Paradox

Alexander Gaskarth

Saturday
"Mom, please, I really don't want to go." Alex complained to his mom as she removed all the china from a box they were in. Alexander Gaskarth was a teen who recently moved from England to the United States, Maryland to be exact. He had dark brown hair, bushy eyebrows, your typical crooked teeth which suited his looks, and big brown eyes. He resembled more of his father than he did his mother, although he did inherit her hair color when he was a baby.
"No Alexander, you'll start school in two days just like everyone else. You're not going to slack this year. Right Peter?" Peter, Alex's dad, stepped into the kitchen carrying a box that resembles the same one that was holding the china set his mother treasured dearly.
"That's right; you listen to your mother. You start school in two days and that's final." Alex nodded and helped his mother unpack the remains of the china set. Once they were all finished, Peter drove them to a nearby Chinese restaurant. Alex loved Chinese and that was his father’s way of showing, everything is going to be okay. Alex could only hope his father was right.

Sunday
Alex was lying in his new bed and staring at his ceiling, pondering whether it'd be a good day to go outside or just sit and mope around the house. His parents were currently over the neighbor’s house. Alex had lied and said since he was still a little jet lagged; he could catch up on his sleep. Honestly, Alex didn't give a single damn about the neighbors. All he wanted to do was go play his piano but that wasn't coming in until next week which made Alex want to tear his hair out. Alex had a very special gift. He could sing his heart out and play a variety of different instruments. It was a natural born gift his mother used to say back in England.
"A voice like an angel I say!" that's what Mrs. Gaskarth used to say all the time. She loved bragging about Alex. He absolutely despised it almost as much as he despised girls. And that brings us to a new topic; Girls. Alex hated them. Why? Because they were all low skanks where he used to live. They slept with anything that had a penis. They even had sex for money. And the best part of it was; they were all Christians. Alex's' family are Christians and when Alex mentioned it to his mom, she simply told him to go away and wash his mouth. No Christian girl was like that. None that she'd seen , would be Alex's remarks to himself. Alex had two girlfriends in his entire high school life back in England, but his last girlfriend treated him bad. She only used him for sex and money, but he was so blinded by her "beauty" that he didn't notice until a friend pointed it out to him. Alex soon dumped her and she soon spread rumors around the school saying Alex had a small penis. Which was not true at all , Alex would say to his friends. Now after the big break-up, a few weeks later, Alex and his friends were invited to a party. It was where all the cool kids go and Alex knew there were going to be lots of hot girls to shag. So at the party, a few mates decided to play spin the bottle. Alex never missed out on the game and he sat down next to his friends. A pretty girl with a very low cut shirt reached over and spun the empty beer bottle. It spun for a few long seconds and landed on a boy with nice features. The girl reached over again and spun it a little harder this time. It landed on Alex. Alex's eye went wide and he looked at the boy. The boy shrugged and everyone noticed Alex's hesitation. The chant soon followed pursuit; 'Chicken, chicken, chicken!' screamed the entire circle. Alex yelled for them to stop and leaned over, grabbed the boy by his hair, and crashed their lips together. Everyone cheered on and Alex broke the kiss. He got up and grabbed his keys and made his way to the door. His best friend yelled for his name but Alex didn't want to hear it. He sped off into the night back to the house. He tip-toed up the stairs and quietly entered his room as to not make noise. He slipped out of his clothes and went to sleep naked. A few hours into his deep sleep, Alex started having a dream about the boy and the kiss. Alex soon felt his penis stiffen and reality hit Alex hard. Alex was probably bisexual. Scratch that, he WAS bisexual. He had to come clean to his parents. The next morning was going to be dreadful.
Alex woke up and made his way calmly to the kitchen. His mother and father were enjoying a nice breakfast together. Too bad it won't last. Alex sat down and spilled everything that happened last night, causing his mom to drop her coffee and his dad to have a very disappointed face on. And now here they are a month later in the United States because Alex was bisexual and they think it's just a phase and it'll soon pass if they get him out of that environment. But Alex knows it isn't a phase. Alex knows what he is and who and what he likes. And moving to Maryland wasn't going to change that. In fact, it probably just made it worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little background showing our young Alexander William Gaskarth. Next chapter will be about Mr. Jack Barakat.

Love and Rockets,
J