Status: Working on :)

Sea of Feathers

Emerald's P.O.V.

Everyone was staring at me wide eyed, "What?" I heard myself ask.
"Em... your wings." Scar said as if it was the most obvious thing to know.
"My wings?" And I saw my feathers at the corner of my eyes, my mouth gaped.
"Don't mind me," A voice croaked, "You can crush me to death."
I jumped off the boy who I landed on and immediantly pulled my wings in. The boy slowly got up, his wings out.
"Wait..." I started.
The red haired boy had wings.
There was silence until Alex spoke, "He has wings."
"Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious!" Scarlett snapped.
That seemed to tick him off, "We woulndn't be in this mess if you two wasn't being stupid!"
"Well, if Emerald didn't fall through the tree and land on that guy, we'd all be fine!"
Now the blame was pointed at me, "Ahem, excuse me? But who caught you?"
Scar froze then she blushed, pointing at the dark hair guy, "Him."
I grinned, "You're living up to your name!"
She flared, "Shut up, Emmy!"
"What did you call me?"
She stuck her tongue out at me. I went toward her, ready to tackle her, but a wing came and hit me in the back of the head, making Scarlett headbutt me. She must have been headbutted too.
"Ow!" We both yelled, then glared at Alex. We both smacked him on the back of his head with our wings, making him face plant the ground.
"Okay, what the hell is going on!" A shrill voice came in.
All of our heads turned toward the blond girl talking. Well, except Alex since he was trying to get off the ground. We all went silent. "Umm..." Scar started trying to figure out where to start.
"Who are you?" The blond demanded.
"Emerald." I pointed at myself.
"Scarlett." Scar spoke.
"Alexandrite." Alex grunted, patting himself down.
"And you are?" I asked.
The girl froze, as if she wasn't expecting that question to pop up, She chewed on her lip, "Well?" Scarlett chimed in.
"Fang, Maz, Iggy, Gasman, and Nudge." The Fang boy said, pointing to each of them out.
"Fang!" Max scolded, "We can't just give out our names like that."
"What's the point? They're just like us."
"They could be working for the school!" She argued.
I snorted, "Yeah. As if."
"They can all morph and die in hell for all I care." Scar added.
Max gave us a glare. Alex stepped in, "What they're saying is that we're refugees."
"Just like us." The Gasman said, smiling.
"And we're not exactly in good terms with the School, you know?" Scar said.
"I still don't trustthem." Max said.
Jeez, cut us a break, we're just like you, I thought. I stared at each of the members of Max's Flock. They were all like models (well, we all are, but that's beside the point). The three kids: Fang; Max; and Iggy were obviously our age. I can't say Fang was my type of guy, Max was so not on the top of my 'get-along-with list.' Iggy, on the other hand, looked... oh my God, just then, when I looked into his glassy eyes, I knew he was blind.
I brought a hand to my mouth, "Oh my God."
"What?" Scar asked curiously.
"He's..." I stared
My mind clicked sharply, I had a familiar tingle run through my body. Ah, that feeling I hated, the feeling of danger.
"Head's up." I said, "Eraser's are showing."
My face went dark, and an evil grin appeared on my lips,"More fun for me."
"How do you know? SHe could be tricking us!" Max exclaimed.
"Why the hell would we joke about this? I don't like their fanged faces. No offense Fange." Scar quickly added.
"She likes your face." I added.
Scar glared at me, "Emerald!"
Her cheeks were flushed, "No time to worry about my comments."
She huffed, "I heard them." Iggy spoke, looking behind them.
"Should we fly or fight?" Scar asked.
At the same time, I said 'fight' while Alex said 'fly.'
I turned my head to glare at Alex, but my eyes caught three Erasers morphing. I grinned, "Too late, I win!"
I charged at them in full speed and glee.
♠ ♠ ♠
-sighs- what the hell is wrong with me?