said softly, brushing hair out of my face.

"I know. I just can't believe this is happening."

"We'll get through it together." He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

There was a few minutes of silence.

"Ross?"

"Yeah, Mick?"

"Can you stay overnight and sleep with me? I really need to be with you right now."

"Yeah, if you want me to. But won't your parents flip?"

"I really don't care at this point."

"Okay."

He took off his shirt, turned the light off, and lay down behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I fell asleep in minutes, actually feeling content and comfortable. That's what I love so much about Ross. He can make me feel so special, even in the worst situation. Little did I know that things the next day would get worse. Much worse.