Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 8 - How Could You Do This To Me?

Mickey's POV

I went into school with Ross and talked to Sarah again. We were becoming pretty close. She was one of the nicest people I'd ever met. The three of us talked before homeroom and then went to where we were supposed to.

By the way, you know your boyfriend loves you when you already know how to get to your classes but he still walks you to them. I smiled at that. He was just too sweet.

"Ross, I love how you still take me to my classes."

He laughed.

"Well, I like being with you."

"I wasn't complaining," I said with a wink.

"I know," he said, smiling. It was time to head to lunch so he went off to his locker and I went to mine. Things felt more in place since the fame thing was taken care of. I was happy. I knew that Ross and I could be together without anything stopping us.

I got in my locker, grabbed a textbook, and went towards the cafeteria. When I rounded the corner, I stopped in my tracks. I saw something that horrified me. My Ross. And Sarah. Kissing. The mental images of what happened with Dylan flooded my mind. Tears started running down my face. I let out a short but loud sob. Ross jumped and moved away from Sarah, looking at me. Once he realized what was going on, he came towards me.

"Mickey. I-"

"How could you do this to me? How?!" I sort of screamed at him. Thank the Lord that the halls were already empty. "After everything that happened, everything you told me! You said you loved me!"

"I do, Mick!"

"No. You don't. Or else you wouldn't have done this, Ross. This is exactly like what happened with Dylan. Did you do this on purpose just to hurt me?!"

"No! I would never do that!"

"Then, why did you do it?"

He opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted him.

"You know what? Forget it. I'm done busting my butt to be with you."

I stormed off to lunch and sat by myself, crying. I knew it was too good to be true. I knew that having a guy that treated me that right couldn't be real. I felt fooled, destroyed. I should never have told him that story..

I made sure I left school as quickly as possible so I could walk home alone. My life was honestly a joke. I still couldn't believe what happened. My phone went off a few times, all texts from Ross.

'Where are you?'

'Mick, it's not what you think.'

'Let me explain.'

Psh. Classic excuses, and the same ones I heard from Dylan. I can't believe I fell for it again. Camille called, again figuring out that something was wrong. I told her, of course.

"Mick, I don't know. It just doesn't seem logical," she responded.

"What do you mean?" I asked, letting out a sob.

"I may not have met Ross in person, but I know him well enough to be aware that he would never do something like that."

"Camille, I saw it with my own eyes!"

"I know, Mick. But think about it. Something big just happened yesterday for the two of you. I know what he said to his parents because you told me. From what I heard, he really cares about you. I just can't see him doing something like this."

"I'm just so confused. I need time to think."

"I would, too. I think you should just take a little time away from him to figure things out."

I smiled.

"I was thinking the same thing."

"That's why I'm lovable," she said, giggling. I laughed. She really knew how to make me feel better.

"Yep. Thanks, Camille."

"Anytime, Mick."

I got off the phone with her and went to bed. My phone lit up a few times. Ross. I decided to text him back just so I could go to sleep without guilt, even though I'm not the one who should be feeling guilty.

'I just want to be left alone for a little bit, Ross. Goodnight.'

The next morning, I awoke to my alarm and checked my phone. I had a new text message. Ross again.

'I promise you, it wasn't what it looked like.'

I shut my phone and threw it on my bed. Was this seriously happening? I mean, Camille had a point. But he still could've done it. I was just so stuck. I didn't know what to do.

I got ready for school and was about to leave when I realized that I walk with Ross. Great. I guess I'm just going to have to tell him what I'm thinking.

I walked outside and he was waiting at the mailbox, his hands behind his back. I rolled my eyes. What is he planning to do this time? I don't know if I'm ready to listen to him yet.

"Hey, Mick," he said, sounding happy and upset at the same time. He brought his hands out from behind his back, revealing three bright pink carnations. They were my favorite flowers. I almost smiled, but I caught myself and got a grip.

"Ross, flowers aren't going to fix what happened."

"Those are just to brighten up your day," he said with a smile. "I need to explain."

"I don't know if I want an explanation. Odds are, I'll end up the same way I did with Dylan. Broken-hearted."

"Mickey, don't jump to conclusions. I would NEVER hurt you on purpose. Please."

I sighed.

"I don't know about this, Ross. I need some time to think things through. We started dating the day after I came here. Don't you think we may have rushed things? I just want some space for the time being."

"I understand that, but I need you to know that I asked you out because I knew you were special. You're different than other girls. And besides, you deserve to know what really happened yesterday."

"That's just it. I deserve to know, but I don't think I want to know."

He sighed. I could tell he was getting annoyed with my stubborn attitude. I, on the other hand, was loving it.

"What will it take for you to let me explain?"

"A few days."

He looked down a little, sadness in his eyes.

"How many days?"

"Hmm," I said, thinking about how I should answer that. "Give me three days on my own, and I will listen to you."

"THREE DAYS?!"

"Yes, Ross. Three days."

"Are you trying to kill me?"

I laughed. Maybe this was a little uncalled for.

"Alright, today. Just give me some space for today and then I will let you tell me what happened."

His eyes widened and a smile formed on his face.

"I can live with that!"

I smiled.

"Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
alrighty. what do you think will happen next? (;