Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 15 - Best For Him Or Best For You?

Mickey's POV

I woke up to the feeling of warm, soft lips on mine. I opened my eyes to see Ross. I smiled as I kissed him back.

"Good morning, beautiful. How was your night? Mine was wonderful with you by my side," he sang.

I grinned. That was my favorite song when I was little.

"How did you know I loved that song?" I asked.

"I didn't. Oh, and happy anniversary, baby," he said, kissing my cheek.

We went downstairs to find my mom cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, you two. Sleep well?"

"You knew he was here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I heard you guys come in and I figured he would stay," she answered. Ross smiled at her words.

When she finished making pancakes, we all sat down to eat. Afterwards, we went back over to Ross' house. Rydel greeted me with a hug and an apology about the haters. Rocky asked if I was okay, Ryland just stood there, and Riker was still sleeping.

"I'm alright," I answered Rocky.

Stormie came in from the kitchen and hugged me.

"Hello, sweetie. Happy anniversary!"

"Aawhh, thank you," I replied as Ross put his arm around my waist.

"Five months. Wow," she said, shaking her head. "Soon it will be a
year."

"And then two years and then fifty," Ross said, looking down at me with a smile. I laughed.

"Oh, and I heard about what happened last night, Mickey," Stormie continued. "Don't listen to them, they don't know a thing about you!
You're so sweet and beautiful! They're just jealous!"

I smiled.

"Thanks, that does actually make me feel better."

Just then, Mark stomped down the stairs, his iPhone in hand.

"Ross, do you care to explain yourself about all of this?" he asked, revealing his phone screen, which showed the website we saw the night before.

"Uh, the paparazzi caught us at the mall yesterday."

"Yeah, they sure did," Mark said angrily.

"Mark, honey. Everything will be okay. Remember what Ross said to us that day? He doesn't care if people find out," Stormie said to him.

"No, this is absolutely NOT okay! Ross, I told you to be careful!"

"And I was!" he answered.

"You. Were. Not," Mark snapped.

"Dad," Rocky jumped in. "It's not like he didn't try to avoid them. He can't stay away from everything. Besides, they've been dating for five months now. I think it's time that people know."

"Do you realize how much attention this is going to get? Ross won't even be able to go outside! The paparazzi will be on our lawn in the next few days!"

"Then I'll go outside and answer all of their questions. You just don't understand, Dad. I don't have anything to hide, and the last thing I want to do is hide Mickey from the world," Ross said.

"I knew you weren't ready to date," Mark mumbled, shaking his head.

"Mark!" Stormie jumped in. "Of course he is! They came so far without letting it happen."

"Which is exactly why I know he's not ready! He would've been smart about taking her out the whole time!"

"Dad, a lot of celebrities go through this everyday like it's ordinary," Riker said. "Just give it some time. It will clear up in a few days, and now they don't have to worry about hiding anymore."

"Riker, they're just kids. Ross has millions of girls that are hooked on him. The public should think that he's single for the business."

I was in shock. I just stood there listening to everything they were saying.

"I can control my own life, Dad! I'll live it the way I want, and this is what I want. I know that all those girls are obsessed with me, but that doesn't change how I feel about Mickey."

"Do you really want her to go through all that hate? It's not going to stop until they know she's not yours anymore."

"So now you care about her feelings? Because you didn't a few seconds ago."

"I care about both of your feelings, which is why I'm trying to protect you from all the attention from the press."

"They'll be fine, Dad," Ryland said. "I mean, look at Justin Bieber. He's not much older than them and he and Selena Gomez have been public for almost two years, which was when he was their age."

"Yeah, things won't be easy. But we can handle it," Ross added. "I want you to understand that I'm mature enough."

"I'm sorry, Ross, but I don't think you're ready for something like this. I don't want you to see her."

"What?!" Ross shrieked.

"You can still talk and everything, but as friends. I don't want you to date Mickey."

"That's not your decision to make!" he yelled back.

"As long as you live under my roof, it is."

That was when I finally spoke.

"Well, if that's what you want, fine."

I stormed out the door, tears streaming down my face.

"Mickey, wait!" I heard Ross yell.

Ross' POV

"Mark, that is not something you would ever do!" Mom yelled. "Your son found a girl that was actually real around him and you get rid of her?!"

"Stormie, it was for the best."

"Best for him or best for you?" she asked, putting her hand on her forehead and walking away.