Fuel to the Fire

Chapter 9

“We’re gonna miss you” I said, hugging Gabi.
“I’m gonna miss you, too. I wish I could stay” she sighed. She said goodbye to Tim and Jared, and Kenny took her to a separate hallway, so they could have a real goodbye kiss without the guys mocking them.
I turned in Garrett’s arms, hugging is torso. He kissed the tip of my nose and smiled.
“So, what do we do now?” Jared asked, his arms around Tessa.
“Go to the hotel. Settle things, then you can do whatever you want. Oh, Benji wants to see us, by the way” Tim said.
“Benji?” I asked.
“Benji Madden” John replied me.
“Oh yeah, that Good Charlotte guy. Is he still dating Paris Hilton?” I asked Garrett.
“WAIT! HE DATED PARIS HILTON?” John shouted.
“Seriously, you’re his friend and you didn’t know that?”

John laughed.
Gabi’s flight was announced one more time. Kenny led her to the gates and kissed her. She waved at us and we waved back. Kenny had a sad look on his face as he walked back to us.
“Come on, man! It’s not like you’re never gonna see her again” Jared said, clapping Kennedy’s back. He shrugged and looked down. I pursed my lips.
“Kennedy Brock, we’re in LA! Let’s party!”

Tim called Benji, telling him that we were in LA. Benji invited us for a party tonight, saying that we really wanted to see us. At nine, I was perfectly dresses in a black dress – thanks to Lauren – and high heels.
“Lookin’ good” Garrett said, closing the door. I looked at his bare-chested figure.
“You too” I smiled “buuuuuuuuuut, may I ask why you’re not ready?”
“What time is it?” he asked.
“Nine.”
“When are we leaving?”
“Now” I said, an eyebrow raised.
He nodded. Garrett picked up a black button shirt and laced his boots.
“I’m ready.”
I laughed at him. He hugged me and kissed me.

John rented a car, so we could ride around the city without fans following us. We met Benji outside a club – totally not our type. At first, I thought I wouldn’t like him, but he was a cool guy.
“Yo John!” He said, hugging John. He greeted everyone, even Lauren.
“And who’s this cutie?” He said, smiling at me.
“Get your hands off my sister” Tim and Pat said in unison. They were joking…right?
“Get your hands off my girl” Garrett said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
“So, you’re the famous Baby K?”
“A new nickname to the list. Yes, I’m the famous Baby K” I smiled.
“Wait, what? Your girl? What happened to…” Benji trailed off when I sighed and looked down.
“Yeah, I’m also known as Garrett’s girl” I said as Garrett kissed my cheek.
“I think we should go inside” Pat said, taking Lauren’s hand. We all agreed.

Okay, I had to admit it: Benji obviously knows how to party. Even though it wasn’t my thing, I danced all night. I had so much fun, and yeah, I think I drank too much. After dancing with Tessa, I went looking for Garrett.
I found him by the bar; talking to a girl. My eyes went wide. A blonde, how original Garrett! I rolled my eyes. I stopped a few feet away and stood there, looking at him. The bitch was all flirty over him and he didn’t seem to care.
“Hey Baby Girl, ‘watcha doing?” Lauren asked. I moved my gaze to her face, and then back to Garrett. She followed me and opened her mouth.
“Go there, stop her!”
I nodded ‘no’. Lauren sighed and rolled her eyes. She walked over them and tugged Garrett’s arm. They talked for a brief moment and I saw her rolling her eyes. I sighed, looking for someone. I just couldn’t believe; Garrett was doing that to me. I looked around and found John talking to Benji.
“Yo Baby Girl, where’s Gare?” John asked as I walked towards them.
“Talking to Lauren.”
John laughed. He seemed drunk. Actually, I think everybody was drunk. I could smell alchool in the air as I leaned against a wall, next to Benji.
“So Baby Girl, how old are you?” he asked me.
“Eighteen.”
“Such a baby” He smiled.
“She is a baby. She’s our baby girl” John laughed. I rolled my eyes.
“I’m not a baby!”
“Really?” Benji smiled.
“Really.” I smirked as a plan aroused in my mind. I know that it was stupid, but I wanted to make Garrett jealous. If he really liked me, he would fight for me.
Benji slowly leaned down, looking at me. He kissed me, a little bit too tough. His hands slid down my body and stopped on my ass. I felt someone pull my arm and I looked up, annoyed, to see who it was.
“What the fuck are you doing?” Lauren and John asked, their eyes wide. I looked at the bar; Garrett was looking at us, frowning.
“I’m kissing Benji, if you don’t mind. Blondie left Garrett, that’s why he’s sad?” I asked wryly.
“Wait, blondie?” John asked. Benji stood there, looking at us.
“Nothing. Amanda, enough. Let’s go” Lauren pushed me.
“Where?”
“Back to the hotel.”
“I’m not leaving without Garrett!” I stopped.
“He’s drunk” Tessa said, appearing behind Lauren “I’m taking him, okay Leigh?”
I nodded, letting Lauren push me to the exit. We got in the car, Lauren in the backseat with me, John driving and Pat in the passenger seat.
“Why is John driving? He’s as drunk as me“ I pouted. John laughed.
“Am I the only sober here?” Lauren huffed.
“Even you Pat?” I laughed. Pat nodded, rubbing his head.
“Apparently, yes.”

John drove us back to the hotel and led us back to our rooms.
“Leigh, you’re sleeping with me tonight okay?” Lauren said. I nodded.
“Why do you talk to me like I’m five years old?”
Lauren laughed. She threw my pjs at me and I changed, falling on the bed.
“Leigh, do you need anything?”
I nodded, my eyes closed.
“What?”
“I want Garrett” I whined.
“You’ll see me tomorrow” She spoke softly.
“No, I want him now!” I cried “Lauren, I love him sooooo much. Why he was talking to that girl? I think he doesn’t love me!”
Lauren wiped the tears from under my eyes and hugged me.
“He does love you Leigh. Very, very much. You’ll see him tomorrow, I promise, but now you need to sleep” She whispered, running a hand through my hair. I nodded.
I curled in the bed and closed my eyes.