Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 7

Cold fingers ran up and down my stomach under my shirt.
“Leigh, wake up” Garrett spoke softly. I moaned and rolled over.
“Leeeeeeeeeigh, get up. We’ll get some breakfast.”
“Tell the guys to get ready, and then you wake me up.”
“That’s a problem. They’re already there” Garrett laughed “Here, put these on. You can keep your shirt” He threw something at me.
“Okay” I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I put on my shorts, grabbed one of Garrett’s hoodies and a pair of random flip flops on my way outside.
“There she is” Garrett smiled.
“Too tired, Gare” I said, yawning.
“Too tired? Come here” Garrett pulled me into him, tickling me.
“No Garrett, seriously” I laughed. He released me and I ran from him. I could see Tessa and Kennedy in a coffee across the street. Garrett tried to catch me again, but I was faster and reached the door first.
“Do you guys want something?” a waitress asked us.
“Nope” Garrett said. He hugged me and pulled us towards the guys.
“Let me go, Gaaaaaaaaare” I whined. A few people looked at us, but we didn’t care. He laughed, tightening his arms around me.
“Gooooooooooooood morning” Kenny smiled. I sat between Garrett and Jared.
“Hey Leigh” Jared laughed as I lay my head down on his shoulder.
“Good morning” I said, closing my eyes.
“What do you want, baby sis?” Pat asked. I pulled Gare’s hood over my head.
“I’m not hungry, so… Nothing.”
“We can share something” Garrett suggested. I nodded, leaning against him. He put his arm around me, holding me in place. I think I fell asleep, because when I opened my eyes I found a plate of toasts in front of me.
“Finally they turned on the radio” Lauren said. That’s What You Get by Paramore started playing.
“I love that song” I smiled.
“Me too” Gabi replied.
“I don’t like Paramore” Garrett frowned.
“Me neither.”
“But you like this song” he pointed.
“I like the song, not the band” I raised an eyebrow.
Garrett pursed his lips and seemed to be listening to the song. I started playing with the zipper of Garrett’s hood, not really paying attention around me. John was saying something about LA, but I was barely listening.
I was humming the lyrics of the song when Garrett called me. I looked up as he cupped my chin with his free hand. He kissed me softly, his lips moving perfectly against mine. I heard the guys laughing and cheering at us.
“That’s what you get when you let your heart win” Garrett murmured against my lips. I pulled away and smiled. Garrett stood up, taking my hand.
“Let’s get out of here.”
“Where are you going?” John asked. Garrett just laughed.
“Take care of my baby sister” Pat yelled as we walked out the door.

I leaned against the bus, my hands on the back of Garrett’s neck. He pulled me against him, his arms around my waist. I brought his lips to mine again, a little smile playing with the corners of my mouth. His tongue traced my bottom lip and I opened my mouth, letting him slid it inside. His tongue roamed my mouth, exploring it.
“Finally!” Someone said. We pulled away to see Max and Tim smiling at us.
“How long have you been there?” I asked, moving my hands to Garrett’s shoulders.
“Not too long” Max said. They stood there, looking at us.
“Stop staring, it’s creepy” I cringed. They laughed and entered the bus.
“This is weird…”
“What is weird?” Garrett asked, placing a soft kiss on my lips.
“We’re here…. kissing, and they’re there, spying on us” I said, looking at the coffee. Everybody was pressing their bodies against the window, looking at us and smiling.
Garrett kissed me one more time before heading back to the coffee.
“Are you awake now?” Jared asked me playfully.
“Yeah, but now I’m hungry” I said, taking a bite of a toast.
“Tell me baby boy, what does it make you now?” John asked Garrett. We exchanged a look.
“It makes me whatever she wants. I’m still her best friend, I’ll always be there for her” He shrugged. Pat, Lauren, Gabi and Tessa made an “aaaaaaaaaw” sound.
“Aw, everything is cute I know, but we have to go” Kenny said, taking Gabi’s hand.

We paid for our food and walked back to the tour bus. I removed Garrett’s hoodie and laid down on his bed.
“What are you doing?” Pat asked, pulling my foot.
“Trying to sleep” like that wasn’t obvious.
“No” he said “get up.”
“Nooooooo! Please Patty, it’s nap time for Leigh!”
“Let her sleep, Pat” Garrett said, laying beside me.
“Yeah Pat, let them cuddle” John mocked. Lauren laid on his bunk.
“Actually no, she’s staying here with me today. Come, Leigh!” I got up, but Garrett caught me, falling on his bed.
“You’re staying here with me.”
“Sorry Lauren, I’m stuck in here” I turned to face Garrett, bringing his face closer.
“STOP KISSING!” John jumped on us.
“What the fuck? We’re not even kissing!”
“But you were gonna kiss.”
“John, I understand what you’re going through” Gabi patted his leg; he gave her a confused look “You’re the only single guy here. Now that Garrett has Leigh, you’re afraid that you’ll be forever alone.”
John huffed and we all laughed at him.
“May I sleep now?” I asked.
“Noooo, I wanna do something” John said.
“Go to sleep” I yawned. John muttered something and left. I sighed as Garrett held me closer.
“GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!” Pat yelled in a Ratboy voice. Garrett quickly let go of me. If it wasn’t Gabi, I would have fallen.
”Pat!”
Pat and John were dying of laughter.
“Garrett, you should’ve seen your face! It was priceless!” Pat was almost choking.
“Leave him alone, Pat!” I quickly stood up ready to jump on Pat, but John caught me first and threw me over his shoulder. He walked to the living room, where Jared and Kennedy were. I stretched my legs lightly and kicked him on the balls. John fell on the couch next to us, groaning.
I ran back to the bunks, looking for someone to protect me. I could hear Jared and Kennedy laughing, while John Ohh moaned.
“Stop moaning, John Ohh!” I mocked him.
“I can’t. I’m in pain!”
“What did you do?” Garrett asked.
“I kicked him” I shrugged. I was ready to lie down, but Pat caught me and threw me on John’s bed. I sat beside Lauren, and Pat jumped on us.
“You’re staying here, baby sis.”
“OH NO! My brother will make out with his girlfriend and I have to watch it. Garebear, save me!”
I heard Garrett laugh as he walked to John’s bunk. He sat on top of Pat – who was laying over Lauren and me.
“Garebear”
“What, Leighbear?”
“I wanna sleep” I said softly “But I can’t, because we’re stuck in here.”
“Then come here” He laughed softly and pushed Pat. I took his hand and walked back to his bunk. We laid down on his bed and I quickly fel asleep in his arms.

Garrett moaned on my side and turned, removing his arms around me. I stretched my arms and legs, yawning. I rolled on the small bed, trying to reach the edge without waking him. I put my feet on the ground, passing over Garrett. Someone tugged my right feet, causing me to fall and bring Garrett with me.
“Ouch” Garrett moaned, opening his eyes.
“Gare babe, I’m so sorry!” I saw John laughing on his bed “What the fuck, O’Callaghan?”
“Sweet revenge” John smirked. I rolled my eyes.
“Gare, get up” I spoke softly. He groaned, his eyes closed; I laughed.
“Come on, Garebear” I whispered in his ear. He opened his eyes and kissed me. I kissed him back for a moment, before getting up. Garrett pouted and headed back to his bed.
“You, my friend, should be more careful from now” I said, pointing to John.
“Yeah, why?” He smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Hey, don’t touch my girl” Garrett mumbled from his bed.
“Your girl?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Yeah, my girl. Any doubts, check your neck.”
I rolled my eyes.
“What time is it?”
“Eleven” Tessa said. I looked around, searching for them.
Garrett was still on his bed. Lazy, I thought. Pat and Lauren were cuddling in his bunk. John was on the internet. Gabi and Tessa were getting their nails done. Jared and Kenny were watching tv.
“Should I go back to sleep or..?” I asked.
“Yes” Garrett said.
“Well, the right answer is no. Get up, you fucking lazy.”
“But you wanted to sleep!”
“I wanted to sleep. We slept. Now, I’m awake!” I grinned and Garrett rolled his eyes.
“Guys, look!” Kennedy said, pointing to a large sign indicating San Diego. I smiled. A whole month off to California with my best friends and Garrett was all I needed.