Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 13

Portland was amazing. I think this show was the best of the whole mini-tour. The girls sang wit every song played and even laughed at John’s jokes. What the hell. I could tell that the guys weren’t expecting something as good as this.
After the show, we went outside, so the girls could meet the boys, bla bla bla. I widened my eyes when I saw all the people waiting for us. Not even the LA show was crowded as this.
“Who are they? The girls, I mean” I looked up at the voice. A redhead near us asked her friend.
“ooooooh, the girlfriends!” The other girl said. Lauren, Tessa and I were squashed between the bus’ doors, watching the crowd trying to talk to the boys.
“See, the blonde one, blue eyes is Lauren, Pat’s girlfriend. The other blonde is Tessa, Jared’s girlfriend. The other one, brown hair and green eyes, is Leigh, Pat’s and Tim’s sister.”
“She looks like Tim” The redhead said. I smiled at her and she smiled back.
“I don’t see Gabi” The other girl said frustrated.
“Who?”
“Gabi Hawkins, Kennedy’s girlfriend.”
“I remember her. I don’t see Garrett’s girlfriend either.”
“People are saying they broke up. She’s not here, so I guess it’s true…”
I rolled my eyes. His girlfriend is right here, I wish I could say. Things weren’t this easy; I knew the fans would freak out if we say all of sudden we are dating.
I searched through the crowd for something to distract me. A smile spread across my face when I laid my eyes on a girl holding a funny object.
“Hey blondie” I called. Half of the girls looked at me. Ops. I smiled at the right one. She walked over us, a shy look on her face.
“Can you borrow me this?” I pointed at the object in her hand. She handed me the toy with confusion.
“Where’s Jared?” I asked Tessa, who was standing behind me. She looked across the parking lot and pointed to Jared, who was talking to a pink-haired girl.
“Jared!” I called. He looked up at the sound of his name and I motioned for him to come. The girl hugged him and he started walking back to us. I pursed my lips and looked across the crowd, looking for Garrett.
“Garrett!”
He looked up. John was talking to him and a girl.
“Come here!”
He said something to John and walked towards us.
“What’s up?”
“So, this amazing girl… What’s your name, honey?” I looked at the girl.
“Emily” she said, her eyes shining.
“So, Emily brought this amazing thing. And now, I have a challenge for you guys.”
Garrett and Jared looked down at the girl. She held the Bop It up. Jared chuckled.
“Challenge accepted.”
“I dunno…” Gare said in doubt, scratching the back of his neck.
“Don’t be a fucking coward, Garrett!”
Emily laughed and Garrett raised an eyebrow.
“I play, you play.”
“Alright” I shrugged.
Emily started playing, followed by Jared.

I shrieked and laughed, clapping my hands. We spent the last almost ten minutes playing Bop It.
“You lost it!” I shouted at Garrett. Emily, Jared and the girls laughed.
“You know I suck” Garrett shrugged.
“Yeah, why do you think I called you here?”
Emily laughed. She turned to her mom – I guess.
“Did you record it?”
The woman nodded.
“Great, now we can see Garrett being defeated online!”
Garrett punched Jared’s shoulder playfully. Tim appeared behind them.
“We’re leaving guys, say goodbye.”
“That was really amazing. You’re really nice, Leigh” Emily smiled.
“Glad you like it.”
“Can I take a picture with you girls” she pointed at us, “after, with you guys?”
Tessa and Lauren exchanged looks.
“It’s not like they don’t know you” I rolled my eyes “Of course you can.”
I knew the guys wanted to keep their private lives safe, but the fans always discover things.
Emily stood between Tessa and me while her mother took a picture and after us, Garrett and Jared.
“Thanks guys, it was awesome” Emily said, hugging us.
“You’re welcome” Jared patted her shoulder. She waved goodbye and left.
“I made someone happy today. I am happy.”
“I still can’t play Bop It. I’m not happy” Garrett sighed playfully.

The next day, Max took us to meet the city. We went shopping and took some nice pictures. I was really enjoying Portland. At lunch the guys decided to record a video, not exactly an video update.
“We’re here at Subway, eating lunch” Pat turned the camera towards us. John waved.
“Is your sandwich delicious, Jared?” Pat asked. I was paying attention on them, so Garrett took a bite of my sandwich.
“Garrett, stop stealing my food!”
“And there’s Amanda Leigh and Garrett. And Leigh’s sandwich.”
“But it’s so good” Garrett said, taking another bite.
“Okay, then I’ll just steal your soda.”
I took a sip of his coke. He took another bite of my sandwich and I took another sip. We both laughed.
“Tell us about your sandwich, Pat. How is it?” Kenny asked.
“Good” Pat turned the camera to himself “I like cheese.”
“I love cheese” Garrett said.
“That’s why you stole my food” I pouted and they laughed at me.

We recorded a few more films while walking around the city. Gare said he would edit it and upload on their youtube channel. Next morning, we headed to Seattle – our last stop. This tour has been amazing. If I have the opportunity, I want to tour with The Maine again.
We stood in the backstage of the last show. Each girl had a huge smile on their faces, the same as the guys. The band was all the boys could ask for, it was their lives. I knew that each one of them was satisfied with their jobs. All what they wanted was making her fans happy.

“Her voice is a sweet sound
All clothes lay on the ground”

Garrett winked at me. I heard Max laugh and I rolled my eyes. They played I Must Be Dreaming and finished by playing Into Your Arms. After the show, we waited patiently in the parking lot for the fans. We still had one more hour until get back to the hotel. Tomorrow we would pack things and, finally, leave.
“What are you doing here?” a brunette asked.
“Touring with the band” my voice suggested confusion.
“No” she rolled her eyes “why are you here?”
“My brothers and my friends asked me to come” I shrugged.
“But, why you? Like, I know that Kenny has a sister. And John has brothers, too. They aren’t here, then, why do you have to be?”
I felt my forehead crease.
“I still don’t get why you’re so bothered.”
“I’m not bothered. I just think you’re too close to them.”
“For God’s sake, Pat Kirch is my brother. Garrett Nickelsen is my best friend, what did you expect?”
“Ouch” Max said.
“I saw Garrett” She said in a low voice. I cocked an eyebrow.
The girl narrowed her eyes and opened her mouth to speak, but just rolled her eyes and walked away. I huffed.
“The girl acts like a bitch, then decides to run away?”
Max and Tessa laughed.

So, we had fun. A lot of fun. We visited amazing cities where I had never been. Unexpected things happened. Touring with The Maine was the best experience ever. Now we’re going home, back to the normal. We still had one more day on the road, and I want it to be as fun as possible.
We left the hotel at 10, and we still had one day ahead on our way back to Arizona. I fell asleep… Somewhere between Washington and Oregon, I guess. I laid on Pat’s bunk with him – after he insisted of having a “moment with his baby sister”, and we fell asleep.

Something tickled my nose and I snatched it away. It tickled my nose again and I sneezed. John, Jared and Kennedy laughed.
“She’ll get mad” Garrett warned.
I opened my eyes to see John tickling my nose with a feather.
“Fuck off, O’Callaghan!”
“Told ya” Garrett mumbled.
“Easy, girl” John lifted his hands in a sign of peace.
“You know I hate it when someone wakes me up.”
“You don’t get made when it’s Garrett.”
“That’s different.”
“I’m sorry!” John whined. Pat turned by my side and sighed, completely asleep. I frowned.
“Come here babe” Garrett called softly. I got up and walked to his bunk. He opened his arms and I laid on his side. I closed my eyes, satisfied for being there.

I opened my eyes and looked up. Garrett smiled at me.
“Hey love” I whispered and stretched a little.
“Is she awake?” Kenny asked.
“Yes” Garrett answered.
Kenny appeared and sat on the bed.
“Revenge?”
“Revenge” I smirked.
Garrett sighed as Kennedy and I walked to the front of the bus. So, Kenny and I are like… Crime partners. We always come with the best pranks. We’re awesome.
“Where’s he?”
“Sleeping.”
“The son of a bitch can sleep, but I can’t right?” I huffed. Kennedy chuckled.
I looked around, searching for ideas. Jared was holding a bottle of water. I pointed at him with my chin.
“Can you get one of that?”
“Sure.”
Kennedy opened the cabinet and grabbed a bottle.
“What are you gonna do?”
“This” I smirked.
We walked back to the bunks and I climbed onto John’s bed. Being extra carefully, I poured the water over John’s mattress and pants. Kenny laughed, approving my idea.
“Now, we’ll just have to wait.”