Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 19 - Double Trouble

Mickey's POV

"Dylan?"

"Hey, Mickey."

I didn't exactly want to see him because of what he did to me back home.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped.

"Woah, Tiger," he said, letting out a laugh. "I came to talk to you."

"All the way from Pennsylvania?" I asked, confused.

"It's important."

I let him come inside and we went to sit on the couch.

"What is it?" I said, eager to know what he wanted.

"I see you all over the place in the tabloids. I saw you on tv with that Ross guy. Congrats on that, by the way. But, are you dating him?"

"Why do you ask?" I said. I didn't want to tell him about anything that happened. I don't know why. I just had a weird feeling.

"Well, um. You're probably going to hate me for this, but I still like you. I don't really like the idea of you dating him."

"First, you can't tell me who I can and can't go out with, and second, I'm not dating him."

Saying that made me feel like I got stabbed in the chest.

"I hate to sound like a creeper but I saw pictures of you kissing him."

"I know. We're not together anymore."

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I hesitated. I did feel like talking about it. I was just nervous since this was someone I'd realized I couldn't trust before.

"Well, uh, he...kissed another girl."

"Oh. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think he's an idiot for doing that."

"Dylan, you did the same thing to me last year."

"I know, and it was a mistake."

Here we go. This is exactly what I didn't want to hear from him.

"Look, Mick," he continued. "I messed up."

"Dylan, I don't want to hear it. We had the exact same talk last year.
I don't want to get back together with you. I just can't."

"Why not?" he asked.

"I...I just can't trust you."

"Yes, you can. Just please give me another chance."

"I can't do that. I've moved on. It's your turn to do the same."

"Please, Mick."

"I don't feel that way about you anymore. I-"

His lips were locked on mine in a split second. I pushed him off of me and smacked him across the face.

"Don't EVER do that again!" I yelled. The door burst open just as
Dylan was coming towards me again. I turned to see Ross standing there. Dylan grabbed my arms and pulled me back against him. I felt him breathing on the back of my neck.

"Is it because of HIM!? Huh?!" he shouted in my ear, referring to Ross.

"Let her go!" Ross said. Dylan just laughed.

"Make me, blondie."

Ross' face turned red with anger and he made his way closer to us. He swung his arm, punching Dylan right in the face. His grip on me loosened as he fell to the floor. I looked down at him and he seemed to be knocked out. I grabbed my cell phone and called the cops.

Ross came closer to me, pulling me in for a hug. I put my hands on his shoulders and gently pushed him away.

"No," was all I could say.

"Mick, I-"

"I know what you did, Ross. And how you feel. Just forget it, okay?"

"Mickey, I'm sorry."

"I don't want an apology."

"Why? You deserve one."

The cops arrived, interrupting our conversation. They took Dylan into custody, which made me a hell of a lot less nervous. Once they left, Ross came close to me again.

"Look, Ross. I don't want you to date me if you like someone else."

"How did you-"

"Rydel called me during your conversation. I heard every word."

"Oh, Mick. I didn't mean-"

"If you like her, date her. I'm not stopping you."

"But I love YOU."

"That's not what you said earlier."

"I was confused. She kissed me and it made me feel weird. I thought I liked it, but I know now that I didn't. I was going through thoughts and I realized the weird feeling I had was that your kiss was better than hers, and that you're the one I love."

"Then why did you kiss her back?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from raising but it did a little anyway.

"It took me by surprise. I really didn't know what else to do. I couldn't react fast enough. I know it sounds weird, but I promise you that I didn't mean for it to appear that way. I love you, Mickey. Not AJ. She's had a crush on me for a few years but I don't have any interest in her."

"I...I just need some time to process all of this, think things through. Give me some time, please. That's all I ask."

"Okay," he answered. I could tell he understood what I wanted. "I guess I'll talk to you later, then."

He left and I just went back into my room. I put my head in my hands, wondering what the hell I was going to do. I still loved Ross, and I knew he loved me, too. I just couldn't get over what happened. I didn't know what to make of it. I layed down and fell asleep, not waking up at all the entire night.