Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 16 - Telling The World

Mickey's POV

I ran straight to my room, ignoring my mom asking what was wrong, and collapsed on the bed in tears. Did that just happen? I lay there for a few minutes before my brother came in.

"Hey, I'm going to...what's wrong?"

I started crying harder at his question. He sat beside me and rubbed my arm.

"Mick, you can talk to me about anything, you know."

"I know," I let out between sobs.

"What happened?"

"Mark won't let Ross and I date anymore."

"What? Why?!" he said, turning to face me.

"Paparazzi caught us at the mall yesterday so everyone knows about us and then I got hate on twitter last night."

"That's so stupid. A lot of celebrities make their relationship public."

"Well, Mark doesn't want ours public, apparently."

He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Mick. I wish I could help."

My phone started vibrating. I picked it up to see that the screen read 'Ross (: ♥'

"Uuugghhh," I said, opening the text.
'
Mickey I'm so sorry. I never mean't for this to happen! I just wanted to take you out for a day of shopping and to spend time together.'

I slid open the keyboard and started typing.

'It isn't your fault, Ross. Your dad made the decision, not you.'

'I know, but everything that happened is because of me. I gotta go, I have an interview today with Clevver TV.'

'Okay. Talk to you later.'

"Is that Ross?" Josh asked.

"Yeah."

Josh had to leave for work so I just stayed in my room. I decided I would watch Ross' interview so I grabbed my laptop and got on the website that would play it live. When it came on, I saw Ross and Joselyn, one of the interviewers. She did her opening statement and introduced Ross to the audience. She asked him a few questions about Austin & Ally and R5. Then things got interesting.

"So," she began. "We've seen something that we want to ask you about."

"Okay," he answered awkardly. A picture of us sitting at the mall food court showed up on the flatscreen tv beside them.

"Who's this?" Joselyn asked, a smile on her face.

"Uh, that's my neighbor, Mickey. She's a friend of mine and a co-star that's going to be on future episodes of Austin & Ally."

My heart broke at that statement. He could no longer call me his girlfriend. Tears filled my eyes as I kept watching. Another picture showed up. It was us kissing at the food court.

"Apparently a very good friend," she joked. Ross blushed.

"Okay, she is...was my girlfriend," he admitted. More tears ran down my face.

"Was?" she asked.

"Yeah, we broke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry. But this was only yesterday."

"It happened this morning before I came here."

I examined his face. I could tell he was destroyed.

"If you don't mind my asking, what happened?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Uh, we...didn't have as much in common as we thought."

I cried harder. I didn't expect him to tell the truth since Mark probably told him not to, but still. I felt like my heart had just been ripped into a million pieces.

The interview continued for a few more minutes and then something I didn't expect at all happened.

"Okay, wait," Ross said, holding everything. "I can't lie to the press, especially because of Mickey's feelings. She's watching this right now, I just know it. I said earlier that we broke up because we had too many differences. That isn't what happened at all."

Joselyn looked at him in silence, waiting for him to continue.

"Those pictures that got out angered my dad and he refused to let us see each other. Plus, Mickey was getting a lot of hate since her twitter name was released, too. I love her more than anything and I want to be with her, but I'm not permitted to be." His eyes were filled with tears now. One found its way down his cheek. "She's everything to me."

I smiled, still crying. He just told the whole world that he loved me. Mark was going to be beyond pissed, but he obviously didn't care about that at all. When the interview ended, I knew Ross would be home soon so i went and sat on my doorstep to wait for him. When his car pulled up, he and his parents got out. Mark didn't look upset, which confused me a little. Ross looked over and saw me, smiling. He started towards me and I stood up. When he got to me, he pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back as tightly as possible.

"You watched it, didn't you?"

"How could I not?" I asked, putting my face in his chest. I heard a throat clear and I looked up to see Mark standing there and the rest of the Lynch family standing a few yards behind him. I pulled out of Ross' hug and looked at him. He took a step toward me.

"Mickey, can I talk to you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooo what do you think Mark is gonna say??