Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 29

Nobody talked to me anymore. Smart guys. They quickly said good night and we went to our rooms. Garrett said he’s gotten a headache and went to bed early; I didn’t protest, knowing we would end up fighting, and that’s the last thing I wanted to do.

In the morning, when I woke up, Garrett was gone. I heard the shower running, and after minutes, he came back pulling his shirt over his head. He smiled sweetly at me but didn’t say anything, probably testing my humor. I smiled back and moved to the side, making room for him. He laid next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder, his arm around my torso.

“Gare” I started.

“Shh” he said, kissing the top of my head “I know what you’re gonna say.”

I giggled.

“Do you?”

“I know you, Amanda. I know you’re not gonna give in so easily.”

“Good, because in a few days, when I ask you again you’ll know what I’m talking about.”

“Nah, I’ll forget it” he smiled and I rolled my eyes “Pat came here while you were still asleep and we’re going out for coffee; wanna come?”

I shook my head, stretching a little.

“Alright, I’ll bring something to you” He cupped the side of my face and tilted my head back, kissing me quickly “Love you.”

“Love you too” I muttered, as he got up and walked to the door.

At night, we headed to the venue where the band would play. The date was sold out, and the boys were excited. After the whole “we like to party” thing – which I find hilarious – and hugging me, they went to the stage. And it was a blast. John and Garrett invited me to come on the stage – after some girl yelled “we saw you kissing Garrett” – but I refused. I also nearly freaked out when I saw who was standing in the front row. The bitch - is Nicole her name? - was there. And she did make it, she got a ticket even if the concert was sold out. Max patted my back when he realized what was going on.

When the concert was over, we headed outside where the fans were waiting. Some girls talked to Max and me before talking to the band. Nicole also waited several minutes, but she suddenly walked up to Garrett, who was talking to a girl and her boyfriend. He obviously ignored her, but she stood there anyway. After a while, I got tired and walked up to Gare. Nicole rolled her eyes when she saw me and stepped closer to him.

He took my hand and led me to where Jared and Ken were talking to a group of girls. We talked to them for a while, and the girls just couldn’t stop smiling at us, seeing Garrett and I hugging each other. That Nicole girl began to talk to some guy, and I could tell he was pretty annoyed and she wasn’t giving a shit to whatever he was saying. After an hour, the crowd began to disperse; it was late when we left the parking lot, leaving Nicole there. I hadn’t realized Garrett didn’t come with us until Max mentioned his name. I went outside, looking for him; all the fans were gone now, leaving the place silent.

I heard low voices coming from behind the building, in an alley. I recognized Gare’s voice, followed by a female voice. Oh shit, Nicole. I stood in silence, trying to understand what they were saying. When I looked around the corner, I froze.

Nicole was taking his hands – he didn’t protest – and placing them on her waist. Oh and hey, did I mention they were kissing?

I gasped, but they didn’t hear me. I tried to walk away, but my legs didn’t seem to move fast enough. I stopped, taking my phone out of my pocket and dialing Tim’s number.

I know I sound like a baby, but I’ve never wanted Tim so much like I wanted him right now. Pat, Tim and I always had been close, and whenever I needed them, they were there for me.

“Tim, I wanna go home” I said, when he answered his phone.

“What? What’s going on?” He asked. I tried to say something, but instead, a small sob came from my throat.

“Leigh, are you crying? Where’s Pat?”

Just when I was about to answer, the door next to me cracked open and Pat came out, followed by the guys.

“Leigh?” Tim asked at the same time John said “hey, are you okay?”

I hung up, wiping the hot tears from under my eyes. Pat walked to me, but I pushed him away. Jared and Kennedy whispered something as Pat walked to the alley where I found Garrett and Nicole. My phone buzzed, but I didn’t answer, knowing it was Tim.

“What the fuck, Garrett?” I heard Pat say.

“Leigh!” John called running towards me, but I didn’t turn back.

I heard Garrett call my name and it only made me angrier. I walked out of that place as fast as I could, with John right behind me. The tears didn’t stop falling, and the only sounds in the street were my sobs. John grabbed my arms from behind and turned me to him.

“Leave me alone” I yelled, struggling.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” He asked, releasing me.

“With me? What the fuck is wrong with Garrett!”

“Leigh, calm down. What happened?”

“I thought you had seen. Why don’t you come back there and ask Garrett?”

“Oh shit” he breathed “not again.”

I began to walk away and John had to jog to keep up with me. His phone rang and he took it out, looking at the id.

“Hey, yeah I got her. I don’t.. where are we going?” John asked me over his phone. I didn’t answer. “She’s not even talking to me. What? Okay” he paused, looking at me. After a minute, he hung up.

“Garrett said he’s sorry.”

I scoffed, crossing my arms on my chest. It was almost 2 am when I found a park, and sat on a bench, hugging my legs to my chest and resting my chin on my knees. John followed me, but didn’t say anything.

I wasn’t sad, I wasn’t gonna cry. I was just pissed. Really pissed.