Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 4 - Can't Get Enough Of You

Mickey's POV

My date with Ross last night was amazing! Even though ice skating was an epic fail for me, I still had a great time with him. He was so sweet, unlike the guys back in Hollidaysburg. They either made fun of me or treated me like crap. It was nice to be around someone completely different than that.

This was the day that I got to hear R5 for the first time. I had to go to school first, which really didn't bother me because I was with Ross, but it was dragging on and on. My excitement slowed the day down. We played volleyball in gym class again. Me and Ross's team was in first place in the little tournament that Mrs. Baker planned. We still had one more game to play tomorrow. When Ross and I walked home, we saw that Ry, Rocky, and Ratliff had gotten home before us.

"How did you guys get here so fast?" Ross asked.

"There's this new thing called a car," Rocky answered, patting his shoulder.

"What?! No fair! You said that we didn't have a ride!"

"Well, Ratliff did. And I didn't feel like looking for you two. Besides, you had some fun time alone, right?" he said, winking. I giggled and looked down. Ross looked like he was about to kill someone, but then blushed and smiled.

"Maybe."

We all laughed.

"Alrighty, let's go slappada instruments," Riker said, heading for the basement door. Rocky, Ryland, and Ratliff followed him. Ross grabbed my hand and went right behind them, pulling me along. Rydel was already down there playing around on her keyboard.

"Hey, guys," she said. "You ready?"

"Yep," they all said together. Ry and I sat on the little couch they had in there. The rest of them grabbed their instruments.

"This is a song Ross came up with right after meeting you, Mick," Riker said. They started playing and I got eager to hear him sing. I could see him blushing from Riker's words as he looked at me with that gorgeous smile of his. There was a pretty long intro, and then his beautiful voice filled my ears.

"You knock me off of my feet, can hardly breathe. When you're around me I feel the heat. You steam up the mirrors, and make me shift gears. And sometimes I can't think all that clear," he sang while playing his guitar. Riker and Rocky were rocking out with theirs as well. I smiled, admiring how much fun they were having as a family, doing what they love. Then, the chorus came. It immediately caught my attention. "You hypnotize me. You mesmerize me. Way-o, way-o, way over my head and I don't know what to do, 'cause I can't get enough of you." I smiled. They played the rest of the song while Ryland and I started jamming and laughing. At the end, they all came over to me.

"What do you think?" Ratliff asked.

"That song is amazing!" I basically screamed, jumping up and down in excitement. Ross made his way closer to me.

"As Riker implied earlier, I wrote it about you," he said. I smiled and blushed. He pulled me in for a hug. "Every word of it is true. I can't get enough of you. You're just too amazing."

I held back happy tears.

"Ross! Stop! I'm gonna cry!" I told him. Everyone laughed as he spun me around and kissed me. I giggled, a few tears of joy running down my face. He wiped them away with his thumb, flashing that gorgeous smile I loved so much. "And you wrote it before you even really knew me?"

"Yeah. I've liked you ever since I first layed eyes on you."

I heard a few 'aawwhhs' from his siblings.

"Ross and Mickey sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Rocky teased. Riker and Ryland cracked up laughing.

"You know, I honestly thought you would've said something like that sooner," Ross said.

After the family band played a few more of their songs, we went upstairs to have their parents surprise us with spaghetti. Everyone ate, laughing at jokes that Rocky was telling. When we finished, Ross and I went over to my house. I was over at his place every time so I figured it was time to mix it up a little bit. The only part I was worried about was my parents. They were so embarrasing. I tried to walk in the door quietly, but my mom heard it open and came running over.

"Hey, Mick! Did you do your- Oh. Who's this?"

"Mom, calm yourself, please. You're a little too excited today... or every day. Anyway, this is Ross, one of the neighbors."

"Nice to meet you, Ross," she said with a smile.

"He's also sorta, kinda, my...boyfriend," I admitted, waiting for her to start freaking out, which is exactly what happened.

"What?! Really?! Aawwhh!"

"Mom, what did I just say?" I asked, giving her 'the look'.

She slouched and gave me the frownie face.

"Calm yourself," she answered.

"Right."

She walked off into the kitchen, still slouching. Ross laughed a little as we went up into my room. We decided to watch a movie.

"You pick," I told him.

"Nah, this is your house. You pick."

"Ross, as you may have seen with my mom earlier, it's pointless to argue with me," I said with a big smile. He laughed and took my hand.

"Alright. I'll pick one. On one condition."

"And what would this condition be?" I asked, smiling. This ought to be good. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Kiss me."

My smile grew wider as I leaned in. Our lips met, and I don't know why, but I felt more sparks than any of the other times. This was just one of those kisses that felt amazing without there being a reason. I pulled away, blushing and grinning ear to ear. He held my hands in his, facing me with that smile that makes your heart melt.

He sighed and pulled me over to the stack of movies.

"Okay, let's watch Insidious," he said, after looking through them all.

"Oh, crap. That's a scary movie."

"Yeah, but Ross has you, baby," he joked, extending his arms and doing one of those adorable shoulder shimmies. I walked into his arms with a laugh. He hugged me and then grabbed the movie and put it in the DVD player. We sat on my bed and cuddled. Every now and then a scary part would come on, making me jump. My heart raced when I felt his grip around me tighten. I looked up to see him smiling at me. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, making me blush.

After the movie, Ross went home. Of course, my mother bugged me about him for a good half hour, asking me how we began and all of those things. She finally shut her mouth when I locked myself in my room to go to sleep. I sent Ross a goodnight text and dosed off, thinking about how amazing the last couple of days have been.
♠ ♠ ♠
how is it so far? comments please!! just in case yall were wondering, here's the song that was in this chapter (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjaQvzWOJU