My Best Friend's Boy

two.

"Rugby!" Mr. Stuart bellowed, "We'd call it football but we don't have enough school funds to pay for padding." I watched as Mr Stuart tossed the ball around his hands and explained the game. "This will be touch rugby so no tackling!" He said, glancing around at certain boys who could easily pummel us, specifically Tyler, Reese, and a bunch of their friends.

"Hey Stuart, can we tackle guys?" Cooper, one of Reese's friends, asked.

Stuart gave him a nod then started numbering us for teams. Once he was done he split us into odds and evens. My team was mostly guys, but the entire class was mostly guys so the other team was the same thing.

I looked over to the other team to see Tyler chatting with one of his friends.

"I'm excited!" Courtney, my closest friend in the class said happily. She was very pretty and could get a guy whenever she wanted to.

The game quickly started and the guys rarely passed to any girls. Most of the girls were off to the side chatting about how they hated the game, or team, or class. It felt like me and Courtney were being based on the other girls and our chances of getting the ball were quickly lowering.

Tyler looked around the field, trying to find a teammate. I took the opportunity and called his name out.

"Tyler!" He glanced my way, smiled, then threw the ball.

I grinned as I caught the ball and ran the other way. I could hear him quickly curse as he was hot on my trail behind me. The rest of his team was too far back to do anything.

"Go Ally!" I could hear Courtney yell.

I quickened my pace, so close to the edge of the field.

"I don't care what you say, I'm tackling her!" I heard Tyler yell behind us to Stuart.

I let out a little yelp as he gained speed. He quickly wrapped an arm around my torso and pull me back. I ended up sitting on top of him.

"Ah! You idiot! I was so close!" I groaned as I rolled off of him.

"Not close enough." He smirked as he got up with his hands behind him.

"Ally! Are you alright?" Stuart asked as he jogged our way.

"I didn't get a touchdown, so no it's not okay!" I yelled.

"There are no touchdowns in rugby." Tyler's smirk grew.

"Ugh! Shut up! Let's just keep playing!" I groaned as I got up and shoved the ball into Mr. Stuart's chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
thaaanks for reading guys. please comment cause it will make me feel so much more confident about this story :D