Status: Work in Progress

Physical Therapy

Derek

Roxy’s POV

I am picking up Derek today and I am really excited. He lands at one and since today was an early skate both Geno and I are done for the day and will be picking him up.

“You ready to go?” I ask Geno

“Yeah, let’s go” he says as he stands up and slips on a light coat and his shoes. We drive in mostly silence but it is the nice silence not awkward. We get there right at one and Derek texts me a few minutes later that he is on his way to baggage.

“So what are you doing for week?” Geno asks as we wait

“I’m not sure, I think we will see the sights and I will show him around. Maybe get tickets to the game on Friday?” I ask with a smile and batting eyelashes.

“Of course” he says and gives me a kiss.

“Ehm” I hear and turn to see Derek standing there with his eyebrows raised and a smile on his face.

“Derek!” I say and jump into his arms for a hug. He squeezes tight and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

“I have missed you” he says when he puts me down. He turns to Geno and holds out a hand “Hey, I’m Derek and you must be the boyfriend”

“Yes, Evgeni” he says and shakes his hand with a small smile.

“You can call him Geno” I say and smile at Geno, saying play nice with my eyes and he gives me a smile back.

“So fan of hockey?” Geno asks and I smile at the fact that he is trying.

“Not at first but growing up and spending so much time with this one I became a fan” Derek says back and I see a weird look cross G’s face but disappears as fast as it came.

“Well lucky for you that Geno can get us tickets for this Friday’s game and I will ask for the night off so we can watch together” I say as we make our way to the car.

“Thanks man” he says and gives Geno a pat on the shoulder.

“No problem” he says before loading up the car and we all pile in.

We spend the car ride catching up and talking about his new job he got with a lawyer’s office back home. We get to mine and Sarah’s apartment to get him settled before going out to explore. We spent the day seeing the sights and doing touristy things, now we are sitting down to dinner at one of Geno and mines favorite restaurants.

“So how is Kari?” I ask about Derek’s latest girlfriend.

“We broke up” he says

“Oh, what happened?” I ask

“We both wanted different things” he says and gives me a weird look.

“That too bad” Geno says interrupting us.

We spent the rest of the night catching up and talking about what I was missing while I have been gone. I excused myself to the rest room and when I came back they both had looks of anger on their faces but covered them up when I sat back down. I decided to ignore it for right now and get info from G later.

“Ready to go?” G asked after he paid the bill

“Yeah, I am tired” I say with a yawn

We drive to my apartment and drop off Derek and make our way to his house.

“So what happened when I went to the bathroom?” I ask not looking at him

“Nothing”

“Bullshit” I say and turn to him “I saw both of your faces when I came back”

“He say something I don’t like” he said and tightened his hands on the steering wheel.

“Like what?”

“He better than me, he better for you, stuff like that” he says

“He wouldn’t say that” I say as we turn into him neighborhood

“I lying?” he asks me

“I don’t know” I say

“Why would I lie?”

“Why would he say those things?” I ask back

“HE LOVE YOU!” he practically shouted as we pulled into his garage.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before I got out of the car and walked into the house silently.

“Babe?” he asks he follows me into the living room. “Say something”

“You are wrong” I say and I hear him sigh and collapse on the couch.

“Why don’t believe me?” he asks

“I have known Derek forever, we grew up together,”

“Exactly, how he not fall in love?” he asks

“Stop, we see each other as brother and sister” I say with a shake of the head and blush a little at his comment about falling in love with me.

“He see you more than sister” he says

“I don’t see it but you have a right to your opinion” I say “I am tired, coming to bed?”

“Yeah, I be there in minute” he says and flips the TV on to the NHL network.

“Don’t be too long” I say and make my say upstairs. I get ready for bed and I guess I dozed off because the next thing I remember is Geno crawling in bed behind me.

“Go back to sleep” he whispers into my neck.

I turn around to face him and look into his eyes and say “Ev, you are the man I love and even if Derek does like me I would never do something to ruin us”

“I love you too baby” he says and gives me a kiss “Go to sleep”

“Night” I say and kiss his chest right over his heart

“Night” he says and we slip into a deep sleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The next morning I am woken up my pains in my stomach area and go into the bathroom.

“Fuck my life” I say as I realize my period has started. “Geno” I call out and get no response

“Ev?” I try again a little louder.

“EVGENI!” I yell to wake him up.

“What?” he asks coming into the bathroom rubbing his eyes.

“What day is it?” I ask

“What?”

“What is the date?”

“Um…20 I think” he says

“Can you go get my purse, it is downstairs by the door” I ask

“What’s wrong?”

“I need my purse” I say again knowing I have an extra tampon in there.

“I might have what you need” he says opening up a cabinet above the sink.

“Well unless you have a box of tampons in there you can’t help me!” I snap at him.

“Oh, be back” he says with flushed cheeks and leaves the bathroom.

He comes back with my purse and hands it to me “Anything else?” he asks.

“Can you get me a glass of water and some medicine? I will be down in a minute” I say

“Sure” he says and leaves without looking at me.

I make my way downstairs to find Geno on the couch with Dixie, eating some cereal, and watching the news.

“I didn’t mean to snap at you or make you uncomfortable” I say entering the living room after I had taken the pills.

“Is fine, need to get comfortable” he says and flashes me a smile.

“It my hormones and cramps make me crabby” I say and curl up on the couch and pet Dixie who climbs into my lap.

He finishes his cereal and holds out the bowl of unfinished milk to Dixie who drinks it immediately.

“What you want for breakfast?” he asks while getting up.

“Nothing sounds good” I say

“Need to eat, toast?”

“Sure, with butter?”

“Da” he says and I can hear him rustling in the kitchen. A few minutes later he comes out carrying a plate with two pieces of buttered toast on it.

“Thank you baby” I say and bite into my toast.

“It optional today, what do you need?” he asks

“You never skip practice. I will be fine once the drugs kick in” I say

“No, I go to store, what you need?” he asks

I make him a small list of things I usually get at this time. “I love you so much” I say and give him a kiss.

“I love you too” he says and goes upstairs to get dressed.

While Geno is gone I get a call from Derek wondering if I am working today and what we are doing.
We talk for a couple of minutes about what to do today and Geno gets back from the store.

“Hang on, Geno just got back from the store” I say to him and hold the phone to my shoulder. “Hey, where should we take Derek for lunch? I was thinking of inviting Sarah on her lunch break.” I say to him

“Go to Primanti’s?” he asks as he unloads the bags.

“Ooo yeah” I say now craving a sandwich from there. “How does the famous Primanti’s sound?” I ask Derek

“I have heard of it and everyone days you should eat there if in Pittsburgh” he says

“Well I am going to call Sarah and have her meet us there for lunch and we will pick you up in like an hour” I say

“Sounds good, see you soon” he says and we hang up.

I call Sarah and she agrees to meet us for lunch in an hour. We talk for a few minutes before she has another call on the line and we hang up.

“Do you feel better?” Ev asks as he lifts my legs and sits down on the couch before putting them in his lap.

“Yeah the meds have kicked in” I say

“You hurt?” he asks

“Just my lower back a little”

“Turn over” he says

“What are you doing?” I ask as I turn onto my stomach. He doesn’t say anything but puts his hands under my shirt and starts to massage my lower back. “Oh” I moan.

“Feel good?” he asks with a chuckle.

“Like heaven” I say back and sink into the couch more. “Did you get those heat patches?” I ask in a daze.

“Yeah” he says and continues to rub my back.

“Thank you so much but I need to get up and get showered and dressed” I say as I continue to lie on the couch.

“Yeah you should” he says continuing to massage me. We stay there for a few more minutes before I sit up and climb into his lap.

“Thank you for everything” I say and give him a kiss. “You are too good to me”

“No, you deserve everything” he whispers before giving me another kiss

“I am taking a shower and getting ready, be ready to go in about 45 minutes” I say getting up and walking towards the stairs.

“Okay” he says and flips through the channels.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Lunch was going great and we were all having fun and laughing at old stories. We only got interrupted a couple of time by fans wanting Geno’s autographs.

“How do you handle it?” Derek asks me as Geno takes a picture with a teenage girl.

“Handle what?” I ask

“That your boyfriend is lusted after by thousands of girls?” he asks

“I actually find it amusing and complimentary” I say with a smile

“What?”

“Geno doesn’t really like a lot of attention, especially from girls, and I feel like those girls see the same thing I see.” I say

“Which is?” he asks with raised eyebrows

“He is a sweet, lovable, protective, and sexy man” I say as I watch him sign something for a little boy.

“Well I have to say, I have never seen you this happy” Sarah says as she eats some fries.

“I am really happy” I say with a smile.

“What make you happy?” Geno says as he joins us again.

“You” I say and he smiles back at me.

“You make me happy too” he says and leans over to give me a peck.

When he pulls back I look over to Derek and Sarah. Derek has his arms crossed and has his eyes narrowed looking out the window, while Sarah is looking at us with a warm smile on her face. Maybe Geno has a point and Derek does have feelings towards me, but as I think that Derek looks at me with a warm smile and I think ‘Nah, Geno is imagining things’.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO! Thank you for the many comments they really do make my day when someone takes time to say they like my story. I love all you and can't wait to hear what you think about this chapter.
Tell me what you think!

Kirsten :)