Status: Practically completed.

Asked to Compromise

Fourteen

I stomped into Haner’s math class on Monday afternoon. I threw my bag on the floor and sat at a desk, keeping my eyes off of him. If I looked at him, something was going to go down. I ignored everyone’s childish giggling.

“You’re late,” Haner said.

“I don’t give a fuck,” I said harshly.

“You’re going to watch your language in my classroom,” He shot at me.

“Yo, give her a break, she probably had to go change her tampon and that’s why she’s late,” Some boy in the back said.

I turned in my seat slowly, giving a death glare to the kid.

“It’s just PMS, Mr. Haner,” A blonde said, popping her gum.

I shot my glare towards her. I was almost shaking from how pissed I was and my adrenaline started to kick in.

“Bitch, say something else,” I started, rising up out my seat.

“Alright, that’s enough!” Haner shouted, trying to stop it before it happened. Everyone quieted down.

“Bet the bitch won’t do shit though,” The blonde girl added under her breath in the silence.

“The hell I won’t,” I said, lunging over the desks and punching her in her face.

“Oh shit!” Everyone started yelling and jumping out their seats.

I grabbed her hair, dragging her to the floor repeatedly punching and kicking her. I knocked over a few desks, dragging her across the floor and then banging her head into a desk.

“Stop, STOP!” Haner yelled, breaking through the small crowd to get to us.

“You’re such a fucking bitch,” I screamed at her, hitting her over and over.

“I SAID THAT’S ENOUGH!” Haner screamed, grabbing me roughly and yanking me away. A clump of her hair came with me too.

“Bet you won’t talk shit again, bitch,” I seethed, thrashing in his arms.

Sullivan ran into the classroom, trying to calm everyone down from their yelling and laughing. I got a glimpse of him kneeling down to help the bitch before Haner dragged me out the classroom.

“I wasn’t fucking finished!” I yelled. “Let me go!”

“I’m not letting you go until you calm down, Priscilla,” Haner said calmly in my ear.

It was a very awkward position the way he was holding me from behind, trying to keep me in his grip. I somehow got the strength to get him off of me and ran towards the closed door. I kicked it when I realized it was locked.

“You fucking locked it,” I shouted.

“Priscilla, calm down,” He said.

“Fuck off, man,” I paced up and down the hall, throwing punches at the lockers and the walls before everything went black.
-
The next thing I knew I was sitting in Sander’s office right in front of his desk. He glared at me, and I glared at him.

“We do not tolerate what happened today, Priscilla,” He started.

“She deserved it--” I started.

“No,” He cut me off. “I don’t care who deserved it. I do not tolerate any kind of violence or assault in my school. That student is now in the nurse’s office with a bloody lip and a possible concussion. That was an assault.”

I could barely remember the whole thing because I usually black out during any fight but I refrained from smirking at the mention of her injuries.

“That bitch was talking shit about last Friday night and---”

That bitch, her name is Emmalee,” He stated.

“I don’t give a fuck what the hell her name is,” I said.

“Stop, you will not disrespect me or anyone else with that language. Now, you will not be able to go off campus for the next two weeks and you best not get into another confrontation with anyone. Mr. Haner will give you a punishment he thinks is best.”

“Whatever,” I shrugged. “Can I go now?”

“Yes, and you might want to go to the nurse for your hand,” He added.

I looked down at my hands, noticing a few scratches and scrapes marks for the first time.

“I heard you hit those lockers pretty hard,” He said.

I scoffed, “That’s not the only thing I hit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Some actual fight action there.