Status: WRITING.

I Knew You'd Be Trouble...

Chapter 20-

Joel's eyes shot open. The room was black with thick dark smoke.
"Jo-jo... Nee-naw." She heard McKenna shout from her crib.
"I know, let's get out of here baby." Joel said calmly bundling the baby up in her blankets and covering her head with the sheet lightly. A large cough ripped through her throat and echoed through the room. The black haired girl quickly manoeuvred out of the room.  Joel wasn't shocked to see the empty rooms filled with Amber, gold and russet flames dancing around the once beautiful room, now a grey, charred and burning hell. She ascended the stairs quickly, desperate to let the cold night air encase her and the child bodies in sweet, clear relief. As soon as the brass handle was in reach she yanked the door open and dropped to her knees as the fresh air invaded her lungs.
"JOELENE? MCKENNA?! WHERE ARE YOU?"
Brian... Joel sprung to her feet and ran back into the still ablaze house.
"BRIAN GET OUT! WE'RE SAFE!"
a loud creak and shutter pulled her back up to the second level.
"JOEL HELP IM TRAPPED!" And there in McKenna's  bedroom  lay Brian, half under the collapsed wardrobe. She ran over and lifted the scalding hot wood from his body, her skin charring and sticking to it.
Brian groaned and lifted himself from the ground pulling himself and Joel back to the first level that's when Joel noticed the fluttering orange embers emanating from a smoking black beam, it creaked and groaned loudly. She pushed Brian to the front door and let the beam collapse onto her right leg.
"FUUCCKK!" she screamed shifting her leg from underneath the heavy timber then she noticed Brian out cold on the steps his head limp over a porch step. She ran upstairs once again, ignoring the arduous pain shooting from the wound wrapping around her entire right limb. Her foot caught the crib in McKenna's room causing her to fall and bang her head on the window pain. She groaned in pain as the world around her blurred and span. 
"Fuck." she groaned lifting the heavy window and sliding her legs through the small gap. She gripped the ledge and took a deep breath before she let go and dropped to the concrete patio with a painful thud, her leg twisted around, a sickening crack filled her ears and a light pink bone damp with blood pierced through her skin in her only good limb. The sweat that covered her body made her cool against the night sky, the bright orange and red flames danced through the windows and made the brunette sick to her stomach. The sirens from the emergency services echoed in the distance. 
Hope 
With her last ounce of strength she stood up and dragged herself around the corner to the front of the house where neighbours gathered around McKenna and helped Brian.
"JOEYY!" Kenna screeched as she saw her, Joel smiled and pulled herself to Brian's still unconscious body.
"Is he okay? Where the fuck is that ambulance?" she groaned as she grabbed her boyfriends hand.
"Jolene!" Sarah cried rushing to her daughters side.
"Mum I'm fine, you need to help Brian, and I want to know the results of blood culture." Joel groaned pressing down on the gash still spurting with blood from her leg.
"I have the EMT's on the way, you're too weak to do anything like that even if you are a match."
"Well am I or am I not mother?" Joel snapped stroking over Brian's Hand. 
"Yeah, you are."
"Then I want it done today, I don't care if I'm too weak. I'll get stronger."
"Baby you've lost allot of blood."
"I DON'T CARE MOTHER, just get us into surgery as soon as we get to the hospital, sedate me in the ambulance an get it done."
"Okay." 

-

Brian woke up to the worried face of  his friends.
"Where's Mak and Joel." he whispered horsely, scratching at the IV in his hand.
"They're in recovery..." Suzy said with a slight smile.
"Why recovery, did something happen?"
"They found Mak a doner... It's a perfect match." Suzy grinned.
"And Joel?"
"She broke her leg in 6 paces jumping out the window, she had to get it pinned."  Brian grimaced and stared at the wall for a few minutes before slowly falling back to sleep.

-
Brian
"Mr Haner you have a visitor." someone said wiggling my shoulder lightly. I groaned at the pounding in my head.
"C'mon Bri, I've just had Surgery. Aren't you going to give me a congratulatory hug or possibly a 'well done honey'?" that voice i loved  said. I flickered one eye open and frowned when I saw my Joel with rusty bags under eyes, a strange pipe coming from underneath my favourite Pantera T-shirt and her leg in a purple cast.
"Hey there Brown eyes." she grinned  kissing my hand. I shifted my legs from the bed and kneeled down 
In front of her quickly pressing my lips to hers. She kissed back and grabbed her back of my neck and slipped her tongue between my lips.
I pulled away and rested my head against hers.
"I love you so much, please don't push me away like that again baby... I nearly lost you."  I whispered pressing my lips firmly against her forehead.
"I love you so much Bri-Bear, d'you think you'd get rid of me that easily?" she said with a giggle, "I've got an hour before I have to go back to my room so the doctors can do their rounds." she said with another little giggle.
"Can you get up and join me on the bed so we can watch some TV?" she nodded and shakily stood up, hoping to the mattress where she  took a pillow and elevated her leg.
"No fair your bed is so much comfier than mine!" she groaned fiddling with the tube jutting from her hip. 
"Joey what's that?" I said hopping next to her and tapping the tube.
"I had two operations." 
"What?"
"I'll give you a clue." she tapped her back, around the bottom.
"I give up."
"I gave McKenna my Kidney, so... You know." 
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost my baby, yup. Is that good enough for the people who called me lousy for not updating?
-Please comment and thank you for the congratulations last time, I'm sure he/She would of loved them.
-Krystal<3