Status: WRITING.

I Knew You'd Be Trouble...

Chapter 28-

Jimmy stirred from his sleep from the noises of hurried footsteps and professionally panicked shouts. One eye opened slowly, only just accepting the fluorescent lighting drifting in from the hallway. He quickly turned to his right and breathed out a sigh of relief as he saw Joel still stably sleeping in her bed. He got up and walked to the doorway.
“What’s going on?” he inquired to a passing nurse, rubbing the sleep from his eye. She glanced in the direction of Jolene’s father’s room and shook her head, carrying on to her destination. Jimmy stood shocked, his eyes flicking from the busy room to Joel lying asleep. He bit his lip and slowly sank to the floor, blue eyes still darting from one place to another.
Please, God, don’t let them both go... Jimmy thought to himself. Hushed voices, the clatter of metal hitting metal and the unmistakable high pitched squeal of the ECG machine running lazily in a flat line hummed in the empty, white hallway. He sat still, hardly breathing, head dizzy from the thoughts rushing around his head. A sigh of relief washed over him when he heard a “We've got him,” and “heart beat stable.” A barrage of nurses and doctors calmly wheeled numerous contraptions and machines from the room, small proud smiles gracing their faces as they walked out. Jimmy got up and breathed a sigh of relief, turning back around and walking back to his bed. He settled down, cocooning in the covers and making sure his hand was on Joel’s, just in case.
-----
The next morning Jimmy woke up in the same way he did for the last few weeks: his head immediately turning to his best friend. Disappointment washed over him, seeing her in the exactly the same position; her face still black and blue slowly turning purple and green; the tubes and wires still poking out from everywhere.”I’m getting in the shower, Joe, don’t go anywhere,” he sighed and rubbed his eyes before putting his glasses back on and trudging to the bathroom to shower and change.
He turned the water to a manageable temperature before shedding his clothes and stepping in the shower. The worry seem to slip off of him and slide down the drain with the grime, for a few minutes his mind was clear, nothing was there, just the warm water traipsing down his lanky body. He cleaned his body and long blond, now that it was flat, hair before he got out, the steam fogging up his glasses on the sink, he toweled himself off and squeezed the extra water from his hair before getting changed and walking back into the room. He growled seeing Brian there, stroking over her hand and talking to her, but he swallowed it down and pulled up a chair on the other side of her sleeping body. So far, Jimmy was the only one that forgave Brian for everything he did, mostly because Joel begged him to and he couldn’t handle her being sad.
“Do you think she can actually hear us? Y’know, whilst she’s...” Brian said raising his eyebrows,
“In a coma?” Jimmy said tiredly “yes I do, of course she can hear us.” He smiled to himself hopeful that all of his messages were getting to her somehow. Brian just nodded his head and continued to rub against Joel’s cold hand.
“You should get going Bri, Hulk’s most likely on his way,” Jimmy said, rounding the bed and placing a heavy hand on Brian’s shoulder. The dark haired boy shuddered to himself, remembering the last confrontation they had the day Joel got attacked, he wasn't able to breath right for a week, the only time he and the other Avenged Family, except Michelle, talked to him was at band practice and that was just murmurs. He sighed and nodded standing up and leaning over to kiss Joel on the forehead, his lips brushed against the clammy skin slowly. “I love you baby,” he whispered as he pulled away. For the first time anger brewed in Jimmy as he heard it. He wanted to throttle the lying bastard, how could he love her after cheating on her? He had the world at his feet with Jolene and he fucked up, acting like he didn’t care if he hurt her after promising he wouldn’t break her heart. How dare he come up to the hospital pretending he cares, saying that he loves her after everything he did? It just didn’t make any sense! He clenched his teeth together and forced out a ‘bye’ when the guitarist exited the room.
---------------------

”I love you Joel," Brian whispered into his girlfriends hair, they were cuddled up in his bed, her leg was still encased in plaster.
“I know," she giggled in nuzzled her nose further into the crook of his neck.. ”Did you just Han Solo me?” the guitarist asked raising his eyebrows, “Say it back.” he mumbled into her ear, nipping at the shell. Joel just giggled again and shook her head, running her hands up and down his sides. “Don’t make me do it Jolene, I know how much you don’t like it...” he said teasingly running his large hands up her side. She tensed lightly and hid her face in his neck.
“C’mon baby, say it to me,” he said letting his long fingers dance over her pale skin.
“You wouldn’t dare tickle me.” she challenged into his neck, kissing the flesh lightly. He shuddered at the feeling of her fleshy lips ghosting over the skin, goosebumps rose to the surface quickly.
“I would, but it can only be stopped if you say those three little words...” he groaned with a smile. Joel pulled back and looked up in mock contemplation, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lip. Brian sighed and clambered on top of his girlfriend, pinning her arms to the top of her head. He leaned down, his lips grazing over hers; “last chance, Jo.” The girl simply craned her neck forward and kissed him softly before pulling back and saying, “you wouldn’t tickle me, my darling, because you wouldn’t get one of those ever again.”
“Oh, playing dirty are we?” Brian asked, raising an eyebrow. Jolene shook her head and feigned shock.
“I would never.” she gasped.
“I don’t appreciate dirty play Miss Williams.” he said, starting to tickle her sides, Joel started to laugh and squirm her hips jumping up and down in an attempt to shake her boyfriend off.
“Please stop!” she laughed with a pout, “please baby.” Brian laughed and continued to tickle her.
“Not until you say it!” he exclaimed, nuzzling her neck with his nose.
“Alright! Alright, I love you too!”

-
Brian leaned against the outside of the hospital, frowning as a cigarette burned between his lips. That memory burned in his mind ever since the night he and Joel broke up.
“Excuse me, Sir, can you smoke a little further away from the doors? There’s a child in the waiting room with asthma.” a woman said politely, he nodded and moved around the corner, still frowning, still smoking the burning cancer stick. Brian loved that memory and didn’t ever want to forget it but ever since he had gotten with Tabby the memories seemed to fade as quickly as they were made. She seemed to suck at his life force, making each and every moment drag on and on, but he didn't have the guts to get rid of her because he knew he’d be alone. He took the cigarette from between his lips and tapped the ash away before inhaling the smoke again.
“Please wake up Joel, I need you.” he whispered in an exhale. He needed his best friend, not a girl friend (even though he wanted that too) to talk about everything. He needed to hang out with someone that shared common interests and wanted to talk instead of just wanting to jump his bones.
“Brian!” someone shouted, his head snapped in it’s general direction, spotting Tabby he cringed. “Why are you here baby?” she purred, pressing her body into his.
“I was visiting Joel,” he said simply, not bothering to respond to the gesture. Tabby’s face dropped instantly, “Why?” she asked, faking a smile and running a finger up his torso.
“I just wanted to visit her,” he answered simply, taking another drag from his cig. Tabby’s lips stretched into a straight line. “But, why? When you could of been with me?” Brian sighed and pushed her back lightly.
“Tabs, I’m not in the mood baby.” She pursed her lips and put her hands on her hips.
“You’re never in the mood lately! I have needs to Brian!” she said angrily. Her face was starting to get red, “ever since she got roughed up you've become all emo and depressive and I don’t like it at all.” Brian shrugged and lit another cigarette. “All I’ve done is try to please you Brian and you don’t even respond, I pleased you when coma girl wouldn't put out, I pleased you after you dumped her and I please you now and what do I get? Nothing!” she shouted, pointing at his chest.
“Then fucking break up with me then!” Brian shouted back pushing her finger away, “because to be honest I cannot stand you! All you do is complain about my friends and my music and my band! I give you everything I've got to give and you still want more! I gave up one of the best things that ever happened to me because you knew I was going on a date with Joel that night and you still came to my house! You knew our deal Tabatha! You’re like a fucking leach, sucking away at my life until I’m nothing and I can’t fucking stand it anymore.” he seethed flicking away the still burning cig.
“I hate you Brian!” Tabby screamed, stomping away.
“I hate you too.” he smiled, as she stomped into the distance.
Finally he was free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comment.
I'm sorry it takes so long between chapters.
I've been having a real rough time lately, but now I'm on Maternity leave and my little sister is away at my Mom and Dad's in Cali I've got more time to write so yay!
Can I get another comment for this? (28 to 29?)
Thank you ever so much for putting up with this!
-Krystal <3