My Best Friend's Boy

one.

"Hey Tyler." I smiled at the boy next to me sporting a pair of black basketball shorts and a loose white tee, easy for running.

"Uh. Oh hey Ally." He replied. He was distracted by the phone in his hand and by the wrinkles on his forehead, he was quite frustrated, huffing and puffing loudly.

"So, I wanted to congratulate you doing so well on the beep test." I said, telling him what I came up to him for.

The beep test was a horrible way to test your endurance and fitness level. As an unfit person I hated it. Actually, everyone hated it. You'd run from one side of the gymnasium to another, getting there by the time of the next beep. When the next beep went you had to head back to the other side. It got faster and quicker at each level. Tyler finished second best, going neck at neck with the school's athlete, Reese, and finishing at level fifteen. If Reese hadn't beat him he would've broken the our grade's record.

"At least one person does." He muttered as he punched in letters into his phone.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

He locked his phone and shoved it into his pocket. He turned and looked at me for the first time since our conversation started. "Rebecca," Referring to his girlfriend, "doesn't think I did well."

Rebecca moved away almost a month ago. The minute she left they started dating. Rebecca was one of my best friends but I haven't been able to see her in a while ever since she moved. Sometimes we go to the mall together though.

"Are you sure? Did you tell her you got up to level fifteen?" I insisted, "Maybe you read it wrong. Girls can be very confusing at time." I gave him a smile that would hopefully cheer him up.

"I did. The first thing she said was What did Reese get?" He spat out angrily.

"Whoa." I said, grabbing onto his shoulders and holding him back, "I'm sure she just has your well being in mind." I told him. I was hoping I calmed him down and I succeeded as I watched him take a quick huff then give me a thanking smile.

"She's really been pushing me." He admitted.

"You never know, it may turn into a good thing." I patted him on the shoulder.

"You never know." He repeated with a reassuring smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope the detroit red wings fall and suck. same thing with the rangers. they're too good and the canucks need to be better. and then the predators right behind, then blackhawks (who suck right now) and then the bruins.

Okay, anyways, thanks for reading. It's gonna be a short story, but everytime I say that it turns out kinda big. Oh well, we'll see. Enjoy, comment, subscribe, thanks!