Status: Work in Progress

Physical Therapy

Presents and Parents

Geno’s POV

It felt like December was flying by and tomorrow my parents were coming into town. I could tell Roxy is nervous about meeting them even if she isn’t telling me.

“Babe, need to relax” I said as I watched her wipe down the counters for the fourth time.

“I’m relaxed” she said with a tight smile

“You clean when nervous” I said with a smile and she stopped cleaning instantly

“Ok, I might be a little nervous, can you blame me?” she asked

“No” I said as I made my way to her “How ‘bout I help relax you?”

“And what are you suggesting?” she asked with a smirk on her face.

“I want you to myself, before parents get here” I whispered in her ear then nibbled on her earlobe.

“Mmm, that sounds like a great idea” she said as I made my way across her neck and to her lips. As I kissed her I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist and I carried her upstairs to my bedroom.

***************************************

Hours later I had my arms wrapped around her while we lay in bed and watched some TV.

“What you want for Christmas?” I asked during a commercial break.

“I don’t need anything, I have everything I want” she said and gave me a small peck.

“No, want something” I said because I was stumped when it came to shopping for her. She is the only one I had left but I couldn’t find the perfect gift.

“Whatever you get me I will love,” she said as she lay her head back down on my chest “just nothing expensive”

“Ok” I said but that didn’t help me out a lot, I guess I would have to talk to Sarah.

“What do you want?” she asked after a few minutes of silence.

“You, naked, in bed” I said and I tried to keep my face serious but I cracked a smile.

“I will work on that, anything else?” she asked with a smile.

“Whatever you get I love” I said repeating her words with a smile.

**********************************************

The next morning I actually woke up before Roxy and slipped out of bed. I grabbed her phone and walked out of the room while searching for Sarah’s number.

It rang a few times before she answered “You better be dying” she said and I could tell I woke her up.

“Sarah” I said but before I could get anything else out she cut me off

“What happened? Is she okay? Where are you?” she ranted

“Roxy fine, I just call to ask about a present for her” I said as I made my way downstairs so I didn’t wake her up.

“Oh, okay. What were you thinking?” she asked and I could tell she was calmer.

“Nothing expensive but I want to get something nice. Do you have ideas?” I asked

“She may say she doesn’t want anything expensive but I saw her looking at this necklace in a window while we were at the mall last week”

“Really? Can we meet so you show me and I buy it for her?” I asked as I got out a bowl for cereal.

“Yeah, what are you doing today?”

“Um parents get in at three, nothing before” I said as I fixed my cereal.

“How about we meet at the main entrance to the mall at one?”

“Perfect” I said then I heard feet on the stairs “See you then, bye” then hung up right before Roxy entered the kitchen.

“Who was that?” she asked as she her cereal ready.

“Oh um” I said trying to find an excuse “Sarah called; she didn’t know what get Sid. I didn’t want wake you so I answered” I said and shrugged while looking down because if I lifted my head she would know I was lying.

“Oh ok, what did you tell her?” she asked

“Said to get TV movies”

“Get what?”
“TV on DVD?”

“Oh got it, what TV series?”

“Friends” I said because that is the only show I know he likes for sure.

“That would be nice” she said as I got up to put my bowl in the dishwasher. “What are you doing today?”

“Um, practice little, and then pick up parents at three”

“Speaking of that, when they are here I will stay at my apartment” she said as she finished her cereal.

“What, why?” I asked

“Wont it be weird me sleeping over while they are here?”

“No” I said “Why think that?”

“I don’t know, I just don’t want them to judge me” she said quietly as she put her bowl in the dishwasher. She wouldn’t look at me so I pulled her face up to look into her eyes. They were wet with tears and I felt my heart breaking.

“Why judge you?” I asked

“I’m scared they are going to think I am a slut just using you for your money. I want them to like me and if that means keeping my distance then that is what I will do” she said and I could see she was really scared about this.

I brushed away the tears that fell and kissed her softly “I want you here, don’t care what they think. But I know they love you, just be self”

She nodded her head before whispering a soft “I’ll try”

“I love you, no one change that” I said and gave her another kiss.

“I love you too, you are too good to me” she said as I rested my forehead against hers.

**************************************
By one I was with Sarah, in a jewelry store in the local mall with a jacket, hat and sunglasses still on. I didn’t want anyone to recognize me and get stuck signing autographs for an hour. We were both looking around and I found myself in the rings section. Looking at all the beautiful rings I imagined Roxy with a diamond on her finger.

“I don’t think you two are ready for that yet” Sarah said from behind me.

“I know but I want to be” I said still looking at the rings. “Can’t wait to be married and have kids”

“In general or with my sister?” she asked as we made our way to the necklace section.

“With Roxy, I want to see her pregnant with my baby” I told her as she pointed to the necklace Roxy liked. It was beautiful, it was a simple and I could see her wearing it.

“What does symbol mean?” I asked Sarah

“It is the infinity symbol, meaning forever” she said and I knew this was her present for Christmas.

“Perfect” I said looking at the necklace and signaling to the jeweler I was ready. “I want that one” I said pointing to the necklace.

“Yes sir, how are you paying for this?”

“Card” I said getting my wallet out and handing her my credit card.

“Would you like to know the price before buying it?” she asked before swiping my card

“No matter, present for girlfriend” I said

“Yes sir” she said as she swiped my card “Would you like this wrapped for the holidays?”

“Please” I said and saw Sarah looking into a case a few feet away. She was looking at a bracelet and I stored that information away for later. “How’s Sid?” I asked

“He is good, we are good” she said with a smile on her face

“If Roxy ask we talking this morning about a present for Sid” I said

“And what was your idea?”
“TV on DVD, Friends” I said and saw her nod.

“Your secret is safe with me” she smiled

“Thanks”

***********************************************
Right now I was standing outside the gate waiting for my parent’s flight to unload. When people started to get off I searched for them and finally found them.

“Mama! Papa!” I said as they approached me

“Evgeni! How are you sweetheart?” my mom asked in our native language as she gave me a huge hug.

“I’m great mama. How are you? Good trip?” I replied back and gave my dad a hand shake and hug.

“Oh yes, it was fine” she said as we made our way to baggage claim.

“Good” I said and turned to my father “How are you dad?”

“I’m fine Evgeni. Little tired and hungry” he said

“Good, Roxy is making her famous meatloaf and mashed potatoes” I said with a grin.

“She not here?” my mom asked and looked around.

“No, she is at the house cooking and freaking out” I said with a chuckle

“Freaking out? Why?” dad asked

“I will tell you in the car” I said as the luggage started to come out. After getting their luggage and loading it into the car, we were on our way home.

“So why is she freaking out?” my father asked as soon as we started driving.

“She thinks you will not like her” I said with a sigh

“Why?” mom asked

“She is scared you will think she is a gold digger and only wants me for my name and money” I said

“What did you tell her?”

“I said to be herself and you would love her and that I loved her no matter what anyone says” I said and looked at both of them, my father in the passenger seat and my mother through the rearview mirror. They both nodded their heads in understanding. We talked about life in Russia and what is new in their lives for the rest of the ride.

“She is nervous so try to make her feel comfortable” I said to them as we turned down my street.

“Of course” mom said “How is her Russian?” she asked, knowing I was teaching her from our emails and phone calls.

“She is learning she knows some basic words and phrases” I said as we got out and unloaded the suitcases.

“Good” dad said

I opened the door and we made our way inside from the cold “Rox?” I yelled

“In the living room” she said back and I could hear the slight tremble in her voice. We put the suitcases by the stairs and made our way to the living room. I walked in to see her sitting on the edge on the couch and her leg bouncing.

“Hey baby” I said and she stood up. I gave her a hug and a peck on the lips, I also whispered into her ear “Breathe, it be fine” I felt her take a deep breath and pull away.

“Thank you” she said, I took her hand in mine and turned to my parents.

“Mama, Papa this is Roxy; Roxy this is Mama and Papa” I said and gave her hand a squeeze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay. It was my birthday then I started this chapter last weekend and then got writers block and couldn't think of anything to write. I am very sorry and I hope you all accept my apology :) I had an amazing birthday and got a Kindle Fire!!
Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it :)

Kirsten :)