My Best Friend's Boy

five.

"Tyler's a jerk." Courtney told Rebecca while we sifted through our menus.

"The guys say he's always busy. I bet he already has another chick. Such a slut." Rebecca spat back.

I felt out of place but I couldn't refuse Rebecca's request to have lunch. She even invited Courtney. The second we saw her she started sobbing. She went from all tears to all insults. Specifically towards Tyler and me, she just didn't know it.

"I think I'm gonna get the pesto.." I said awkwardly.

"Ally, have you seen Tyler around with anyone?" Rebecca asked. You could tell she was distressed.

"Um, no." I lied.

"God. Do me a favour and watch him closely for me. I bet he's got a girl from another school or something. Maybe an online girlfriend." She groaned.

"Um, so what're you guys getting?" I asked as I tried to change the subject.

Thankfully Courtney went along with it, "I just want a salad. I ate a late breakfast."

After we ordered, ate, and Courtney and Rebecca badmouthed me, Courtney had to head out so she bid us goodbye and was on her way. I had plans with Tyler later but he understood my situation and I told him I would call him if I still had time. Unfortunately Rebecca decided the latter for me.

"Let's walk around." She insisted.

We sauntered around the busy streets and stopped at a few shops and stores. We had just finished paying and started heading to Rebecca's car.

"Do you know anyone that Tyler might even give second glances?" Rebecca whispered.

"Rebecca, can I tell you some-"

"It's fine if there's someone. I just wanna know."

"Can I just-"

"I just wish he wouldn't keep it from me." She mumbled on.

"Rebecca! This is important! I have to tell you something!" I yelled in her face. People around us were looking our way.

"I'm sorry." She said with a sad smile. I couldn't help but return it.

"There is a girl Tyler is seeing." I confessed. She was about to speak but with the look on my face she went silent and her face turned horrified as she guessed my next words, "It's me."

"You bitch!" She screamed and pushed my back and made me fall on my ass, "If I really was your friend you would never do that to me! I hate you!"

I refused to cry but I knew my eyes were tearing up with every second passing.

"Fuck you." She spat. I watched as her heels clicked onto her cement.

Once her heels were out of view I dialed Tyler number and asked him to pick me up. It was silent in the car except for my sobbing. Somewhere on the way home he parked at an empty lot.

"Come here." He said with his arms wide open.

I look up his offer and hopped over the gear stick of his car to sit on his lap. We sat there for hours while he rubbed my back and calmed me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay imma do my hw now. LOL.