Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 20 - Never Letting Go

Mickey's POV

A week went by and I still haven't figured things out. I didn't know what to do. I told Camille everything, but she had no idea how to help. It made me feel alone. I was clueless about what I was to tell Ross. I love him so much but I'm just unsure about what he said. I needed someone to talk to so I went to Josh's room to see if he was home. He was playing Call Of Duty. I should've known.

"Hey, Sis," he said when he heard the door open. "Finally come out of the cave?"

"Ha, ha. Very funny. I need your help."

He paused the game and looked at me.

"With?"

"Everything," I admitted.

"Well, I'm here. Tell me what's wrong."

I took a good five to ten minutes explaining what happened at Rydel's party since he didn't know yet. I'd avoided everyone in my family the entire week. Once I finished, he was just sitting there, staring at the floor in shock.

"Wow. I don't know, Mick. I know he loves you, he's told me several times when I was at his place with Riker. This all seems like a big mistake. I think you should just talk to him."

"I already did. I asked him for time to think."

"Well, that's good. It's what you needed. How long has it been?"

"A week."

"Hmm. Has he spent any more time with that AJ girl?"

"Not that I know of. Rydel hasn't been having her over."

"He's being serious, then," he said quickly.

"Huh?" I let out, confused.

"He wasn't lying when he said he loves you and not her. I just know it."

"You can tell just like that?"

"Yeah. I'm a guy, I know how they act."

"If he was unsure about his feelings, he'd be spending time with her as well as you. But he told you the truth and hasn't talked to her. He was serious, Mick."

I thought about it, trying to process everything I'd just heard. Maybe Josh was right. I don't know. I was so confused, but I decided to at least go over and talk to Ross. He deserves it since he gave me the time I wanted.

"I guess you're right. Thanks, Josh."

"Anytime, Mick. Let's just hope something like this doesn't happen again because you know I suck at giving advice."

I laughed.

"Yeah, plus I could really use a happy ending for once."

"I know, right?"

I love this kid. He made me feel so much better. We were pretty close over the course of our lives, but not this close. I liked having him there to help me when I needed it. He's never done that too much before.

. . .

I went over to Ross' house and knocked on the door. Stormie answered it, letting me in before I even said anything.

"He's in his room," she whispered. I nodded with a smile and went up the stairs. I heard voices so I stood outside his door for a minute.

"But Ross, I really like you," I heard AJ say. He had her here?!

"I know, AJ. But I love someone else."

I was listening closely now. Ross continued.

"Look. You're a great girl, but I can't be with you. Mickey was my girlfriend and I hurt her. I need to fix the huge mistake I made. I'm sorry."

My eyes widened. He really did love me. Me. Not AJ. A smile formed on my face. I guess things really weren't what I thought. I heard movement so I stepped back. The door opened and AJ stepped out, tears in her eyes. Ross was standing behind her, holding the door. I just glared at them. AJ walked around me and down the stairs. I heard the front door open and then slam shut a few seconds later. I looked up to see Ross staring at me.

"Did you hear?" he asked, his voice cracking a little. I didn't speak. I just walked up to him, grabbed his face with my hands, and kissed him. I felt him start to kiss me back after a second or two. We stayed like that for a few minutes. When I pulled away, I looked up into his shining hazel eyes and smiled.

"Does that answer your question?"

He smiled and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him, not wanting to let go.

"I'm never letting you get away. Ever again," he mumbled into my shoulder. I felt a tear run down my cheek. He looked up and saw it. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just...that means the world to me, Ross. It really does." I smiled as I said this. He leaned down and kissed me once more. I felt the electric shock zip through me. I'd never felt a feeling that strong. I could tell Ross hadn't either. That moment felt so right, so perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about it, even if I could.