Status: A work in progress, that is also being re-written because of some inconsistencies with the plot bunnies.

The Potter Twins and Hogwarts: Year One

Secrets, Punishments, and Help

Hogwarts, Minerva McGonagall’s Office, 5:30pm, Saturday, July 14th, 1991

Minerva McGonagall sat in her office at her desk, there were three others in her office as well, each standing, though there were three chairs, as one had been conjured for each of them. However, they had been vacated because she just told them that she had been visiting Harry and Ivy Potter just a little while ago, and had been visiting them every summer since they turned eight years old. The three in the room were naturally shocked, but what surprised her was the fact that they had started yelling questions at her. She let it go on for a minute longer before telling them all to shut up and sit down.

“You’re all adults so act like it.” Minerva said, she had been tempted to give them detentions, because they were acting like children. “Now, I know you have questions, so go ahead and ask, but one at a time. I can’t answer them if you shout them at me, and don’t give me time to answer.”

Poppy Pomfrey, a young looking, average height, and weight, witch, with brown hair, mostly hidden by her nurses hat, though some hair framed her face. She has very lightly tanned skin, giving her a healthy look, and was the first to speak. “Minerva, why did you go when Albus forbid it?” She asked.

“I went because I was, and still am, worried about them. I just know that they aren’t treated well, but I can’t do anything without them saying anything. I can’t bring them here because of suspicions, and Ivy hasn’t said anything, neither has Harry.” Minerva answered sitting back in her chair with a sigh.

Filius Flitwick, due to his goblin blood, was distinguishingly short and if you stood him next to any one over thirteen years old, his head would only be waist high. He has brown hair in a bowler cut, and a brown mustache, and healthy, despite being pale, skin. “How have you been visiting them?” He asked in his squeaky voice.

“I’ve been going as my animagus.” Minerva answered.

“Then how have they answered any of your questions?” He asked.

“Ivy can understand felines, and answers my questions. She also tell Harry whatever I say or ask, so he may answer as well.” She replied.

“That’s an interesting ability. Can Harry do anything like it?” Poppy asked, curiously.

“Yes, he can understand canines.” Minerva answered, “And I want to let you all know, they are both, Parselmouths.”

“What, how?” Filius squeaked shocked.

“I don’t know, the only one who does, I don’t want to tell, because I’ll be asked how I know, and I don’t want to stop seeing them.” Minerva answered.

Severus Snape, a tall and slim, man, with shoulder length black hair, a slightly, as though it was broken and didn’t heal right, hooked nose, and caracole black eyes, with alabaster skin, spoke next. His voice was baritone though it was smoother then silk. “And just why have you decided to tell us, a three year old secret?” He asked, raising an eyebrow just a hair.

Minerva sighed, “Because Severus, I trust you all, you are all my friends, and I felt the time was right.”

“What have they been calling you?” Poppy asked, “I doubt you told them your real name, or any variation of it.”

“They would always ask but I never told them what to call me till today. They call me Tatyana.” Minerva answered.

“Clever,” Filius said, “but what had they been calling you before that?”

“Well, when I first met them, they called me Kitty, but I put a stop to that right quick. They tried a few other names, but I never liked them, so they really didn’t call me anything other than cat. Today, Ivy decided to find out what I wanted to be called. So after telling them they could only refer to me as a silver colored cat if anyone asked, I told them to call me Tatyana.” She explained. “That way it gave them a way to talk about me, without me getting into trouble by Albus, should he ever over hear.”

“There is another reason you told us, isn‘t there?” Severus said, having watched her long enough, to know she wanted to share something with them but wanted them to ask about it first.

“Yes, there is. Ivy showed me a talent of hers tonight. I wanted to show you all.” Minerva said, and she pulled a small pensive, out of her bottom desk drawer. She carefully set it in the middle of her desk, then put her wand to her temple and a few seconds later pulled a silvery string out of her head, and placed it into the pensive.

“That is the memory from when she started to when it ended.” Minerva said, then looked directly at Severus. “You’d be surprised at what you see, and don’t see Severus. So, when you watch, try to be impartial.”

Severus narrowed his eyes, “And what makes you think I will watch it?”

“I don’t think you will, I know you will, because you are curious despite what your face and tone show. Now, satisfy your curiosity.”

After a few more minutes of Severus glaring, he finally gave up. The three of them, Severus, Filius, and Poppy, all leaned toward the pensive, and in a moment were sucked into the memory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at Number 4, Privet Drive at about 6pm

As the two Professor’s and Med-Witch, where pulled into the memory from earlier that day, Vernon Dursley had just made it home. Petunia rushed over to him, and explained everything that she had witnessed, that she hadn‘t been able to tell him over the phone, for fear of anyone finding out. Vernon’s face turned white, then red, and was quickly turning purple, as Petunia rushed back into the house, with him following.

There was a resounding slam of the front door, that woke the twins, who up until then had slept rather peacefully, and caused them to jerk awake, before sharing a quick look of fright. The slamming of the front door was nothing compared to the opening of the cupboard, and the resounding bang that followed as the door slammed into the wall. The force behind the impact, literally shook most of the walls in the house, making some of the pictures on the wall go crooked, and a few others fall and shatter.

Both Harry and Ivy looked up at Vernon with fear very clear on their faces. They instinctively knew that this ‘punishment’ was going to be bad, about as bad, if not worse, if the vein on Vernon’s forehead was anything to judge by, then when they had both found themselves on the school roof, after wishing for a way to escape Dudley and his gang. There were no questions shouted for an explanation, there was no shouts of ‘Freak’ or ‘Brat’, or any words from Vernon. Instead without a word, he grabbed Harry and Ivy by the front of their shirt and dress respectively, and yanked them out of the cupboard, causing both to smack their foreheads into the top of the door frame. Instantly tears began to form in their eyes, though they didn‘t fall, and a major headache followed shortly after.

There weren’t many thoughts that the twins had, or even had a chance to think as they were thrown into the kitchen door. There was enough force to make them both crash through the door, and slide a bit into the kitchen itself. Not to mention the fact that since both were let go at the same time, they both not only hit the door, but they had also collided into each other. Now that they both were out of the cupboard, and away from Vernon, he started shouting.

“You bloody, ungrateful, thieving, Freaks!” Vernon all but roared, as he stomped towards them, while they both lay, more than a bit dazed, on the kitchen floor. “I bring you into my home, put clothes on your backs, and food into your mouths, and you have the nerve to-”

“Clothes that are Dudley’s ugliest hand-me-downs and couldn‘t even be used as a rag, and food that is so little a rat would barely survive, or so stale or moldy you risk food poisoning just by looking at it!” Both Harry and Ivy yelled in synchronization, which caused two things, both equally very bad for the two children.

The first was Vernon shutting up, which was good for Vernon, but bad, for the twins. Good for Vernon, because at the rate he was going the neighbors would have called the police, effectively getting him sent to jail, and bad because the neighbors hadn’t called the police, effectively making it so Vernon could continue his punishment. The second thing that happened was Vernon went so far into his rage that his face took on a whole new color, one neither Harry nor Ivy could identify.

If asked later why they had basically waved a neon red flag in front of an already extremely furious bull, they wouldn’t really remember, but for those who may have seen the memories, or witnessed the events that happened that night, before they pretty much signed their death certificates, they would blame it on the concussion from getting their heads slammed into the door jam of the cupboard. However, concussion or not, Harry and Ivy both knew it was an extremely very bad thing to say. Since after having said that Vernon’s punishment continued. Though a lot more violent than before, as he went back to throwing the two around the house, while making sure to hit as many solid objects, as he could. Such as the stove, the kitchen island, the kitchen table though that slid across the room and only stopped when it hit the wall on the other side, oh yes and let’s not forget the actual wall itself, just to name a few.

Time seemed to move very differently, as the two children were thrown around and into things, and then being viciously kicked. It felt as if it had been hours since the both of them were in the back yard, with Tatyana, but it most likely was only a half hour, to an hour at the most. Then again, time means very little when you can only hear the sounds of your sister screaming in pain, as she was thrown into the corner table, breaking the table and the vase of flowers that had been sitting on it. And watching in helplessness, as she then landed in a mess of water, wilting red roses, clear glass that was slowly getting stained red, wooden splinters, and bigger pieces of wood.

Time also has very little meaning when you watch your brother getting beaten by various broken pieces of furniture, and watching the sick satisfaction come across the face of the monster, whenever it hears the screams of pain as another bone breaks. They would be hard pressed to say what happened after that, since both of them where constantly fading into unconsciousness at odd times, only for more unrelenting pain bring them back.

As it was they couldn’t remember if the back door had been open, or if they had both been thrown through one of the glass doors. But they did vaguely remember the pain of more bones breaking, and the sickening sounds of mud squishing beneath them, and the screams turned whimpers as their voices gave out, when they landed. They slightly remembered feeling as if they slid a bit do to, both the force, and the softness of the ground. They also recalled the cold feel of heavy rain falling on their bodies, as they lay on their sides, half their faces covered in mud that mixed with the blood, and tears, and got into their many open wounds.

They didn’t know how long they were left lying there broken and bleeding in the mud, and heavy rain, before they were once again being moved, or rather thrown around. All they knew by the time they went back into their cupboard, was that they were dirty, silently crying, broken, and bleeding profusely. Hoping beyond hope, that if they wished, or pleaded for the same thing, their ‘Wish Magic’ would help them. They silently pleaded for help, as both of them were finally allowed to succumb to the darkness that was called unconsciousness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hogwarts, Headmaster’s Office

At the same time the two children were being ‘punished’, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, was sitting in his office in a meeting with Madam Amelia Bones, Director and Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, talking over the security for the two famous students that were to come to school this year. Neither of them noticed, so deep in their discussion that they were, that a few silver objects on some bookshelves had been spinning uncontrollably, before sputtering and then stopping completely.

However, that’s not to say that nothing noticed the strange occurrence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hogwarts, Minerva McGonagall’s Office, 6:45pm

The four people in the office were having a discussion about Ivy’s control of her accidental magic. They had been going back and forth in the four way conversation that they almost didn’t notice when the walls and lights dimmed briefly. However they did notice, which ceased all conversation at once, before they asked one question at the same time, sharing a four-way look of confusion and curiosity.

“What was that?” The four asked as one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the exact same time the walls and torches of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry dimmed and flickered, miles and miles away, two badly beaten children disappeared, with a loud and ominous crack. The only thing left behind, was an indented, and cracked down the middle, cupboard door, and blood, that had been starting to creep out from underneath the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I was reading over this WIP and I noticed that though the chapter isn't as long as the others, there was nothing that I could have added to it that still fit with what I was going for with this chapter.

Brownie points to those who figure out where the Potters went to and who helped them.

Hoping to update soon, and apologizing profusely for the delayed update,

~Axel