One Little Memory.

One Little Memory

One Little Memory.

It was a cold, dull, and gloomy day. This was pretty odd since it was Valentine's Day. I was eight years of age, and I was with my homeschool group at this church gathering. There was at least seventy people here, and I only knew about fourteen of them. 

From what I remember, we made paper bags to put our Valentine's cards in, and after that, we ate lunch. Soon after all that, some of the people went outside, or they were either already outside.     
Most of the people outside were boys ages ten to twelve. 

I didn't like these boys at all. They were cruel, and trouble makers. They made you feel like a reject, and turned people against you. If I ever got in a fight with them, I would of probably risked my life. If only I knew that then.

I'm not saying that I actually got in a fight with them, but some of the things they said are the type of things that would hurt an eight year old, and not people their age. It's just that I was young then, I was very protected by my parents. I was even home schooled and didn't really know how to handle this small situation.

They were on the other side of the property, chasing people with branches, and getting in fights. They hurt one of my friends physically, so I tried to defend her. We all got in quite a argument, but I can only remember the little parts.

After my friend finally got out of it, I looked at them in disgust, and shook my head.

"You're all stupid idiots," I whispered.

"Look who's talking," one of them said.

"And you're in hillbilly hell, sweetheart," the oldest one replied with a smile. 

I hated that day, not only was the whole day depressing and horrible anyways, but I also had to deal with punks. However, I got over it the next.
♠ ♠ ♠
A drabble.