My Best Friend's Boy

four.

I avoided Tyler all day. I hid whenever I saw him during lunch and I stuck by or behind Courtney during PE the entire time. When he came up to us I quickly excused myself and went to the bathroom or took a drink at the water fountain.

I slugged my bag over my shoulder, ready to head home. It was a tiring day of avoiding Tyler. I knew he wanted to talk but I saw that as the worst thing to do.

"Hey, Ally, did you hear that Tyler and Rebecca aren't dating anymore? Apparently Tyler broke up with Rebecca cause she was crazy about Reese." Courtney said.

"Rebecca and Reese? Does Reese know?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. He doesn't want anything to do with her. I feel kind of bad." Courtney replied.

"Yeah.. me too." I mumbled halfheartedly.

I had a feeling that it wasn't the only reason as to why they weren't dating anymore. Either Rebecca found out and broke up with him but he told people that he ended it or he really did break up with her, maybe because of me. I could feel the guilt stirring in my stomach.

I said bye to Courtney and started my path home. It was the only thing I wanted to do. I wanted to wallow in my sadness and guilt. Even if I never told Tyler to break up with her it was all my fault.

I turned the corner to see Tyler walking the opposite way.

"Ally!" He called.

I knew it would make me look stupid if I just turned around and left so I attempted walking right past him without a word.

"Ally!" He repeated as he grabbed my wrist, "I broke up with Rebecca."

"I know."

"So now you don't have to worry." He said with a naïve smile.

"Don't worry?" I exclaimed, "Do you have any idea how guilty I feel! It's all my fault! I'm the reason you're not with Rebecca! She's my friend!"

"It's not your fault," He told me as he caressed my cheek, "I was going to break up with her anyways." He whispered and let himself lean in.

"She's gonna hate me." I murmured.

"Then let her hate." He smirked against my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
please give me some feedback guys. There's a few subscribers and I absolutely hate silent readers. If you're not gonna give feedback don't follow along.

I'm sure other writers agree with me