Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 6 - Mending Hearts

Mickey's POV

"WHAT?! ROSS LYNCH?!" Camille shouted.

"Yeah. Wait, how do you know him?"

"Mickey! Are you stupid? He's from a tv show! Austin & Ally!"

My eyes widened. That couldn't be possible.

"What? No he isn't."

"Yes. He is. Do you want me to send you a video?"

"No, I'm good," I said, shifting. Did that have something to do with what he wasn't telling me? I was so confused. What was so bad about the fact that he was an actor?

"Mickey, you just broke up with ROSS LYNCH," Camille said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Thanks, Camille. I'm aware of that."

She laughed.

"Sorry. I just can't believe it's actually him."

"Well, it is. And I don't understand why telling me that was such a bad thing."

"Then go talk to him."

"Yeah, I guess that's for the best."

"Alrighty then," she said awkwardly. "I guess I'll talk to you later?"

"Absolutely. I need to tell you what happens."

"Kay. Call me."

"Alright, Camoley. And thanks. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even known about this."

"What are idiotic friends for?" she asked, making me laugh.

"Bye."

I hung up, and sat there thinking for a moment. Was this really what was going on? Ross was an actor? I needed to clear my head for a little bit. I went downstairs and put on my shoes. When I walked out the door, Ross was sitting on my doorstep.

"Hey," he said, getting up and facing me. "I was trying the come up with a way to explain all of this to-"

"Why didn't you tell me that you were on a tv show?"

His face expression turned to confusion.

"Wait, you know?"

"Yes, Ross. I know about Austin & Ally."

"How did you find out?"

"That's not important right now. What's important is why didn't you tell me?"

He sighed and put his hand on my shoulder, sitting me down on the steps.

"At first, it was because you were the only person who didn't know who I was. I'm tired of talking to girls who only know me for the face they see on tv. You are different than they are, Mickey. You see me for who I really am, and I love that about you. I didn't want to lose that."

"Ross, I will always see you for who you are. Me knowing about the show wouldn't have changed anything. I love you for you, not your fame."

"I know that now. And, there's another reason," he responded.

"What is it?"

"Well, now that I am well-known, my parents are worried about publicity. They didn't want people following us home from set, which is bound to happen at some point. They told me to keep my role a secret from you, because they thought there was a possibility of it getting out if you knew. That's the main reason."

"Ross, I would NEVER do that to you. Believe me, in my house, I know how important privacy is," I said, laughing a little. He did the same.

"I know. I wanted to tell you so badly. You are right about honesty in a relationship. It's not that I don't trust you, because I do. Like I said, I was sworn to secrecy. Bad things could've happened if I told you."

"I understand that now. But since I know, what are we going to tell your parents?"

"Hmm. That's a good question."

"I need them to know that I won't do what they think I will."

"Yeah, I know."

"Look, Ross. Don't worry about it. I'll explain everything exactly how it happened."
I got up to go to his house, but he stopped me.

"Wait."

"What?"

"Does this mean you're mine again?" he said, smiling. I laughed and walked into his arms.

"Yes. I guess it does."

He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back with one-hundred percent happiness. Everything was a big misunderstanding and it felt good to be together again, even though we were only apart for an hour. He grabbed my hand and we went over to his house to fix this big mess.

"I need you both to know that I would never do what you thought I would," I said to his parents, who were seated at the kitchen table. I'd already explained to them how I found out.

"That means a lot to us, honey," Stormie said. "But there's more to it. What if the publicity finds out about you two?"

"So what if they do?" Ross jumped in. "I love her, and I'm not going to hide that."

"Son, do you realize that you could lose all of your privacy?" Mark, his dad, asked.

"Yes, I do, Dad, but I don't care. I shouldn't have to hide her from the rest of the world. She doesn't deserve that."

"You obviously care about her a lot, then," he said.

"Of course. She isn't like all of the other girls. She sees me for me, and not a famous actor or rockstar. She knows I'm a normal person. That's why she would never put us through something like that on purpose."

He looked at me, a small smile on his face.

"I wouldn't. Ever."

"Well, now that this misunderstanding is fixed, I want the two of you to be careful," Stormie said. "You've only known each other for a week. Don't rush things and be alert when you're not here. At least try to keep a little privacy."

"We can do that," I said, smiling.

"Thank you," she said. "And Mickey, I'm sorry for believing what I did. I judged you and it was wrong."

"Yeah, me, too," Mark added.

"It's alright. I understand what you were going through."

"That went well," Ross said as we stood outside my door. I smiled.

"Yeah, better than I thought it would."

"Mick, I'm sorry. For everything," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Ross, don't worry about it. None of this was your fault. You had no choice."

"Thank you for understanding." He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"I can understand people. It's the jumping to conclusions part I need to work on," I said, smiling. He laughed.

"See you in school tomorrow?"

"Yep. Another Tuesday. Uugghh."

"This week will go by fast, trust me."

I pulled him in for one more kiss, said goodbye, and went inside. Today was a pretty crazy day. I went inside to call Camille and explain to her what happened. All I could think about after that was a good night sleep and to start a brand new GOOD day tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
hhmm. opinions?