Paradox

Cinq.

Jack profusely apologized as they made their way downstairs to greet his parents.
"What the hell was taking you so long? Oh, who's this?" Jack's mother stood at the end of the steps with her hands on her hips.
"Jack, you're not allowed to have people over when we're not here."
"I know ma'am. I had band practice and all the guys left to be with their family. But Alex couldn't go home since his parents aren't there yet and he doesn't have a key." Jack was lying through his teeth and all Alex could do was stand their sheepishly and stare at his feet.
"Okay, what's your name sweetie?" Alex realized she was talking to him now in her thick Middle Eastern accent.
"I'm Alexander Gaskarth."
"Gaskarth? Oh didn't you mention your grandparents meeting the Gaskarths'?" Jack nodded and his mother moved out of the way.
"Well why don't you stay for dinner Alexander?"
"That'd be lovely but I have to decline the offer. My family is having some big dinner tonight and I have to go."
"A shame, I'd love to meet your parents someday. What about tomorrow?"
"That'd be fantastic. My mom is dying to use her favorite recipe for a special occasion. I'll tell my mom and I'll call Jack and tell him what time is fine." Mrs. Barakat smiled and nodded. She left both boys to themselves for a bit.
"My dad is probably already in his office. I'll take you home quickly." Alex nodded and they both rushed out of the house after Alex saying his last goodbye to Mrs. Barakat. They drove in silence for ten minutes before Jack turned down the music and finally cut the awkward tension.
"Seriously, you didn't have to do that."
"Do what Jack?"
"I mean, you could have lied and said that your parents are away or whatever." Alex laughed at how Jack easily got nervous.
"Dude, stop laughing! I'm serious."
"Jack, it's no problem. My mom would love to make new friends and my dad loves talking business. Everything's going to be fine."
"Whatever." Alex's heart sank as he started to dwell on what happened in the room between Jack and him and how easily Jack blew it off. It really shouldn't bother Alex but it did. Alex will get over it but it still hurt to think about it.

~~~

It was Saturday morning and Alex wasn't in the mood to wake up. He had called Jack after dinner and told him to be at his house at eight sharp. Jack had protested but had told his parents while on the phone with Alex. He had started to talk about what happened between them but Alex hung up quickly. He really wasn't good with rejections. He woke up and walked downstairs with his favorite sweats that were clinging desperately against his body. His parents weren't home because they went out to buy food for the dinner tonight. Alex poured himself some milk in a bowl and reached for some Cap'n Crunch. He filled his bowl all the way to the top where it was practically spilling out and grabbed a rather large spoon from the cabinet. He carried the bowl into the living room and turned on the TV. He flipped through the channels as he put big scoops of cereal in his mouth. There was nothing that interested him so he settled on The Fairy Oddparents. The doorbell rang as Alex had just finished eating his cereal. He set the empty bowl on top of coffee table and walked to the door. He opened the door and a girl with dark brown hair stood at the door. She had dark brown hair, piercing blue eyes, full lips, and a nice figure. She held a pie in her hand and tried to balance it as she continued to ring the doorbell.
"Oh! Oh my! I am so sorry. I didn't know you opened the door." She gave Alex a once over and turned around quickly.
"Oh my God, I'm sorry! I didn't know you were busy. Shit!" Alex laughed.
"Uh no, I just woke up about half an hour ago. Is that pie?" She turned around again and held out the pie to Alex.
"My parents made this for you and your family." Alex took it and smiled.
"Thanks, that's sweet of you. So you live next door?" She nodded and pointed to the house opposite of where Jack's grandparents live.
"I'm Dakotah by the way. Well Koti for short." Alex shook her hand.
"I'm Alexander, Alex for short. Nice to meet you." She smiled and pushed a strand of her behind her ear.
"Well I gotta go but if you want to hang out sometime, well you know where I live." Alex nodded and she turned around and walked to the car that was parked in the driveway. She got in and waved goodbye to Alex. He waved and closed the door. The smell of the pie was enticing him to take a slice so he did. He went straight to the kitchen and cut himself a slice. It was a crisp apple pie and it was really good. Alex started to think of Koti as he ate the pie. She was really pretty and Alex thought he might go over later and hang with her before Jack and his parents arrived. Jack. No fuck him. He screwed Alex over by leading him on. Alex didn't want anything to do with him anymore. Well relationship wise at least. After finishing the piece of pie, he went to go get dressed and be decent before visiting Koti. He walked the distance from his house to Koti's house. He saw her car parked in the driveway and thought it was safe to walk up to her house. He knocked three times and rang the doorbell once. Koti opened the door and smiled at Alex.
"Hey Alex, come in." She stepped aside and Alex went in.
"So I see you already got bored. How was the pie?"
"Huh?" Alex was starting to think she could read minds because how could she possibly know he ate a slice.
"Well, you have some crumbs on your face." She reached over and wiped it off. Her fingers lingered around Alex's lips before she finally let them drop. He smiled and shoved his hands in his pockets.
"So like, wanna go grab something to eat?" She nodded and walked over to the kitchen.
"Lemme leave a note to my parents." she called from the kitchen. She raced back to Alex and grabbed her keys by the door.
"I'll drive." She smiled and Alex followed her out the house. As Koti shut the door behind her, a car pulled up in the driveway. Two girls with flaming red hair exited the very old, red Cadillac Eldorado.
"Those are my twin sisters. Hey guys come here!" Both girls came bouncing toward Koti and hugged her tight.
"Hey sis, where you go-" The smaller of the twins stop taking as she noticed Alex.
"Oh my God. You're hot." The slightly taller one said. She was gaping at Alex which made Alex feel kind of happy girls were staring at him.
"Guys, this is Alex. Alex, this is Zarla and Dillan; or Scar and Dill for short." Both girls held out their hands and Alex shook them.
"Nice to meet you."
"No, the pleasure is ours." Dillan said, almost purring it. Alex blushed and ran his hand through his hair.
"Well you're making Alex uncomfortable. Mom and Dad aren't here yet, so we're going out for lunch. You guys wanna come?"
"Sure, are we taking our car or yours?"
"We'll take mine." Koti led the way to her Range Rover. They all climbed in and she drove off to the Chinese restaurant where Alex and his parents had gone for their first dinner together.

~~~

Jack has been calling Alex for the last two hours. He seriously wants to clarify things with Alex but it's kind of hard when the person you want to talk to isn't answering their phone.
"Fucking Alex! Pick up your goddamn phone! We seriously need to talk before dinner tonight." Jack left his final voice-mail and slammed his phone on top of the desk that was in his room.
"Jack, we're going now. Hurry, I don't want to keep the Gaskarths' waiting." His mother called from downstairs. Jack slipped into his shoes and ran out his bedroom. It was seriously going to be an awkward dinner.

---

"Come in, come in! It's nice to see you again Jack." Isobel was letting the Barakats' in to her comfy home. Jack had only seen the living room once but it was enough to embed it into his head.
"Right this way! Alexander, get down here already!" She called up the stairs. Alex came out of his room with his cellphone in his hand. He was on the phone and he was smiling. It made Jack's insides churn.
"Alexander, get off the phone. Is she coming over?" Alex nodded and the doorbell soon rang as if Isobel had magic powers or whatever. He ran over to the door and Alex could hear voices from where he was sitting at the table. In comes this girl who had piercing blue eyes and dark brown hair. And did Jack mention she was hot? Even though Jack was full on gay, he could tell exactly what Alex's body movements were suggesting. If wasn't gay, he'd be all over that too. It made Jack furious to think Alex was going to forget what happened in his room just like that. Whatever.
"Everyone, this is Koti. She lives right next to Jack's grandparents’ house." Jack never noticed her before. Maybe it was because she was a girl and he didn't give two shits about her or maybe because he never bothers to pay attention to anyone but himself. Koti waves to everyone and Alex pulls out her seat. She smiles at Alex and sits down right in front of Jack. Alex takes up the seat next to her as they all wait for Alex's mom's famous dish; Stir-fried Sesame Beef. It was honestly Alex's favorite and he knew his mom only made it when she had special guest over or when Alex is feeling really down. This would always cheer him up. Everyone got a plateful and began eating the delicious meal.
"Oh my! Isobel, this is by far the best stir-fry I have tasted. You must please sure the recipe with me!"
"But of course! After dinner we can share recipes." Alex smiled at how easily his mom can make friends. He looked over to see his and Jack's dad deep in conversation about who-knows-what. He looked at Koti and Koti stared back at him. A small smile danced on her lips as she continued to eat the food. Alex looked up to find Jack staring at the both of them. Jack hadn't said one word to Alex nor Alex to him. It was really bothering Alex but he didn't know how to tell Jack without sounding like a whiny bitch. Alex focused on his meal and hoped it would past by fast.

Dinner went by quickly and Koti, Isobel, and Joyce went into the kitchen to talk about recipes and other girl stuff that didn't interest Alex or Jack in the least. Bassam and Peter were in the living room and they were talking about business. Alex motioned for Jack to follow him up into his room. Jack was going to decline but since nothing interesting was happening around him, he followed Alex upstairs. Alex opened the door to his room and they both walked in. It was quiet for five minutes before Alex spoke up.
"Why did you act like nothing happened in your room?" Jack turned around from facing the window to look at Alex. It was his turn to make Alex feel like shit since he clearly brought Koti here to piss him off.
"What do you mean? Nothing happened Alex. You're hallucinating." Right then and there, it felt like Alex's heart was shattered to a million pieces. Alex shook there with his mouth slightly opened. Jack thought Alex wasn't going to overreact to what he had just said but clearly he was wrong. A few tears fell down Alex's face and Jack instantly tried to approach him.
"Al-Lex, I'm an idiot. I did-" Alex's room door flew open and in came Koti.
"Oh. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." She looked between Jack and Alex and her eyes finally landed on Alex's tear-stricken face.
"Alex, oh my God. Are you okay?" Alex quickly wiped away the tars and walked over to Koti.
"Perfectly fine. Come on, let's go back downstairs." Koti nodded and Jack watched as Alex put his hand on the small of Koti's back and led her away from his bedroom. Jack sat heavily down on Alex's bed. All he wanted to do was cry but knew it was no use. He seriously hurt Alex and there was no way in knowing when Alex was going to forgive him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dakotah aka Koti Mason
Koti Mason's Outfit
Guys Outfit
Zarla aka Scar Mason
Dillan aka Dill Mason

Hey guys! So I've been updating like crazy! And it worked out in the end because I have THREE subscribers! Thanks guys :) But anyways, I'd be glad to read any of your stories.
So leave a comment and tell me what you think of my story so far and one of your stories. I'll leave feedback as well and tell everyone about it. :)

Love and Rockets,
J