Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 8

We would stay in San Diego for three days, then we would go to LA. During this time, Lauren kept asking if I was dating Garrett, but the truth is: I didn’t even know. We hooked up a few times, but we never really talked about it. The same thing repeated when we were checking in at the hotel.
“I know what you’re gonna ask” I said as she grabbed my hand. “We haven’t talked about it yet. I’ll ask him today, okay?”
Lauren sighed. I walked back to Garrett and he took my hand, leaning against the counter.
“May I help you?” The receptionist smiled.
“I’ve reserved a few rooms for two days. The name’s Tim Kirch” Tim spoke. The receptionist searched her laptop for a few seconds.
“Tim Kirch… The Maine?”
Tim nodded.
“How many rooms?”
Tim looked at us.
“We’re staying with the girls” Kenny said.
“Four rooms. Leigh, you’re staying with me”
“No fucking way. I’m staying with Garrett” I frowned.
“You’re my sister, you’re staying with me.”
“Well, I’m her boyfriend. She can stay with me if she wants” Garrett said in a low voice. Everyone smiled at us, and I looked down shyly. I could see Garrett blushing. Tim sighed.
“Max, you’re staying with me.”
We received the keys of our rooms so we could settle everything.
“So, are you my boyfriend now?” I asked Garrett as he closed the door.
“Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” I felt my cheeks blush as I nodded.
“Then that’s it, I’m your boyfriend” He grabbed my face is his hands and kissed me.
“What do you want to do next?” Garrett asked when we pulled away.
“Shower. I need to shower. And how about you?”
“I dunno… watch you shower, maybe” Garrett laughed when my mouth popped open “I’m kidding, Leigh! I’ll just sit here and wait for you.”
He kissed me one more time and laid on the bed. I grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom.

After about an hour, we were at Pizza Hut having lunch.
“Welcome to Pizza Hut, it’s Pat. Welcome to Pizza hut” I laughed.
“You’re just a cupcake lover. NO, DON’T GO!” Lauren smiled. Pat rolled his eyes. Garrett hugged me and kissed my cheek.
“Stop! I’m about to throw up!” Pat grimaced. He looked away and I smiled.
“Hey Pat!” When he looked at me, I kissed Garrett. Pat made a disgusted sound.

“I don’t understand why you complain so much. I have to listen every time you and Lauren…” I trailed off and Garrett laughed. I couldn’t believe I was having this talk with my brother. Lauren shifted uncomfortably and blushed.
“Do we have anything planned for today?” Kenny asked Tim.
“No. You’re free to do whatever you want ‘till tomorrow night before the show.”
“Can we go to the beach?” I smiled. Everybody agreed.
“Why not?” Tim shrugged.

San Diego was one of the best cities ever. I think I’ve never had so much fun. The Maine played on Saturday and man, they rocked! I saw many girls crying or even with huge smiles on their faces. I couldn’t help but feel proud of my best friends. After the show, we went right back to the hotel; the boys were too tired to do anything.
Garrett dropped his clothes by the bed and laid down. I smiled as his arms circled me and he leaned down to kiss me. I pouted as he pulled away, always too soon.
“Why the face?” Garrett smiled.
“You don’t know how to kiss me; you’re a good kisser, though.”
“So how do you want to be kissed?” He smirked.
I went over him, kissing him. I parted my lips slightly, enough space for his tongue to rush in my mouth and slowly retreat, leaving enough time for mine to do some exploring of its own in his mouth. I nibbled at is bottom lip and he groaned.
“See? That’s the right way” I whispered. Garrett kissed me again, sucking my bottom lip softly. We pulled back and I leaned my head on his chest.
“Leigh, do you remember our first kiss?” Garrett asked, after a few minutes of silence.
“Yeah?” I frowned, half asleep.
“I don’t think you do” he laughed. I looked up, waiting for him to continue.
“Remember that day when John took us to 8123 after a show and we got drunk? You were sixteen.”
I nodded, smiling. That was a funny day; even Tim got drunk.
“Well, we decided to go for a walk. I tripped over something and fell, taking you with me. You fell over me and we kissed. Do you remember that?”
I quickly sat up, my eyes wide. I had kissed Garrett and didn’t know that? What the actual fuck?
“That’s why Jamie broke up with me?”
Garrett nodded. Jamie, my ex-boyfriend, got mad at me for no reason. I tried to figure out what I had done but nothing worked. After a week, we broke up.
“Why didn’t you tell me before?”
“I dunno… I think I was scared. Ya know, I’d kissed my best friend” He shrugged. “But things happened, so…”
I leaned back on my pillow, laughing and Garrett held me closer. I couldn’t believe I had kissed Garrett before. And I was drunk.
“Ready to sleep?” I asked him. He nodded.
“Good night, Garebear” I whispered as he kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes.

My phone rang, indicating it was time to wake up. I ran a hand on Garrett’s bare chest.
“Garrett, wake up.”
He sighed, a soft smile on his face.
“Gare, we have to go. Come on!”
I laughed, sitting on top of him. Garrett didn’t move an inch. I brought my lips to his face, kissing his cheek.
“Garebear” I murmured in his ear. He moaned, covering his eyes with his hands.
“Mandy Moore, today is Sunday! Let me sleep more five minutes.”
“Garrett, it’s ten thirty, we’re going to LA today!”
Garrett sighed, but didn’t move. I softly kissed his neck and looked up to see his reaction. A little smile was playing with the corners of his mouth. I trailed kisses along his neck and shoulder, making my way back to his face. I took his face in my hands and kissed him.
“Are you awake now?”
“Maybe” He rubbed his eyes. I was about to kiss him again, but someone knocked the door.
“Come in” I called. Kenny appeared by the door. He looked at us and seemed embarrassed.
“Hey guys, are you ready? ahn… Apparently, no” he laughed.
“Yeah, I’m trying, but Garrett is being an ass and doesn’t want to get up” I laughed; Garrett squeezed my thigh lightly.
“So, Gabi’s little brother is sick and she has to go home. We’ll take her to the airport within half an hour. Wanna come?” Kenny asked. I looked at Garrett and he nodded.
“Yeah. Give us fifteen minutes.”
“Okay” Kenny closed the door. I hopped off of Garrett and headed to the bathroom.

After exactly fifteen minutes, we were walking to the hotel lobby.
“Oh no, look! A zombie from The Walking Dead!” Jared said in fake horror, pointing at us. I laughed, squeezing Garrett’s hand.
“Garebear isn’t fully awake yet.”
“We can see that” Pat laughed.
“Gare” I lifted his sunglasses, his eyes were slightly closed.
“GARRETT, WAKE UP!” I yelled in his ear, causing him to quiver. Everybody laughed at him.
“Sorry babe, but you need to wake up” I said, caressing his cheek. Garrett rolled his eyes.
“After this I’m awake… and deaf” We all laughed.
We waited the tour bus outside the hotel. We would go to LA and take Gabi to LAX, so she could return to Phoenix.