Status: Having another go at this.

All the Things She Said

08.

Lillian woke to the sound of an alarm clock and the soft pitter-patter of the rain. She was wrapped in a warm blanket, an oversized Jack Wills top, and a pair of Harry's boxers. She had momentarily forgotten where she was. The thought of staying the night with Harry had completely slipped her mind. But once the memory had dawned on her, she slipped into a fit of panic.

"Shit," she said under her breath. She slipped out of Harry's bed and rushed around his room, trying to find her clothes. Lillian was terrified at the thought of what Landon would do to her if he ever found out. She knew she had to get back to her room in hopes that Landon hadn't woken up yet. However, as she passed Harry's bathroom door she couldn't help but to stop and listen. The voice of an angel sang above the shower head.

"Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? Isn't she precious? Less than one minute old. I never thought through love we'd be making one as lovely as she. But isn't she lovely made from love." He sang the lyrics with such grace, sounding better than Stevie Wonder himself. Lillian placed her ear to the door and let a huge smile spread across her face. She got so mesmerized that she didn't notice the water stop until Harry stood beside her.

"What are you doing love," he asked with a smile, his hair still soaking wet.

"Uh-- I was leaving, but then I had to stop. I heard you, and well, you have always left me breathless with your voice." Lillian began to stumble over her words as butterflies started to fill her stomach.

"You really think so, McFierce?" A smug smolder of a look illuminated his face.

"I know so, Styles! You have such a great talent, and to be honest, that was the first thing about you that I truly enjoyed." Harry raised an eyebrow at her, shocked she would say such a thing. "Your voice really is beautiful, Hazza."

"Only because who I was singing it for is something truly beautiful herself." He said pulling her closer to him. Her face burned with a bright red colour. Her hands began to clam with a newly found nervousness.

They grew daringly quiet. Lillian watched anxiously as Harry's eyes begin to travel from her eyes down to her lips and then back up again. It wasn't long before they began to inch closer and closer, their lips barley touching.

"May I," he asked his breath tickling her skin. She responded by standing on his toes and closing the space between their lips. Instantly, they broke the kiss, surprised by the electricity that flowed through both of them, but quickly reconnected in an aggressive manor. However, Lillian eventually pulled away to look up at him, his eyes staring deeply back into hers.

"I must get going. If Landon isn't already looking for me, he will be," was all she could think to say. Lillian had became embarrassed by this new found territory they had established. She had never been in this type situation before.

"He won't be," he said casually, walking over to his bed to sit down. Lillian remained where she was, and she looked at him with confusion.

"I was supposed to be home before he did. I highly doubt he stayed out all night with Emily waiting for him," Lillian said, looking over to him.

"No you weren't," he said with the same casual tone. She gave him another puzzled look, leaning up against the wall. "He won't be worried about you today." Lillian stared at him with a look that pressured him to go on.

"His attention will be too consumed to even allow his mind to think about anything that isn't directly in front of him." Harry stood and pulled Lillian lightly back to his bed.

"Pardon me?"

"Emily called last night while you were in the bath. I told her you had fallen asleep, and we had a little chat. She told me that Landon and her were planning on going off to London this weekend anyways, so she distracted Landon for the night. She said she could buy us the day and possibly a little bit of tomorrow," he said explaining himself. "Please don't be alarmed, Lillian. My mother is fully aware of the situation."

"But why would your mom ever do that?" Lillian put a hand to her mouth and started to chew on her cuticles. She ponder her thoughts, thinking of why Emily would even allow such a thing.

"Well, it's a bit of a special occasion. If it wasn't, there would have been no way she would have done this for me. Please Lillybeth just trust me. We're going to have a load of fun today, I promise," he said his tone turning a little more serious. Lillian could almost sense a bit of sadness in his eyes and his entire being. She bit her lip to prevent herself from saying something too drastic. She simply nodded to make him happy. A smile returned to his face.

"What is it exactly do you plan on doing today," she asked. She laid back onto his bed, still chewing around her nails.

"You're going to go get dressed while I take care of some stuff," he said pulling her back up and walking her over to his balcony. "And please stop gnawing at your fingers" pulling her hands away from her mouth.

"But what are we doing?" She began to trip over her feet as he rushed her out of the door. She turned to him and pushed him, signaling he was being too rough.

"Nope, I can't tell you it's a secret." Harry pointed to the tree and shook his head. He then childishly locked his mouth with an imaginary key and threw said key away.

"I don't like surprises," Lillian protested as she began to climb back to her balcony. Harry's hands guided her from behind to keep her steady. He didn't say another thing until she was close to her own bedroom.

"Oh, and Lillybeth?" Harry leaned on the railing so that she could see him properly.

"Yes," she asked.

"I love," he edged on the next word, slowly taunting her, "those boxers. I want them back," he said with a booming laugh. "What? You thought I was going to say you didn't you?"

"Why would you say that? We aren't even dating, love," she said in a mocking tone. She slipped the boxers from her body to hold them in her hand. "Here, since you don't trust me with them," she said throwing them to him, laughing. She began to walk into her room, but she heard her name being called once again. "What do you want, Haz?"

"Do you think I could get that shirt back too?"

"In your dreams, Harry. I am a proper lady," she said back to him before finally walking into her room. She smiled to herself as she walked into her closet, picking out the absolute perfect outfit. A pair of back leggings, ballet flats, an over-sized, oatmeal colored sweater, and a leopard print loop scarf were the items she pulled from her railings.

She slipped out of Harry's shirt, but before she put her clothes on, she stopped to look at herself in the mirror. Her skin seemed a tad bit more pale than normal, and it was splattered with an array random bruises. She saw herself, but she couldn't really see herself. She was barely in her own reflection. Lillian Madison was vivid, but Lilly was somewhere lost in this ugly mess. This view of herself reflected who she had become since Lakota died and more of what had happened. It didn't show who she truly was.

She took a deep breath, quickly shook the thought and put on her clothes. She finished the look off with a light make up and allowing her hair to flow freely at her sides. She then took another look at herself and tried to smile. Lillian Madison was still there, but Lilly showed a little more in that split second, she was actually happy.

"Are you ready yet love," Harry asked from the door way that lead to chilly outdoors. Lillian jumped in fright, not suspecting Harry.

Harry tried to give a well deserved apology, but he couldn't manage. He hitched in a sharp breath at the sight of Lillian. Her dolled up appearance had caught him. He hadn't been used to seeing her this way, and he found her stunning. It wasn't due to her makeup or her outfit, but the genuine glow that surrounded her. "Wow, you look gorgeous, beautiful even," he said. He was unable to take his eyes off of her. He was purely blinded by her.

"Thanks." Lillian turned from him to hide her blushing face. "Will you tell me now where we are going," she asked in a demanding tone to distract herself.

"Well, I wanted to have a good time with my best friend, a day she wouldn't forget. I figure instead of taking you to one place, why not go to as many places as possible," he said with a huge smile.

"So you're not sure yet are you," she asked, grabbing her purse.

"Not the slightest clue, Lillybeth," he said laughing loudly. "Shall we," he asked.

Lillian nodded and took his hand in hers. She pulled him from her closet out to the rest of her home. Harry attempted to stop and ask her questions about the little things that he thought interesting, but Lillian refused. She simply dragged him along until they made it out the front door of her house.

~~~

The day had gone great so far, but the two felt it had gone by much too fast. They first went to one of Harry's favorite restaurants for brunch. It was nothing more than a small diner, but it was absolutely perfect in Lillian's mind. Two shared a cozy booth along with a royal English brunch. After, Lillian begged him to let her go to the book store. The two spent hours tangled in a window seat, engaged in proper novels. However, there was a break in time whilst Lillian looked at fashion magazines and Harry looked at a few of the dirty ones. Next, they strolled the streets and looked through a few shops, followed by tea in the park. At the park, they sat on the swings and talked for the longest about nothing.

Snow soon began to drizzle from the open sky. The two decided to step inside for a bit for a cup of hot chocolate at a near by cafe. After they indulged in their hot chocolate, it soon grew dark. Harry then took Lillian to a carnival that was passing through the town. They rode childish rides and allowed themselves some junk food. The air was crisp and clear, just chilly enough for there be an excuse to snuggle close on the Ferris wheel. The night then dwindled down, and Harry suggested they make once last stop before heading home, his job.

They walked along a few streets before the bakery came into sight. It was about to close as the two walked through the doors, a jingling bell signaled their entrance. A few customers sat around the register, waiting to pick up their orders, but it was mostly empty.

The atmosphere held a cozy characteristic. The walls were a warm burgundy colour and a dark granite covered the counters. Metal tables and vanity styled chairs sat throughout the space and a sugary smell loomed in the background.

"Harry, what a nice surprise on your day off," the owner said, walking over to the pair. "Who is this that you've brought with you?"

"Lillian," Harry said, smiling. "She's a good friend of mine."

"It's nice meeting you, Lillian, but I was on my out." She shook Lillian's hand, a motherly glimmer in her eyes. She then turned to Harry and gave him a stern look. "Harry, you can stay as long as you clean up when you're done. Please, don't forget to turn everything off before you lock up," the owner said as she was walking out the door.

"No problem, boss," Harry said in a cheeky way.

"Alright, you two have a nice night," she said, walking out into the night.

Harry took an apron from off of the hooks that sat on a neighboring wall and stood behind the counter. He then helped the last few customers with a polite attitude. After the last person let, he began to look at Lillian from the other side of the counter, looking at her in an adoring way.

Lillian quickly covered her face. She started to feel self conscience and thought there was something wrong.

"Why are you doing that for," Harry asked. He pulled her hands from her face. "I only stare because I'm captivated by your beauty." Lillian laughed.

"That's possibly the corniest thing I've ever heard." She threw her head back with more laughter. "You've been minding your p's and q's quite nicely today, but that was off the charts."

"Lillybeth, I'm only saying what comes to mind, and when I look at you, I see true beauty."

"You are certainly on a roll, mister!" She hit him playfully. "Now stop with these lies, Harry. I can promise you won't make friends that way." Lillian shook her head and hoped onto the counter top.

"You stop." Harry leaned against the counter on his forearms. "It's very disappointing."

"What on earth are you talking about?" Lillian furrowed her eyebrows. She turned her head so she could get a better look at him.

"When someone tries to give you a compliment you tear yourself down. Just take the compliment, it's rude not to." He sounded hurt. He now sat on the counter as well, his legs crossed "Indian style".

"I would, but it's foreign territory." Lillian mimicked Harry's seating style. "I'm sorry you feel so strongly about it." Harry put both of his hands up and began to shake them in protest to her words.

"Don't apologize, Lillybeth!" His voice was louder than he expected, causing them both to jump. "You better get used to it, babe. You're a beautiful girl, and I promise you the world won't let you forget that. I can already tell you're going to do well in the long run." His smiled turned sideways in a way that made him look determined. The look in his eyes softened in a way that shook the chill from the room. He was making it harder for Lillian to disagree.

Lillian bit her lip as Harry licked his, a clear indication that their lips were yearning to be reunited once again. A figurative spark lit the room and their lips touched. Their active hands began to roam the other's body as they laid across the counter top. However, the two failed to realize how thin the counter truly was causing them to fall to the floor with a clatter. They laughed with pure enjoyment at their mindlessness.

"I suppose that wasn't my best idea," Harry said. He stood to his feet, brushing himself off. He then took hold of Lillian's hands and pulled her to her full height. "Would you like to make something," he asked, walking around the kitchen.

"Cookies would be lovely. They've always been my favourite." Lillian looked at him with a sparkle in her eyes. A huge smile spread across her face as she began to think of cherished childhood memories.

"Alright, calm yourself. I think we can do that," he said. He began to scatter around through all the cupboards to find all the correct ingredients. He laid them across the large baking area.

"Come on, I'm going to teach you how to make a proper chocolate chip cookie." He grabbed Lillian's hand and pulled her closer to him. He put her body in front of the counter while he stood behind, moving her hands to guide her.

"I don't think I'm doing this right." Lillian's hands were covered in a mess of chocolate chips and a brown mush.

"You're doing great, babe," he said. He pushed his hips farther into her, giving her more guidance. "I think you've got the hang of it." He let go of her and took a took a step back.

"Are you sure?" Lillian looked over her shoulder with a worried look.

"I'm positive," he said laughing at her. "You're so cute."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. "Am I done?" She showed him the dough. He examined it closely. He waited a few minutes before dipping his finger into the bowl and tasting it.

"Perfect," he said with a proper nod. "Now all we need to do is put them on the baking sheet and then put them in the oven." He reached over Lillian's head to obtain the baking sheet that was placed on the top shelf. He sat it on the counter next to the mixing bowl.

"Or," Lillian trailed off. A devilish look filled her face. She now held the mixing bowl in her hands.

"Or what," he said. He leaned down to rest his head on her shoulder and hugged her from behind.

"We could do something I've always really wanted to do."

"What is that Lillybeth," he asked as he began to sway them both from side to side.

"A little something like-." She placed her free hand into the cookie dough. "A food fight!" He tiny voice grew into a proper shout as she threw a bit of the cookie dough onto Harry. "I thought you would have seen that one coming Mr. Styles, since you are always so insight of things." He tone was bold and sarcastic.

"Oh you are so cheeky," he said. He threw some flour in her direction.

"Oh my gosh, you really want to die don't you," she said laughing. She grabbed some eggs from the carton. "It's on."

She heaved the eggs into his direction before taking cover with a baking sheet. They carried on like this for several minutes. It wasn't long before they were both on the floor and covered in food. Their laughter filled the empty building.

"Alright, I think we'd ought to be on our way. My mum must be worrying by now." He stood and held out a hand for Lillian. He helped her from the floor once again.

"What about this mess," she asked as she attempted to wipe her clothes.

"I'll come by in the morning. It's not a big deal." He slipped his hand into her and walked towards the door.

"Are you sure that will be okay?" Lillian looked back at the huge mess they had created. She suddenly felt awful for her foolish actions.

"Yes, it'll be fine. Now stop worrying." He chuckled at how passionate she had became. He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes to reassure her.

"Alright." She drug the word out as she began to play with the few strands of hair the framed her face.

Lillian lead the way out of the bakery, Harry locking the door, and began to walk home. They filled the distance with meaningless conversation. Lillian was truly falling for this boy, and she wasn't frightened by it. This was the boy that she shared her first romantic relationship with, but it wouldn't last as long as she had hoped.

They made it safely back to Harry's house, but were scolded by Harry's mother. She had been worried sick about the two for they hadn't bothered to call home. Harry promptly apologized and thanked his mother for giving him and Lillian the day. Lillian and Harry then went up to Harry's room.

Harry and Lillian changed into some of Harry's pajamas and laid on his bed. They both still had flour and other ingredients all over out bodies, but were too tired to mind. They snuggled comfortably with Lillian's head rested on Harry's chest while Harry's arm wrapped around her torso. They laid in darkness silently for a while with one of Harry's famous playlists playing softly in the background.

"Today was the best day of my life, thank you." Lillian looked up into Harry's eyes. It was dark so she could barely see, but she could tell he was smiling.

"You're welcome," he finally said. Another warm silence had come between them. "Lillybeth," he asked.

"Yes?"

"Would you ever hate me?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I wouldn't hate you, you're my best friend and so much more." Lillian sat up, alarmed by the question. She had never put any thought into it before, but the answer had came quickly to her.

"No, what if I did something really terrible?" Harry put his hand to his mouth and began to mess with his bottom lip. He felt nervous for the first time in a long while.

"Something like?" Her question lingered in the room.

"Broke your heart," he said trailing off. "Would you hate me?"

"Not forever," she said casually. Harry grew silent, causing her to laugh. "I'm kidding! I could never hate you Hazza, never. Remember that."

"Are you sure? You swear to it, you'll never hate me?"

"I swear! I pinky promise! I'll do whatever you want me to to prove that I will never hate you. You have given so much to me that I could never fathom hating you." She playfully hit him in hope of easing the tension. "Why do you ask? What have you done?" Lillian became inquisitive and suspicious of Harry's motives.

"Nothing, nothing-- yet." He spoke the word "yet" so that only he could hear it. "I just want to make sure that if I ever do anything to hurt you by accident or anything that I won't lose you forever," he said intertwining his fingers with hers.

"You won't lose me, I promise." She whispered as she laid back down and began to close her eyes.

However, she couldn't escape the feeling that something was wrong. The balance of the room had been thrown completely off, but she couldn't place what it was. If only she knew then what she would know later. In fact, it wasn't him that should have been worried about losing her, but Lillian should have been preparing to lose Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys rock! Thank you so so much for reading because you're awesome. Okay love you bye.

-Danixx