Status: WRITING.

I Knew You'd Be Trouble...

Chapter 11-

"Miss Williams Unicorns do not exist." Mr Graham said pinching the bridge of his large nose. He and Joel had been having this argument for the past half an hour.
"But Sir really? You told us that you can genetically modify an animals DNA to get traits from another animal... It worked with the liger! Which were totally bred for their skills in magic." It was keeping the class from a pop quiz which everyone was glad for.
"Yes but it's unethical."
"For a pony to have a horn and let my own twisted little dreams to come true? You kind sir are a dream crusher, aren't teachers supposed to support our dreams? Mine is to ride a unicorn, and survive the zombie apocalypse by  raising a army of Chuck Norris' ANYWAYS... You are supposed to support us. And you've got to admit it would be awesome..."  
"Joel... You really do make a valid point but we must get on with the lesson."
"The lesson has 2 minutes left Mr Graham." everyone grinned as he put his hands up in defeat and let them wait for the bell to sound.
"Jolene Mr Williams would like to see you. So if you could hold back."  I nodded and signalled to Zacky to walk ahead. 
"Take a seat." my dad, or sperm donor as I liked to call him said as he barged into the room.
"No, this will be brief." I said sliding a cigarette behind my ear.
"Jolene... I don't want you hanging around with Sullivan and his crew okay? They're no good princess." he said placing his hands on my shoulders. "And I don't want you on the streets without a penny when I'm go..."
"Father I am eighteen in 5 days, I can make my own decisions perfectly well and have been doing since you practically abandoned me and mum, so if you would excuse I've got a break to enjoy." I interrupted turning on heel quickly walking from the room and punching the nearby lockers. 
I walked away quickly, trying to ignore the seeding pain blazing through my knuckles.
"Jo wait up!" I heard Brian's familiar voice call. I spun around and hit straight into his chest with an oomph.
"What was that about back there?" he asked locking his soothing brown eyes onto mine. He placed a finger to my cheek and pulled it into my eyesight, it was glistening. He pulled me into the cleaners room and sat me down on a stool.
"Tell me." he said sitting cross-legged in front of me. I shook my head and let the tears fall.
"Jo, tell me." he said again, I wiped the warm liquid from my cheeks, only for it to be replaced with more. I just squoze them shut and let my head fall into my hands.
"He's dying Bri, he's dying and I can't find it in me to even feel anything... I hate it, I hate it so much..." I cried into my hands.
"Who's dying?"
"My dad... He's got testicular Cancer... He's always at the hospital  and visiting family because he knows he's gonna go soon." Brian wrapped his arms around me, I gripped his hoody and sobbed onto his shoulder.
"It's killing me Brian, I don't know if I can cope with knowing I'll have no one to call my dad." he cuddled me close and stroked my hair.
"Jolene, I know this sounds cliché and little bit sick but it's normal to be numb, to not care... When he does go he'll always be there looking after you and your Mom... Remember that Im always there; my dad, Suzy and the guys too."
"But what about when you guys big Rock stars and I'm stuck here being a crazy whino on a park bench talking to pigeons and feeding them marshmallows?" he placed my hand over his beating heart, it thumped against my chest. 
"You're always in there..." he moved my hand to his head. "And there." 
I smiled a bit and squoze him hard.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short 'un for yeh.
-What people sound like in my part of Manchester (Wigan)
COMMENT FIX NEEDED. (11 comments to 12 or more ;))
We love you guys so much.
Don't a silent reader or Jimmy shalt not order you the allusive steak taco.
-Krystal<3