Paradox

Quatre.

Thursday went by fast; Alex was starting to not dependent on Jack as much but still liked his company. It was finally Friday and Alex was really excited. Not only cause it was Friday and his week went great but he was hanging out with Jack, Rian, and Zack. His last period bell rang and he walked with Zack to Jack's car. Jack was waiting outside with Rian who was staring at him intensely.
"What Ry?" Jack asked, a little irritated by the way Rian was staring him down.
"Can I ask you something?" Jack hummed and waited for Rian to continue.
"Do you like Alex?" Jack's head snapped and he starred his at Rian with daggers.
"Why?"
"I mean, I think you two would be a cute couple that's all. Don't get offended dude. Does he know you're gay?" Jack shook his head and returned his attention back to the double doors. Jack smiled as both Zack and Alex ran down to meet him.
"Oof." Alex had crashed into Jack because he didn't stop in time. Both boys fell to the ground. Jack started to laugh as he helped Alex to his feet.
"Sorry Jack! I should've stopped earlier."
"No worries. You guys ready?"
"No, here comes Katie and Cassadee." Rian nudges Zack in the ribs and both boys run up to their girlfriend. Zack picks Katie up by her waist and spins her. Rian gently lifts Cassadee off her feet as he kisses her tenderly on the lips.
"How come I haven't met your girlfriend yet?" Alex looked at Jack who was watching the scenario in front of them. Jack's eyes never left were they were currently staring as he answered Alex.
"That's because I don't have one Lex." Alex's heart did a little somersault in his chest that made him smile.
'Why not?" Alex's curiosity got the best of him which caused Jack to look at him from the corner of his eye.
"Same reason why you probably don't have a girlfriend." Alex's heart did all kinds of funny things inside his chest just then. The boys came back after giving their girlfriend last kisses and final goodbyes. Jack opened his side of the door and let Rian and Zack in. As everyone climbed into the car and get settle in, Jack sped off into the street, hanging his arm out the window and holding up his middle finger because it was finally the weekend.

___

They arrived at Jack's house around three. Jack turned the key and out pops May from behind the door.
"Boo!" Jack clutches his heart and pretends to be scared.
"Did I scare you Jackie?!"
"Yes May, oh God. Don't do that again!" His little sister giggles uncontrollably and once she spots Alex, she hides behind Jack's leg.
"What May-May?"
"Who's that?" She points her little finger towards Alex and Alex smiles and gives a little wave.
"That's Alex. He's a close friend of mine so be nice." May removes herself from hiding behind Jack's legs and walks up to Alex. She motions for him to come closer and Alex does just so. She steps on her tippy-toes and kisses Alex on the cheek. Alex instantly smiles and hugs her right back.
"I like him Jackie." Jack smiles and motions for the guys to follow him. May is holding on to Alex's hand as they go downstairs to the basement where all of Jack's equipment awaits.
"May, how many times do i have to tell you that you can't come down here?" May clutches harder onto Alex's hand and looks up at Alex.
'Why can't she stay just for today?"
"Lex, it's just I don't want her to step over crap that's lying around."
"She won't, she'll be sitting on my lap." Jack thinks about it for a few long seconds and then finally gives in. Alex pulls a very happy May to the couch where he balances her on his lap.
"Can you sing me a song Alex?"
"Okay, what song?"
"I don't care." She snuggled right up against Alex's chest and Alex rocked her slowly.

We might kiss when we are alone
When nobody's watching
We might take it home
We might make out when nobody's there
It's not that we're scared
It's just that it's delicate

So why do you fill my sorrow
With the words you've borrowed
From the only place you've know
And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?

We might live like never before
When there's nothing to give
Well how can we ask for more
We might make love in some sacred place
The look on your face is delicate

So why do you fill my sorrow
With the words you've borrowed
From the only place you've know
And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?

So why do you fill my sorrow
With the words you've borrowed
From the only place you've know
And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?


Jack, Rian, and Zack had stopped once Alex began to sing. They gathered around him as the soft, beautiful words escaped his mouth. He looked up from May's sleeping form to find the boys sitting on the floor watching him.
"Dude, I don't understand why you hide that voice. You have a killer voice."
"Zack's right dude. I don't think you should hide it from the world. People need to know who you are." Rian said. His phone rang after it got quiet as Alex contemplated what the guys had just said. A cheesy grin appeared on Rian's face as he looked at the text.
"Hey, can we meet up tomorrow? I gotta go handle some business." He didn't wait for anyone to reply before he bolted out the room. Zack laughed and shook his head.
"Probably a sext from Cassadee. Rian said they've been 'sexting' lately. Can you imagine that?" Zack said it as he started to unpack his things. He phone rang and he picked it up. A cheesy grin similar to Rian's soon formed on his face and he quickly started to pack up.
"Gotta go guys. I'll see you later." Jack sighed and could only imagine what the text was. Alex gave Jack a quizzical look but didn't press too much on the subject. Jack picked up May from Alex's arms and climbed all the way into the living room with her. He shook her gently and whispered her name.
"Hey May, wake up. Suzy is about to be here and you don't want to miss the sleepover right?" May woke up and shook her head. She reached for Alex's arm and he sat down next to her.
"I'll go get her stuff." Alex nodded and Jack jogged to May's room. He grabbed the duffel bag and brought it downstairs. The bell rang and May ran to the door. Suzy was there with her mom.
"Jack hurry! I'm leaving now!" Jack walked to the door to greet Suzy's mom.
"Thanks."
"No problem Jack. See you." Jack closed the door and turned to Alex who was still sitting on the couch.
"Let's go to my room." Alex nodded and followed Jack up the stairs and into the room all the way down the hall. Jack's room had a connecting bathroom like Alex's but his room was decorated with posters and vinyl records.
"You room is cool."
"Thanks."
"So Jack; in all honesty, why don't you have a girlfriend? I expected you to have a really hot girl."
"I'm gay Alex." Alex's mouth dropped open and Jack just simply shrugged as he sat heavily down on the edge of his bed. Alex didn't know Jack was gay and why was he so blunt about it. He closed his mouth and nodded in understanding.
"Oh, well can I tell you something?"
"You can tell me anything."
"I'm bisexual."
"Are you shitting me?! You look like all you like is girls! Dude, don't play with me." Alex shook his head no.
"I honestly don't anymore. Like I'm not completely over girls but I don't think I want a relationship with one anymore. Well just yet." Jack had a huge grin on his face.
"Why are you smiling?"
"I can't smile?"
"Ha, no silly. You can." Jack got off his bed and approached Alex slowly. Alex gulped and hoped that Jack was going to make a move. Jack's hand enclosed around Alex's forearm, bringing him a little closer. The only thing that separated them from being completely all over each other was a few thin layers of clothing. Jack leaned in and brushed his lips on Alex's cheeks causing shivers to go down Alex's spine. But it was cut off to shortly. The door opened and Mrs. Barakat called out Jack's name. Jack shoved Alex away but apologized immediately and told him to follow him to meet his parents. God, we were almost there, were Alex's thoughts before they descended down the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jack's House
Girls Outfit - Day & Night
May Barakat

So this was just a cute little thing. Anyways, I know that is not what Jack's REAL sister looks like. Obviously, but that girl suits the story. Anyways, hope you enjoyed it. <3

Love and Rockets,
J