Status: Practically completed.

Asked to Compromise

Fifteen

“You wanna let your anger out, we’re gonna do it a different way.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I should’ve hit you.”

“Sweetheart, you don’t want to do that,” He said.

What form of punishment was this? I don’t do actual punishments so he was likely out of his mind. But still, he instructed me to wear my gym shorts and a t-shirt. And he wanted me to meet him after the school day was over, by the track and the gym. I met him there, where he’d changed out of his button down and slacks from school to a plain v-neck t-shirt and jeans.

“You’re going to do as I say, you hear me?” He started. “You’re going to do ten laps around there and you don’t stop.” He pointed to the empty track.

“Fuck if I will,” I scoffed and began to walk away.

He quickly grabbed my arm, making it hurt a little in his grip. “You might want to do this, because your next punishment will be worse.”

I refused to let fear show in my eyes because in a moment, the look he was giving me was scary. He dropped my arm and gave me a push towards the track.

“Go, ten laps,” He said. “You don’t get any breaks.”

I groaned inwardly and began to jog the first lap.

-
I could see now why there were rumors that this school was like boot camp.

“Don’t stop, keep going!”

“I’m tired!” I screamed, slowing down to a walk.

“I don’t care, keep going! Every time you complain, add another lap,” Haner yelled back at me.

My legs ached and felt like jello after four laps. I wasn’t used to running this much and I knew it was going to hurt even worse tomorrow. I bent over with my hands on my knees, nearly puking.

“Priscilla, get back around the track! You can do laps all into the night if you want,” Haner said with sarcasm. “Six more to go, let’s go!”

I sucked in a breath and tried to push through it, starting a jog. I wouldn’t let him see me cry or think I’m weak. I can do these laps.

By the time I finished the final lap, I was nearly ready to collapse on the ground. My thighs burned like nothing else I’d ever felt. It seemed like I was running forever.

“Took a while, but good,” Haner said, looking at his watch. “You better get used to it, we’ll be doing this every day.”

I scoffed. As if he thought I was really going to run around this track ten times every day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Random filler, I don't know. Just wanted to put something out there. I'm trying to update at least every weekend.