Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 3 - The First Date

Ross's POV

Okay, I know I said telling Mickey so soon was a bad idea, but it just seemed like the right moment. We were alone and I just had that special feeling. But I guess it was for the best, because SHE SAID YES! I walked home with her, holding her hand. We went to my house to work on the Spanish homework we'd gotten. When we walked in the door, Rocky and Riker were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Riker looked over and saw that our hands were joined. His eyes widened and a smile formed on his face.

"Aawwhh, look at the cute new couple. I should've seen this coming."

Rocky then took his attention away from the tv and gave it to us.

"Yeah, buddy," he said. I laughed a little and looked down at Mickey. She was smiling, her cheeks flushed with a pink color. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She smiled wider and looked down.

"So, Mickey, how was your first day at a new school?" Riker asked.

"Pretty good, considering Ross showed me around all day," she answered, smiling up at me. I squeezed her hand a little tighter.

"More importantly, when are the two of you going on your first date?" Rocky asked, wanting to stay on the subject of us being a couple. I looked at Mickey. She smiled and shrugged.

"We haven't decided yet," I said.

We sat down with them and began watching tv. When Mick got up and went to the bathroom, Riker leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"Take her ice skating."

I smiled and nodded.

The next day, school went by a little slower, but I didn't care. That mean't I would have more time with Mickey. I was planning to surprise her that night with Riker's ice skating idea. We walked home like the day before, but my mom made BLTs for us instead of us stopping at In-N-Out. We worked on our homework for a few hours, stopping every now and then to talk about something other than Algebra. Soon it was 7:30, which was about the time to leave for the rink.

"C'mon, babe," I said, taking her hand in mine and leading her downstairs.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"On our first date."

She smiled and kept walking next to me. Riker was waiting to drive us, since neither of us had our license yet. We sat in the back seat together, Riker asking us questions every now and then. When we got to the rink and Mickey saw the title sign, she smiled and took my hand.

"Ross, ice skating? Really?"

"You don't want to?"

"It's not that, it's just that I'm not very coordinated with skates...or ice."

I laughed.

"It's alright, I won't let you fall."

She smiled and squeezed my hand. We went inside to pay and get our skates. The zamboni was still on the ice so we had to wait a few minutes. When we finally got on the ice, Mickey held onto the wall. I skated up to her and extended my arm.

"Take my hand. I've got you, I promise."

She smiled in embarrasment and grabbed my hand. She lost her balance a little, grabbing my other hand as well. I skated backwards, pulling her with me.

"How are you so good at this?" she asked, laughing a little.

"I play hockey," I answered, flashing a smile. She giggled.

"Not fair!"

"Well, put it this way. If I didn't we'd be dead right now."

She laughed and moved closer to me. I pulled her in for a hug. A random dude skated really fast within two inches of us, catching her off guard. She began wobbling, about to fall. I wrapped my arms around her waist and caught her. She smiled and slowly slid her arms around my neck. The space between us slowly decreased and before I knew it, I was kissing her. My heart jumped inside my chest. I knew she felt the same thing because I could feel her smiling against my lips. I saw that beautiful smile after we pulled apart.

We skated to the doorway and went to get food. I bought a large pretzel and we split it along with a Coke. We told each other about our lives. She told me a lot about her hometown and her old friends. She got a sad look on her face after that. I took her hand.

"I know it's hard, Mick. Just know that I'm here for you. Forever and always."

"Thank you so much, Ross. That means the world to me."

I smiled and hugged her tightly. When we got up to leave, we handed our skates to the guy at the counter and went outside. Riker was parked a few yards away, so we jumped in the car and went home.

I walked Mickey to her door, lifting her off the ground into a big hug and spinning her around. She giggled in amusement. When I put her down, she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Thank you, Ross. I had fun."

"You're welcome. And me, too."

"Goodnight," she said, beginning to open her door, but I grabbed her hand. She stopped and smiled at me.

"Do you still want to hear R5?"

"Of course!" she shouted, jumping up and down a little.

"Alrighty then. How 'bout tomorrow after school?"

"Perfect," she said, grinning and putting her hands in mine.

"It's a date then."

"If it's anything like what tonight was, then it'll be a blast," she added, giggling.

I smiled and pulled her close. She rested her head against my chest as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Goodnight, Ross," she said, pulling away with a smile. I leaned down and kissed her lips gently.

"Goodnight, Mickey."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry, i know this chapter is short, but i felt it needed to be in here. hope you guys like (: comments please! ;D