Paradox

Dix.

Alex peeled himself from off his bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen.
"Alexander William Gaskarth! You are NOT wearing the same clothes that you wore yesterday to dinner!" Alex sighed and reluctantly went to go change. After he came back, his parents were already seated when he came back into the dining room area. He sat down on the side and in front of him sat his brothers’ empty seat. This day just couldn't get any better now could it? Alex frowned and flipped his hair out of his eyes and clasped his hands together for the dinner prayer. While his mom was thanking God for everything and anything she could add in, Alex started fantasizing the previous night with Jack. He started to think about the way Jack would lick, bite and suck at his collarbone just right. Just thinking about it made Alex release a deep groan. Alex immediately opened his eyes and looked around. Both of his parents were looking at him and Alex had to cough to ease away the awkward looks.
"Okay?" Peter said as he reached for a fork.
"Peter! We didn't even ask Alex if he wanted to say a prayer!"
"It's okay mom, maybe next time." Isobel nodded and began passing around the mashed potatoes.

_____

"I bet it's not easy being you." Cassadee said as she munched on a carrot. Alex shrugged and pulled on a piece of grass. Cassadee had convinced Alex and Alex alone to come outside in the crisp December day. Alex didn't mind because he honestly couldn't bear looking at Jack any longer.
"I mean, he was so gentle about it and then he goes and acts like such a dick."
"Correction: Usual self." Cassadee imputed.
"Yeah. He was my first and now I just feel like shit." Alex frowned and threw the grass into the air where it fluttered lightly before nesting on the frigid floor.
"If it makes you feel any better, Rian was exactly the same when I lost it to him."
"Really?" Alex would have never guessed.
"Yeah, he totally bailed afterwards and we didn't talk for like a week but then he came up to me and said that he was sorry and that he was scared I regretted losing it to him.” Alex nodded and sighed. Cassadee draped an arm around his shoulders and leaned in.
"Don't worry, he'll come around Alex." She stood up now and held out a hand. Alex denied and mentioned he wanted to stay out a little more. Cassadee half smiled and reentered the building. Alex looked up and saw as the leaves shook with the breeze that started to pick up.
"I sure hope you're right Cass." Alex said as he got up and headed back to his last period.

_____

Jack

Jack walked to his last class of the day which was French. He spotted Alex in the back with Blake and Rian. Debating where he should sit today, in comes Mrs. Deandre , shoving Jack towards his usual seat. Jack sighed and fixed the strap of his backpack, walking towards the group. Jack sat at his table and Blake as the only one who glanced up.
"Whaddup my man?" Jack nodded his head and looked at Alex who meekly smiled and turned his attention back to Rian who was deep in conversation about Six Flags.
"Dude, they have like new rides and shit! I'm not even joking!" Rian slammed his hand hard on the table. Mrs. Deandre walked over and yelled at Rian in a thick, French accent. Alex giggled as Mrs. Deandre continued to scream at Rian who had a very confused face throughout the whole thing.
Jack smiled and stretched his hand over and placed it on Alex's knee. Alex stopped giggling and looked down at where Jack's hand was placed. He intertwined their fingers and smiled at the comfort Alex's hand gave him. Alex quickly scribbled something down on his piece of paper.
Why are you holding my hand? :(
Why? Cause I like you silly. Why the sad face? :T
You do? Just confused I guess...
About us?
About you.
Alex pulled his hand away and turned his body slightly away from Jack.
"What the hell Alex?" Jack whispered to Alex as soon as Blake was given another referral for sleeping in class. Rian glanced up and exchanged a concerned look between the two.
"Not now Jack."
"Then when?" Alex slammed his notebook against the table, causing a few girls to jump at the table across from theirs.
"I'm fucking sick and tired of your bullshit Barakat!" And with that, Alex stalked out of the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi.