The Rollercoaster

Chapter Five.

I sank to my nose in the warm water, letting every muscle in my body relax. I tried to push any and every thought out of mind, yet even when I was relaxed physically, my mind raced. I sat up with a sigh, letting the water swirl out of the drain, and got out before wrapping a white towel around my waist.

I wiped the steam off of the mirror, and ran a brush through my damp hair, sighing softly once I heard the house phone ring. I threw the bathroom door open, and pressed talk on the landline before holding it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Is this Miss Alexis Jones?" A voice that I'd never heard before asked on the other line.

"Yes..this is. May I ask..who's calling?"

"This is Officer Warren..I need you to come down to the station."

I swallowed hard, holding the phone closer to my ear. "Why? What's the matter?"

"I've got two young men asking for you."

"Alright. I'll be there soon," I told the man, hanging up before throwing the phone on my bed, and grabbing a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. I slipped them on and threw my hair into a ponytail, mulling over just why I was needed and who exactly it was.

I really hoped it wasn't some serial killer/stalker guy that was obsessed with me. It'd be just my luck.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Pulling into the parking lot had my pulse accelerating more than it ever had before. My palms were sweating a generous amount, and I pulled into the closest parking lot so I could escape easily if the fear I had earlier were to come true.

I walked to the front desk, and saw the man I had talked to on the phone that looked almost as scary as the men locked up behind him. "And you must be Alexis."

"How..could you tell?"

He rolled his eyes before grabbing a set of keys. "Because the men describing you weren't lying when they said that you were a knockout."

"Thanks..I guess?"

"No problem."

I sighed, and followed the man to a single cell where I think I had the wind literally knocked out of me. Becuase in front of me, sporting a black eye, was the boy I had loved for as long as I could remember, Justin. And beside him, looking guilty as ever but wearing a smirk, was Lucas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?