Paradox

Un.

"Barakat, this has been the second time that you've been here in the past two weeks! Giving you detention isn't enough anymore, is it? I think we're going have to sus-" someone from the front office busted in through the door just then.
"I am so sorry Mr. Coleman! I didn't mean to interrupt you! Oh, I'll come back later." She started to close the door but Mr. Coleman stopped her.
"No Mrs. Meriwether. What is it?" He peered at her through his glasses.
"Alexander Gaskarth is here."
"Send him in then." Mrs. Meriwether rushed back out and seconds later brought this skinny boy with dark brown hair and big brown eyes to match into the office.
"Hello Alexander, I'm Mr. Coleman." Mr. Coleman extended out his hand to Alexander. Alex took it and shook it nervously.
"H-hi. I'm just here for my schedule." Alex glanced over at Jack and noticed Jack was staring at him. Alex blushed and focused his attention back on Mr. Coleman.
"Ah, here it is. You know what? Jack how about I don't suspend you if you take Mr. Gaskarth here to all his classes for this whole week." Jack thought about this intensely. He thought about the pros and cons on this whole thing. One; he wouldn't have suspension, B; he had a valid excuse to be late to all his classes, and cuatro; he could possibly have a new friend by the end of the week.
"Whatever." Jack said as he stood up and grabbed the schedule from Alex's hand.
"We have four classes together. I'll give you the grand tour of this amazingly awesome school now." Jack's voice filled heavily with sarcasm. Mr. Coleman couldn't object since he was the one who told him to escort Alex.
Once both the boys were out of the office and out of earshot, Alex stopped in his tracks.
"Y-you don't have to show me around. Y-you can just let me find my way around. It really doesn't matter." Alex looked down at his feet, not bothering to meet Jack's gaze.
"Yeah right. I don't want to be suspended kiddo. So you're going to have to deal with it. I'll show you your classes first and then I'll show you the whole school." Jack turned around and walked on, hearing Alex speed up to him. It was a quiet tour, Jack showed Alex all his classes and later showed him the fastest staircases and other rooms. Alex thanked him as they both walked out the front door and started on their own ways. Jack saw Alex walk toward the bus stand and Jack noticed Alex had no car or ride.
"Hey Alex, wanna ride back home?" Jack called out. Alex turned around and walked back to Jack.
"Yeah, that'd be cool." Jack nodded his head toward his Mustang.
"Where do you live?" Jack asked as he slipped in the Blink-182 CD.
"I live by Lutherville Timonium."
"Oh cool, my grandparents live there. Wait, your last name is Gaskarth right?" Alex nodded, "Oh right! I met your parents yesterday. You guys have a nice house. Where'd you move from?"
"We came from England. I'm new to a lot of things." Alex half laughed and Jack smiled.
"Well, you can hang out with me and my friends this weekend. We can show you around and whatnot."
"I'd like that. Oh, I love this band by the way."
"Yes! You have awesome taste in music! This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

----

Jack pulled into Alex's driveway.
"Wanna come in? I wanna show my parents that I made a friend already. T-that's if you don't mind."
"Not at all Alex. I can go visit my grandma for a bit afterwards." Alex nodded and they both got out the car.
"Mom, I'm home!" Alex called out. His mother appeared in a flash and Jack smiled.
"Hello Mrs. Gaskarth, it's nice to see you again."
"Oh hello Jack! Alexander, did you make a new friend already?" Mrs. Gaskarth smiled and Alex blushed.
"Mom please. Just go back to the kitchen or something. You're embarrassing me!"
"Stop getting cheeky with me Alexander Gaskarth!" Mrs. Gaskarth turned around and trotted back to the kitchen.
"Well she seems nice."
"Ha, yeah. Thanks for coming in."
"No problem, I'm going to go visit my grandma now. I'll see you at school tomorrow?" Alex nodded and Jack walked out the door. Oh yeah, Alex was defiantly not going to miss England.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, first chapt. Lol. Hope you like it. I'll post the next one up soon. <3
Alex's House
Jack's Grandparents House

Love and Rockets,
J