Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 18 - Speechless

Mickey's POV

"You've got to be kidding me," I said to myself. Ross and AJ were just talking and all of a sudden, she kissed him. I know, SHE kissed HIM. I shouldn't be freaking out on him, right? Wrong. He was kissing her back. I turned and ran up the stairs before anyone could see me. I went into Ross' room and sat on his bed, crying my eyes out. I can never just have a freaking happy ending, can I?
I sat there crying for what felt like hours but was probably only ten minutes. The door suddenly opened and Ross came in.

"There you are! I was looking for...what's wrong, babe?"
I was furious. I stood up and immediately started freaking out.

"Don't EVER call me 'babe' again!"

"What's goi-"

"We are done, and I'm leaving," I said, walking out the door.

"Mick, wait!" Ross said. I stopped and glared at him for a second.

"Goodbye, Ross."

I went downstairs and outside, going straight home. I didn't ever want to see him again. I locked myself in my room for the rest of the day. I didn't even let Josh in, which, for me, was saying something. I got a text from Ross. I opened it just to see what it said.

'Mickey, please. Tell me why you did this.'

Really, Ross? You don't know why I acted that way? Ugh. I then got a text from Rydel.

'Hey, where are you? We're about to cut the cake.'

I slid the keyboard open and started typing back to her.

'I'm so sorry, Rydel. I had to go home. Something happened. I'll tell you later because I don't want to ruin your birthday. Have fun, girl. Don't worry about me.'

'Are you sure?' she texted back.

'Positive. Just have a blast for me, okay?'

'Alright. I'll come over later with some cake, though. And don't even think about arguing. I want to be there for you!'

I smiled and typed.

'Okay. See you later!'

'Bye! And by the way, I just opened your gift. A Hello Kitty boom box?! You're awesome, Mick!'

I literally laughed out loud at that message. I loved that she could make me feel better so easily. It's all I needed at the time, especially since Camille wasn't here to listen to my problems.

'Glad you like it! Now plug it in and have yourself a real party! See you soon, girlie.'

I shut my phone and sat it on my lap. It vibrated only seconds later with another text from Ross. I ignored it and settled down for a nap. Hopefully everything that just happened was only a dream. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

. . .

Rydel showed up with a plate that held two pieces of her birthday cake. I let her in and we went straight to my room so no one else in the house would bother us. I sat on my bed, thinking about where to start.

"Okay, what happened?" she asked. I stayed silent for a few seconds and then began.

"Ross is cheating on me."

Her eyes widened.

"No he isn't, Mick. He would never do that! He loves you more than anything!"

"Apparently not," I responded in a glum tone.

"Why would you think that he's cheating on you?"

I hesitated a second. I had to straighten out my thoughts before I explained.

"I went into the bathroom at your house to change into my bathing suit. When I came out, I saw Ross talking to AJ. I was about to go over to meet him so we could head out to the pool but right when I started walking towards them, she kissed him."

"AJ did that?!" she yelled, her jaw dropping.

"Yeah," I answered, tears forming in my eyes.

"Well, that doesn't mean he's cheating on you. AJ made the move, and I'll kill her for it later."

"I wasn't finished."

She stared at me, waiting for the rest of the details.

"He was kissing her back."

"Oh my God."

I stared at her, seeing her eyes widen. She looked just as hurt as I did.

"I'm gonna go talk to him."

"No!" I shouted, grabbing her arm as she stood up. "I don't want to think about him right now."

"C'mon, Mick. He needs to know what's going on and, more importantly, to set his priorities straight."

I sighed and looked at the ground.

"Alright."

She stood up and headed for the door.

"I'll call you in a few minutes. I'll put my phone in my pocket so you can hear everything without him knowing."

"Okay," I said, no excitement in my voice at all.

"Bye, Mick," she said, and ran out the door.

I went up to my room and sat on the bed, checking twitter for the first time in a few weeks. I went to my mentions and saw one from a fan that really caught my eye. It was a link to a picture of me running from Ross' house crying. Damn. The paparazzi must have gotten it from the bushes. I read the caption under the picture.

'Mickey of Austin & Ally Seen Leaving Boyfriend Ross' House With Teary Eyes.' Shit. I went back to my mentions, which were blowing up at the time. I saw all kinds of questions.

'Did you and Ross break up?' or 'Are you alright, Mickey? I'm sorry for anything you're going through.' Fans that hated me weren't exactly keeping quiet either.

'Ha! Ross broke up with you, didn't he? You don't deserve him anyway!'

'That bitch deserves to be crying. She stole my man!'

Those comments didn't make me feel any better, but I still chose to ignore them. I was getting used to ignoring the opinions of others.

My phone vibrated, interrupting my thoughts. I'd almost forgotten that Rydel was going to call me. I answered the phone and listened.

There was silence but then I heard Ross speak.

"Rydel, you know why she's mad. Just tell me!"

"You kissed another girl, Ross. She saw you with AJ today."

"Oh my God," he said faintly. I could hear the shock in his voice.

"Yeah, Ross. 'Oh my God' is right. You hurt her. Badly."

"I know, I know."

"Then why don't you do something about it?"

"Well, I..I um-"

"You like AJ, don't you?"

Those words put me on alert and I listened carefully for his answer.

"Well, yeah."

My heart broke right then. He wanted her and not me. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"What?!" Rydel freaked.

"It wasn't until then, though! She came onto me, but once she kissed me, I don't know. I liked it."

My face was drenched with tears. I was speechless. I didn't want to hear any more of the conversation so I ended the call. I had no interest of ever talking to him again, but he was still my Austin & Ally co-star. Work was going to he impossible now.

My doorbell rang so I ran downstairs to see who it was, praying it wasn't Ross. I opened the door to see someone I never thought I'd see again.

"Dylan?"