Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 16

“Ahn, mom… Garrett’s coming for dinner tonight.”
I entered the kitchen and sat on the counter, watching my mom walk around the room.
“Will you…” Tim trailed off.
“Yes, we will.”
“Mom, I’m staying for dinner” he smirked.
“Jerk” I rolled my eyes.
“What, it’ll be fun!”
Yeah, Tim always enjoyed making fun of me and Garrett.
“Any special occasion?” my mom asked.
I looked at Tim and he laughed.
“No, just a family night… We can order pizza.”
“Anyone else is coming?”
“I think Pat is bringing Lauren; not sure, though” I shrugged.
“No, It’ll be just us. Lauren will spend the night with her family” Tim said.
“Ok, family night then” My mom smiled.

As the hours passed by, I became more and more nervous. I knew it was silly, everybody knew that Garrett and I had a thing for each other, but I couldn’t help it. I sighed and re-crossed my legs, trying to calm down. I ran a hand through my hair and looked at my watch.
“I think.. I’ll shower” I said, marching off to my room.
I took a long shower, carefully washing every part of my body. I decided to wear skinny jeans and a long sleeved shirt, not making a big deal when choosing clothes. It was just a family night, right? Not a big family dinner. I dried my hair and picked up a pair of ballet flats.
“Lookin’ good” Tim teased when I entered the room. I showed him my middle finger.
“What are we having for dinner?” my dad asked.
“Pizza” Pat and Tim said at the same time. My dad looked around.
“Just us?”
“Garrett is c-coming” I sputtered. Good, I’m nervous again. Tim and Pat laughed. My dad left the room and went talking to my mom.
“$15 she’ll throw up” Pat said.
“$15 she’ll give up” Tim replied.
“$15 I’m not a chicken like you guys” I huffed.
“You can’t even talk about Garrett without stuttering” Tim scoffed. I rolled my eyes.
The doorbell rang and I started coughing. God, why am I choking?
“Wait, she’ll throw up” Pat said. I have the best brothers, I thought wryly. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down.
“Hi Garrett, come in” I heard my dad say.
Pat and Tim smiled at me. I stuck my tongue out to them. Garrett entered the room and looked straight at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.
“So, pizza night Gare…” Pat started.
“Pizza night…” Garrett repeated. We heard the doorbell ring again and my mom say something. My phone buzzed in my back pocket; a new text from Garrett.
‘looking pretty tonight :)’
I raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed.
“What are you texting each other?” Tim asked.
“I bet they’re typing dirty things to each other. Naughty Garrett, I like it ” Pat smirked. I coughed a little.
“Nonsense conversations are not welcome tonight.”
“Oh right, he’ll ask for her hand tonight.”
I kicked Tim’s leg.
“Dinner’s ready” my mom called.
I sat between Pat and my mother, crossed to Tim. Garrett sat beside him, crossed to Pat. My father sat next to them.
“So, how was the trip?” My dad asked.
“Great” we said together. I giggled.
“Good” he smiled.
I risked a look at Garrett; he was more playing than eating his food. I could tell he was nervous.
“How’s your family, Garrett?” My dad asked again.
“Th-they’re good, Mr. Kirch” Gare stuttered. Tim tried to muffle a laugh by coughing. I kicked him under the table. He tried to kick me back, but I opened my legs and he hit my chair. Pat and I tried not to laugh.
I took another bite of my pizza, as Garrett looked at Pat. The silence between us was getting uncomfortable. They looked at me, waiting. I took my phone out, texting Garrett.
“No phones now, Leigh” my mom scolded.
“Sorry mom, it’s really, really important.”
‘What do we do? How do I start?’ I texted Garrett. After a few seconds, his phone rang.
“Sorry” he blushed a little. He typed something and looked back at me. My phone buzzed. My parents looked at both of us.
‘I dunno, babe :(’
I looked back at him, then at Pat.
“So, why are you here, Garrett?” Tim started. Garrett and I dropped our forks.
“I-I’m here because Le-leigh asked me.”
Poor boy, I thought, taking a sip of my water.
“Why did you ask him, Leigh?” Pat smiled. I choked. I started coughing and my parents looked at me worried.
“Leigh honey, breathe” My dad said calmly. I did as he said.
“You haven’t answered him yet, Leigh” Tim teased. I looked at him.
Fuck, I mouthed.
“Ahn, I….”
Garrett breathed deeply and I gazed at him. He gazed back, then down. Tim and Pat had stupid smiles on their faces.
“Wait…” My mom started “Pat and Tim are smiling; Leigh and Garrett are acting nervous.. Do you have something to say, sweetie?”
Panic, panic, panic! I looked at Garrett again, asking for help.
“THEY’RE DATING! There you go, you’re welcome Leigh.”
I looked at Tim. He and Pat started to laugh. Garrett appeared to be frozen in place.
“That’s why Garrett has been acting so weird” My dad smiled. Wow, he was calm.
“You didn’t need to be so nervous dear, we always expected that” My mom grinned at Garrett. He looked at me.
“Gare babe, are you okay?” I asked him worried. Pat kicked him under the table and Garrett jumped.
“Asshole!” I smacked Pat’s arm. My mom scolded him and I chuckled.

After dinner, we stayed in the living room; my parents were talking to Pat and Tim in the kitchen. I sighed and leaned against Garrett.
“Are you okay, Garebear?”
He patted my leg.
“The worst part is over.”
I smiled.
“You were fucking scared.”
“And so were you.”
I stuck my tongue out to him. He caught it between his fingers.
“Let gooooouh” I said, trying not to sound like an idiot.
“Nope” Garrett smiled.
“As-hoooooowl!”
“What, asshole? Apologize, bad girl.”
I shook my head.
“Apologize” he poked my side and I jumped, biting my tongue. Garrett cracked up.
“Baby, I’m sorry” he laughed and I pouted.
Garrett hugged me and I crossed my arms.
“Now you’re acting the tough?”
I pursed my lips. Garrett cupped my chin and kissed me. After a moment, I kissed him back. I put my arms around his neck and brought him down with me. We rolled over, falling on the floor. I chuckled. Garrett kissed me again, his hands on both sides of my face.
“I almost can see your tongue going down her throat” Tim said. I looked up – well, I was upside down. Pat laughed from behind the couch.
“Leave your sister alone” my mom said from the stairs. Tim rolled his eyes
“I’m going home anyway, I don’t need to bother her anymore” he smiled.
“Wait, you’re not sleeping here tonight?”
“No?” He answered, confused.
“Mom, Garrett can spend the night here?”
Garrett raised an eyebrow.
“Of course, sweetheart.”
I smiled at him.

I looked at the corridor one more time. I was waiting my parents go to sleep, so I could sneak to Tim’s old room sleep with Garrett, like we always do.
I opened the my door, looking at my parents’ room. The light was off; I could hear my father snoring softly. I picked up my phone and texted Pat.
‘I always cover you up. You owe me this.’
I knocked on his door softly.
“Alright” I heard Pat say.
I moved to Garrett’s door and opened, without knocking. Garrett sat up, startled.
“Get up baby, my room tonight.”
He looked at me, confused.
“Come, Garebear” I took his hand and dragged him to my room. I had an idea playing in my mind since last night, I hope it will work.
Garrett laid on my bed, as I paced around the room. I finally gathered my nerves and sat beside him. Garrett smiled softly and I sighed. He cocked an eyebrow at my expression. After mentally yelling at myself, I sat on top of Garrett and kissed him. He kissed me back, confused but sweetly. I decided to give him a hint of what I wanted. I led my hands trail down the sides of his body and slid under his shirt. Finally, the good sense hit him.
“Leigh, what are you doing?”
“What do you think I’m doing?”
Garrett rolled his eyes.
“Garrett, please!”
He looked at my face, searching for something. I gave him my best puppy-dog eyes expression. He sighed.
“Are you sure?”
I stopped. No, I’m not sure. Garrett cocked an eyebrow again. I nodded.
He got up and walked to the door.
“What are you doing?” I asked, panicking.
“The right thing…. I hope.”
He locked the door and looked at me, sitting on my bed. I gazed back, waiting for him to do something.
“Why do you want to do this?”
“Because…” I looked away from him, feeling my cheeks flush “Because I love you. That’s enough” I sighed in frustration. He opened his mouth to argue, but closed it again.
He thought about it, then slowly leaned in and kissed me softly. His lips became more eager, his tongue playing with mine. I fell on my back, bringing Garrett with me. I tugged the hem of his shirt and he broke our kiss, removing his shirt and helping to remove mine.
“Black lace?” he ran a finger on my bra.
“Blame Lauren.”
Garrett smiled a little. He moved his mouth down my throat, kissing all the way to my shoulders and back to my neck. He sucked the soft spot under my ear and I sighed, half moaning. Garrett seemed to like my reaction and sucked again, making me moan even more. His hands found their way to my back and reached my bra.
“May I, love?” Garrett whispered in my ear. I breathed deeply. He leaned back to see my reaction. I nodded.
“We don’t have to do it, if you don’t want.”
“Just do it, Gare” I almost whispered. He kissed me again and unhooked my bra, slowly removing and tossing it away. I put my arms around his neck, bringing him closer.
Garrett moaned as our skin made contact. He sat me on his lap and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He ran his hands on the sides of my body, stopping on my breasts. Garrett squeezed them a little, and an ‘oh’ escaped from my lips. He sighed, massaging the skin. I moaned into his mouth.
“Garrett…”
“Calm down, love. We still have a lot to do” He said, leaning us back on my bed.