Paradox

Neuf.

Alex sighed into an empty pillow in an empty and quiet bedroom. He sat up quickly and scanned the room. Once his eyes finally figured out where he was, he starts to panic and quickly untangles himself from the bed sheets that were entangled between his legs in ways he thought made him prisoner to the bed. He fell off the bed and grabbed his boxers that were laying on the ground where Jack had thrown them last night. Jack. Where was he anyways? Alex didn't have time to ponder anything because he was running out of time. He forgot he hadn't mentioned that he would be gone the whole night to his parents. They were probably worried sick and making a huge scene. Alex slipped on his jacket and raced out the house. Not even bothering to check for Jack. Once he was safely in the bus, he tried thinking of excuses to make to his parents that sounded believable. Ten minutes had passed when he arrived at the nearest stop to his house. He ran all the way down the long, narrow road that led to his driveway. He spotted his parents car and decided he'd ruff his hair up and make him seem disheveled, like he hadn't had a good night sleep which was definitely untrue. He walked to the door calmly and unlocked it.
Quietly stepping in, he attempted to not make any sound but of course, his parents were sitting in the living room. His mom jumped up and Alex saw a crumpled up tissue in her hand.
"Oh Alex!" She shouted as she ran up and pulled Alex into a tight and an annoying hug.
"Mom, I'm fine."
"I was so worried!" She said through sobs. Alex's dad stood up and looked at Alex.
"Isobel, let me talk to our son." Alex's mom dropped her arms from around her son's neck. Alex walked cautiously towards his father and took a seat on the couch. His dad didn't sit down except pace back and forth in front of Alex.
"Where were you Alex?" His dad said, trying not to raise his voice just yet.
"I forgot to take out the trash and a friend of mine called me and wanted someone to comfort her after a break up with her boyfriend and since everyone turned on her, I was her only real friend and she needed me dad, was I supposed to say no?" Alex kept a serious face throughout his whole lie. Peter looked at Alex before finally sighing and nodding. He took a seat on the other end of the couch and put his head between his hands.
"You had your mother and I worried sick."
"I left my phone dad."
"We thought you'd be with Koti, so we went to go ask her."
"Koti and I are going through some hard times right now." Peter nodded and Alex saw that it was his cue to leave. He went upstairs and closed the door shut. He reached for his phone and texted Jack.
Jack, where the fuck r u? Six minutes passed before Jack answered.
Went over Ri's. Drinkin'. Got bored cuz u were asleep. Y? Somethin' rong?
Y didn't u wake me up?
U were asleep. Y? Miss miny bt VERY biiiiig me? ;) Alex rolled his eyes and realized Jack was obviously drunk off his mind.
Nevermind Jack.
K. Txt me wen u want sum sexy time ;) Alex threw his phone across the room and brought his knees up to his chest. Jack honestly started to make him feel disgusted about himself.
After sitting on the ground like that for five minutes, he decided to get up and write in his notebook. He flipped through a few pages before he finally found the song, Lion Skin, in the middle part of his notebook. He grabbed his guitar and started to strum a few chords before pulling out a few music sheets and jotting down notes as he strummed to what the beat should be to the song. He opened his mouth and followed along to the words that were scribbled into his notebook.

I wonder, can you daydream at night?
Lying awake, I've had too much time.
I'm watching picture shows in the shadows
Dance for the crowd tonight.
Imagination is such a vivid place to hide,
While stars watch over you.

Through silent homes
The lights are out but I walk these halls,
The way I've walked before,
Sleeping, with saints and apparitions between the walls.
The lights are out but I walk these halls,
I promised not to wake you, so I'll walk light, just so you can hear,

The rats in the roof and termites in the ceiling.
We'll hear everything except what we need to hear.
Sleeplessness is for the restless, and I'm just fine,
Left to wander, aimless in unconsciousness.

There's spiders crawling from the corners of my eyes.
Let them weave their little webs to snatch the sunlight from the lens.
I'm staring at the ceiling 'cause I'm fed up with the sight.
Weigh my eyelids back to sleep, sealed by silken silver threads,
While stars watch over you.

Through silent homes
The lights are out but I walk these halls,
The way I've walked before,
Sleeping, with saints and apparitions between the walls.
The lights are out but I walk these halls.
Cast the sheep out of your mind,
Count the wolves and we'll sleep tonight.

I stumble in and I stumble out of unfamiliar rooms in foreign houses,
But I'm at home, a ghost that has left behind his sheets,
Unrequited, until I wake up somewhere I know that I've never been.

I'll stay 'til sleep takes over you.
And I'll walk while stars watch over you.

Through silent homes
The lights are out but I walk these halls,
The way I've walked before,
Sleeping, with saints and apparitions between the walls.
The lights are out but I walk these halls,
The way I've walked before,
Sleeping, with saints and apparitions between the walls.
The lights are out but I walk these halls.
Cast the sheep out of your mind,
Count the wolves and we'll sleep tonight


He smiled triumphantly and put down his guitar. He wiped his forehead and looked up to find his mom looking in. He hadn't even heard him open his door because he was so concentrated in his music.
"Oh hey mom! Uh, like it?" She put a hand to her heart and smiled, nodding her head in approval. Alex smiled and closed his notebook.
"Dinner is ready in fifteen minutes, I just came up here to remind you."
"Thanks mom." She was closing the door when she stopped and looked back inside, "Alex?" Alex glanced up from his hands and tilted his head.
"Yeah mom?"
"I love you." Alex smiled and felt an immense relief evaporate in thin air. Why he needed to hear that and let that relief go made him curious but he didn't question it for too long.
"Love you too mom." She smiled and closed the door then. Alex sighed and lay on his back, looking up at his ceiling and thinking how in a matter of twelve hours a day could go from amazing to terrible to just alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lion Skin by Hands Like Houses feat. Tyler Carter & Johnny Craig <--- Great song okay.

Oops, I made Jack a dick again. Oh ho ho~

Comment, subscribe, and long live Jalex,
J