Full Throttle and M&Ms Do Not Mix

We've Been Busy Writing Songs for You

Kristyne had been at home. Her phone rang.

“Oh, Michelle you just dropped me off,” she said as she picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey, um, Kris?”

“Yes… um… who is this?”

“Mikey.”

She covered the receiver and gasped. She was suddenly giddy.

“Hey, what’s up?” she said acting as if her emotions never showed, which Mikey didn’t hear anyway.

“Oh, nothing just Gerard is out with the rest of the band at a bar,” he said, he sounded sort of depressed.

“And you didn’t go?”

“I don’t drink, ha.”

“Oh, yeah right, right,” she said silently hitting her head. “So why’d you call me?”

“I got bored,” his voice sounded like birds singing to Kris. “No “she thought, “I’m with Joe, I can’t think this stuff anymore.”

“So watcha doing?” he asked.

“Rotting my brains in front of the TV. Ha, ha,” she joked. “Hey, if you don’t mind me asking, what did you say to Alicia that made her leave you?”

“She didn’t leave me yet!”

“Sorry, sorry. But you had to have done something that made her… erm… mad.”

“Well, that’s the thing. I have no clue what I did.”

“Ha ha. Well you did something.”

He man-gasped, “What makes you think I did something wrong?”

“Ha, ha, because she doesn’t just leave for no reason at all.”

“Oh! Hey guys!” he directed to the band. “Hey, Kris… I have to go. They’re back.”

“Jeez, make it sound like a horror movie. Well OK. I’ll be here when you need to talk.”

“Bye,” he said and hung up.