Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 7 - I Love You So Much

Mickey's POV

I got up in the morning and got ready for school. I couldn't really focus, though, because I was still thinking about the phonecall with Camille from the night before, after everything happened.

"So, everything's fine?" Camille asked.

"Yeah."

"So fast?"

"Yes, Camille," I said, laughing a little.

"Sorry, I just honestly thought something that serious would take longer to fix."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. But I'm just glad I know about the show and that his parents understand."

"Definitely. But, uh, Mickey?"

"What?"

"He's famous. Fame means Paparazzi."

"Ross said he doesn't care if they find out about us. And I don't either."

"But what if they screw things up for you?"

That was the voice I kept hearing in my head. She had a point. They could put us all over magazines and post fake information. Honestly, there was lots of stuff they could've done. I'm not going to lie, I was worried, but at the same time, I wasn't. I felt like I had to talk to Ross about it. When I went outside to walk to school with him, I took his hand and stood in front of him.

"I need to talk to you."

"Of course, Mick. What is it?"

"I need you to understand something. I...I know that we don't care if the paparazzi catch us, but I'm just a little worried about what could happen if they do."

"I understand. I thought the same thing."

"They could start rumors and follow us everywhere."

"I know. But I don't want to hide you from the world. You don't deserve that." He pulled me in for a hug. I leaned my head against his chest and smiled. He always knew exactly what to say.

"Thank you, Ross."

"Mick, you don't need to thank me. I'm just treating you how you should be treated."

"I know, but back east, I never really knew what that felt like."

"What do you mean?" he asked, taking my hand.

Oh no. I didn't want to tell the story, let alone think about it, but I guess he deserved to know. I sighed and looked up into his gorgeous hazel eyes.

"I had a boyfriend shortly before I moved here, Dylan, but things happened. He's the only thing I was excited about leaving behind," I explained. Ross's eyes widened, showing that he knew this wasn't going to be a good story. "Basically, he was controlling and a complete jerk. I still don't understand why I was even with him. It was one of those relationships where you love and hate the person at the same time." Ross nodded in understanding. "One day, I was walking into school and was about to meet him at his locker like I did every day. When I walked around the corner, I saw him kissing this girl that my friends, and, not gonna lie, me, would consider a slut. I honestly thought my love life would suck beyond description after that," I smiled up at him and continued. "But I was wrong."

Ross looked down at me, his eyes glistening. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a hug.

"Well, I would NEVER do that. And, if it makes you feel any better, I think that Dylan is a complete idiot. He took the most amazing girl on this planet for granted."

I hugged him tighter, a tear of joy going down my face.

"You know what's worse?" he asked. I gave him the confused face expression. "He didn't even realize what he was losing."

I looked into his eyes. My tears changed from joy to sadness. He pulled me in for another hug.

"Shh," he said, trying to calm me down. "It's okay, I know it hurts. But sometimes you have to cry. It's a good thing."

I glanced up at him and smiled, wiping tears away.

"I know," I said, pausing for a few seconds. "Ross, I love you so much."

He put his arms around my waist.

"I love you, too, Mick."

We kept walking and soon arrived at school. Little did I know that it would turn out to be one of the worst days of my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm. i know this is a short one, but i felt like it was a missing puzzle piece (; thoughts?