Status: Having another go at this.

All the Things She Said

06.

"Are you alright, Lillian?" Landon walked into Lillian's bedroom, taking a seat at her desk. He looked at her with hopeful eyes, but Lillian turned away from him. "Please, just listen to me." Landon paused, wishing she would face him. A harsh sigh came from his lips before he continued. "Emily and I are about to leave, and I wanted to tell you that I am sorry."

Lillian rolled her eyes. She was still shook up from earlier and didn't have time for his half-assed apologies. She looked at him, and then closed her eyes tightly shut. She prayed that if she did it long enough, that this Landon would disappear. Lillian didn't want him to say he was sorry because Emily made him. She wanted him to mean it and to never do what he did again. She wanted her brother back.

Landon laughed at her actions, finding it silly. "What are you doing, bug?" He stood and walked over to her. He sat on her bed next to her, placed his hands on her face, and forced her eyes open. Lillian jerked away from him, scooting away in fear. "I'm not going to hurt you, kid. I'm apologizing. There's no need to be afraid."

A surprised expression was plastered on Lillian's face. She scoffed at his words, "I'm not going to hurt you, kid." She shook her head, knowing he was full of shit. Lillian lifted her shirt slightly, so Landon could see what he had done to her. "This hurts," she mumbled.

It was now Landon's turn to roll his eyes. He didn't live in fools paradise, but his own true evilness blinded him. He quickly pulled her hands away, letting her shirt fall, and refusing to let go. "Don't be daft, Lillian. I don't have time for you to be difficult. Please just accept my apology so we can both move on." Landon's tone was low and frigid. His grip on her tightened until she began to wince in pain, pushing her back onto her bed.

Landon stood, beginning to exit the room. However, before he left, he turned to Lillian to speak. "Not having a family hurts, Lillian. Lakota died, mom and dad got divorced, mom's dead, and it's all your fault. You tore this family apart and then you play the victim. I was only trying to be nice to you."

"Leave."

Landon glared at her for a little while longer, deciding he had left Emily waiting long enough. He turned on his heels and left, without looking back. Lillian shut her eyes again, breathing deeply.

A hard knock rang from the balcony doors. Lillian grew annoyed, remembering Harry would be back. She didn't bother stalling and stood to open the doors. She pushed the doors open, pulling Harry inside. Lillian pulled him into the center of her spacious room, plopping down on the floor. She waited for him to follow suit.

"Well it's nice to see you too." A wide grin spread across Harry's large face. "Funny, I wouldn't have pegged you for the aggressive type." He laughed half heartedly at his own joke, but stopped once he noticed Lillian wasn't smiling. He ignored her sour face and sat down beside her.

Lillian took the math book from his hands. She began flipping through the pages, trying to find the assigned problems. However, Harry grew distracted, examining her bedroom like she had done to his. He enjoyed that her walls were a lavender color and that posters of her favorite artists hung upon them. He adored the posh, girly look her room had with a large princess-framed bed, canopy, and a large, white vanity desk to match. He didn't expect her room to be this way, but he thought it suited her well.

He imagined that her bedroom reflected who she used to be. He envisioned her to be an inspired young woman with a world of potential and large dreams. He thought of her to be a bubbly, well liked girl that came from a good family and went to an expensive private school in the sunshine state.

Harry soon grew sad thinking about it. He turned to look down at her, clutching the work he had done with of her one hands and a calculator in the other. He felt somber knowing that he had just caught a glimpse of this wondrous girl he thought her to be, but knew she was too pained to let shine through. He saw her new self and knew she was much more than a troubled girl with an even more troubled past.

"These are correct." Lillian slammed the book shut and slid it over to him. "Why?" She looked at him, waiting for him to explain.

"Oh, really? I hadn't noticed." He bit his lip to stop himself from smiling.

"Don't be cheeky." Harry shrugged his shoulders. Lillian rolled her eyes, a strong feeling of annoyance returning to her. She picked up Harry's book, stood, and pulled him up along with her. She pressed the book into his chest and shook her head. "Leave. I'm incapable. I had a panic attack in the kitchen earlier and my brother said--." She choked on her words. She put both hands through her hair and began to pull a little. Her mind went blank.

Harry removed her hands from her head, preventing her from ripped her hair out. He was shocked, but mostly frightened by her state. Something was terribly off about her, and he felt sympathetic towards her. He took her shaking body and pulled it into his. Her small tremors shook his insides and his emotions.

"I don't mean to come off as a bother. True, I didn't need help with homework, but I just wanted to see you." He unraveled himself from her and sat her down on the bed. "Look, mate, I may not know or understand what all is going on with you, but, even though you keep resisting me, I want to help you. Now, I don't mean I want you as my charity case, but I can tell you need someone and you're not finding it in anyone else. You just seem like you need a good cuddle and a close friend. I can promise you that in the end, everything will turn out fine. You just need to hold on a little longer because it does get better." Harry placed a hand on her shoulder to reassure her. A closed-lip smile appeared on both of their faces.

"But it is getting late," Harry started. "I don't want to get you into any trouble being here with your brothers upset with you."

Lillian nodded her head in agreement, allowing herself to calm down. She felt embarrassed for the way she had reacted. Harry gave her one last smile and headed for the balcony, but Lillian's touch stopped him.

"Thank you." She was grateful of him. They were merely strangers a few days ago, but now they held a connection solely because he had taken an interest.

"Any time." Harry patted her shoulder one good time, and then he left.

Lillian watched in amazement, just like she had the night he saved her life. She thought him to be something of a guardian angel. He was plainly too graceful and kind to be anything but. She found herself breathless and ultimately gratified.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck. I'm sorry please forgive me for not updating as often as I should. Anyways, thanks for reading.

-Dani