Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 14

“Uh… Guys, I need a towel.”
Kennedy and I exchanged a look, we were both covering our mouths to keep us from laughing.
“What did you do?” Garrett asked me. I shook my head.
“Why do you need it, O’Callaghan?” Tessa asked.
“Something… never mind.”
I jumped from the kitchen counter and walked to the back.
“What happened? Why… OH MY GOSH, BABY JOHN PEED ON HIMSELF!”
They ran to the back. John was like… red. Really red. Like a tomato. Kenny and I cracked up.
“Don’t laugh. It’s was an accident!”
“No, it wasn’t.”
“That’s called karma. You ruined someone’s day. Now you’re paying for that” I shrugged.
“Ruined someone’s day?” Garrett asked skeptical as the same time John yelled “You!”
“I poured water on you, no big deal!” I hid behind Garrett and Kenny. John snorted.
“Hand me the Baby Girl” He said in a threatening voice.
“Do not touch my Baby Girl” Garrett replied in the same tone.
“You can’t call her Baby Girl” Jared interfered “She’s our Baby Girl. You call her Mandy Moore or Leighbear…”
Garrett chuckled.
“Do not touch my girl.”
“Come on Garrett, I know you’re thinking the same as me” John teased. Garrett looked at the counter, and then smirked at me.
“Kenny… Ken, help me.”
“How?” He whispered.
Garrett and john grasped my arms and laid me on the counter. They started to tickle me, both on each side. I tried to yell between the laughs, but they just tickled me more.
“Oh my” I breathed “I think I peed on myself.”
“What?” They asked at the same time.
I took the opportunity and grabbed Garrett’s face in my hands. I kissed him, knowing that he couldn’t resist it.
“She was lying! No Garrett, stay strong!” John shouted.
Garrett’s control slowly slipped away. His hands stopped on my waist and he sat me back on the counter, never breaking our kiss. He scooted closer to me and I placed my hands on his lower back.
“GO GET FUCKING ROOM!” John was obviously frustrated for losing the battle. He smacked my hands and Garrett groaned, disapproving.
“What’s going on?” Pat said. He yawned and stopped. “A THREESOME! MY BABY SISTER!”
I pulled away from Garrett, laughing.
“You can’t touch my sister anymore. Go away.”
“But Pat, oh Pat, I love your sister. How can you ask me that?”
I huffed.
“What, don’t you love me?”
“No, I don’t love you anymore, Becky.”
Jared chuckled.
I jumped off the counter and sat next to Tessa. She had Jared’s Iphone on her hands.
“Have you seen this?”
I looked at the small screen and coughed.
“Lauren Tamburrelli, get your ass right over here!”
Pat sat on my side and peeked over my shoulder. He laughed at the picture of us sleeping together.
“You devilish girl” I said as she appeared with a guilty grin on her face.
“Garrett helped me!”
“I know, and he’s grounded. No cuddling tonight.”
Garrett’s mouth popped open.
“Don’t even try the eye thing” I said when he looked at me with his beautiful, shiny blue eyes.
“You looked so cute there, sleeping with Pat. We had to register that!” Lauren giggled.
“And put the link on Pat’s twitter” Garrett grinned. I punched his back.
John dried his pants with a towel and tossed it at me.
“I’m thirsty, but there’s no water thanks to Leigh.”
“There’s no food either” Kenny said. WAIT, THEY ATE ALL THE FOOD?
“I need food” Garrett and I shouted at the same time.
“I think we should stop and buy something.”
I gave Jared thumbs up.
“I’ll tell the driver and you text Tim” John pointed at me. I took my phone out of my pocket.
‘Stopping to buy some food. Coming?’
‘Ok’ Tim replied. He and Max were following us with the Suburban, bringing all the instruments and stuff.
I changed into a black shirt and skinny jeans – since we had decided to stay in pjs all day.
“John OOOOOOhhh, I’m wearing your flip flops!”
“Alright.”
“Ready!”
I jumped out the bus and the guys looked at me.
“What?” I looked down, searching for something wrong.
“They expected us walking around in tight tank tops and booty shorts” Tessa rolled her eyes.
“In fact, that’d be hot” Garrett looked straight at me. I felt my cheeks flush and looked down. He laughed softly.
“Garrett made Leigh blush, that’s new.”
I stuck my tongue out to Kenny. Tim parked next to us and got out.
“Good morning, Max” I laughed when he closed and slowly opened his eyes.
“Morning, Leigh” he patted my shoulder. Garrett took my hand and we entered the store.
“Buy whatever you want. We’ll share the bill, ok?” Tim said.
“You’ll pay for me, won’t you?” I smiled sweetly at him. He gave me a fake smile.
“No.”
“And what about you, Garebear?”
“Not gonna happen, Leighbear.”
“Leigh” Pat scolded me. I rolled my eyes.
“I’m just kidding. You know I like making fun of Garrett.”
He squeezed my hand and Pat laughed.

We bought a lot of food. A lot. Bottles of water, coke, beers and some other snacks. I’m sure we’re not gonna eat this until tomorrow, but…
Garrett and I were picking Watermelon Sourpatch Friends when we heard Tessa.
“Guys, listen!” she shouted from somewhere in the small store. I looked at Garrett, trying to understand what she meant. He shrugged, also confused. I heard Lauren squeal.
I paid more attention this time, listening carefully, trying to find out why they were acting like crazy. I squealed and ran to the entrance, where the others met. Into Your Arms was on the radio!
Tessa, Lauren and I had huge smiles on our faces. Garrett just laughed. Weirdo, I thought.
“Dude, it’s Into Your Arms!”
“Do you know this band? A lot of teenagers come here and seem to like this song” The cashier said.
“Well, you’re looking at them” Tessa giggled.
“What?”
“Yes, they” I pointed to the guys “are the band.”
“Nice. It’s a pretty song, indeed. Congratulations, boys” The man smiled.
“Thanks” they all mumbled.
“I’m proud of you” I smiled at Garrett, squeezing his hand.
“Hey” Pat and Tim said at the same time “You’re proud of your boyfriend, but you’re not proud of your brothers?”
“Aw, I’m sorry Patty! I’m proud of you. And of you, too, Tim.”
Tim rolled his eyes.
“Alright The Maine, ready to go?”
“Nope” Garrett walked back to the candies corridor.
“Watermelon Sourpatch Kids” I smiled.
“She knows me too well” Garrett mocked. I rolled my eyes.

We paid for our food – and yes, I paid my part.
“So, what will we do tomorrow?” Tim said, when we left the store.
“The bus’s gonna stop at your house, right?” John asked Pat. He nodded.
“I’ll call Ross, then. He can pick me up.”
“Gabi’s gonna take me home” Kenny said.
“My car is in your house” Jared pointed at Pat.
“I can unpack and take you home” I suggested to Garrett. He agreed.
“So.. I’ll see you tomorrow” Tim smiled.