Paradox

Sept.

Three Months Later

Alex sat on his bed finishing the last piece of his song. It was almost his three month anniversary with Koti and he honestly wasn't as excited about as she was. See, according to Koti, she thinks they've been getting closer. But to Alex, he thinks they're growing even further apart since that whole 'meeting Jack's new boyfriend' dinner went down three months back. Jack clung to Tyler like it was his last will and testament and Alex absolutely hated Tyler's guts. He kept on kissing Jack's neck which almost made Alex reach over the table and slam Tyler's face right into the table repeatedly. He honestly wishes he hadn't asked Koti out to make Jack jealous. It bothered him every day and he knows he shouldn't doubt his relationship with Koti but he does.
Alex wrote down the last remaining lyrics and grabbed his guitar. He picked up his cell and texted his best friends;
'Finished come ASAP' he forward the message and almost got instant replies from everyone confirming they'll be there in half an hour tops. He raced downstairs to the basement to set up everything before his friends arrived. Thank God Jack broke up with his boyfriend so it wasn't going to be awkward. Now he knows how the whole day will end; Koti will think the song is about her when it's actually not, he'll lie and say it was, she'll give him some sort of incentive for being such a wonderful boyfriend, he'll except it eagerly but soon regret it later. It's been like that for months and Alex is getting sick of it to be honest. He's tired of living a lie so it will all end tonight. When Koti comes over and hears the song and who it’s about, she'll flip and they'll break up and Alex will finally be happy.
A knock was heard at the door and he knew exactly who it was. He took his time as he made his way back upstairs and to the front door. Koti stood on the other side with a hood covering her head because the wind started to pick up all of a sudden. Alex stood at the door, counting thirty more seconds before letting her in. He opened it slowly and she pushed her way in.
"Jesus Alex! Could you walk any fucking slower?" Alex just smiled and opened his arms out. Koti walked over and rested her head on Alex's shoulder.
"How has your day been?"
"It's been good. Wanna wait for everyone else up here?" Koti nodded and Alex walked her to the couch. Ten minutes passed and everyone came in which meant they carpooled.
"Alright, let's go down to the basement." Everyone nodded eagerly and followed Alex down to his basement. Alex sat down on the stool as everyone gathered by the pillows that were spread on the floor nicely. He strummed the first chords and opened his mouth and let delicate words slip away.

Dear you,
This has got to be one
Of the last heartfelt things I
Can put together on a piece of paper
To let you know.

Fading away at a sickening rate can
Put things in perspective for you.
You've always been the only one and I need you to know I do

Live everyday without any regret of falling back into you.
We hold heads high while bullets fly.

Last drink of a lonely night and all I wanted was to hold you.
I wrote some lonely lyrics to paint a picture to let you know.
Bleeding to death, laying in your bed I
Realized that I'll always need you.
You’ve always been the only one and I need you to know I do...

Live everyday without any regret of falling back into you.
We hold heads high while bullets fly.

And I know that I've been asking a lot but
Would you run away with me right now?
I've got the whole world figured out (And I know)
I've got the whole world figured out.

And I know that I've been asking a lot but
Would you run away with me right now?
I've got the whole world figured out.
I've got the whole world figured out.

And I know that I've been asking a lot but
Would you run away with me right now?
I've got the whole world figured out.
I've got the whole world figured out.


Everyone clapped and cheered like they were at a private show. They all surrounded Alex and poured down compliments telling him how great the song was and how amazing his voice sounds. Jack pulled Alex aside and patted his shoulder while everyone surrounded Koti and told her how lucky she was to have a boyfriend like Alex.
“Dude, that song was fucking sick! Koti is really lucky man.” Alex didn’t smile nor thanked Jack. All he said was:
“I didn’t write that song for Koti.”
“Wait, what?” Jack pushed Alex further down a little hallway, “What do you mean you didn’t write it for her? Are you cheating on Koti?” Alex shook his head hard from side to side.
“Then what the hell Alex? Who did you write the song about?” Alex put an index finger against Jack’s chest.
“Dude stop. Tell me who you wrote it about or I’m going to tell Koti.”
“I don’t care.” Jack stared at Alex wide-eyed before he turned around and reached for his sweatshirt.
“Jack where you going!” Rian called out as Jack rushed up the stairs and slammed the front door.
“Well I think that’s our queue to leave you two alone.”
“No wait, I have something to say.” Everyone stopped and turned to look at Alex.
“It’s about the song.”
“No need to explain Alex. We can see your inspiration standing right here.” Cassadee said as she winked at Alex and Katie giggled.
“That’s the thing. Koti wasn’t my big inspiration. My big inspiration just ran out the door.” Everyone’s mouth simultaneously dropped. One of Koti’s hand went straight to cover her mouth like she heard the worst news in the world, in retrospect, she has. Tears formed in her eyes but didn’t begin to leak just yet. She pushed through everyone and went flying out the door just as Jack had. Alex closed his eyes and sighed in relief. Both Cassadee and Katie had run after Koti and Rian and Zack were staring at Alex.
“Dude!” Zack said, throwing his hands in the air.
“What?” Alex said as if nothing had happened and he hadn’t just professed his feelings for Jack.
“Why did you do that to Koti? That’s a little harsh don’t you think?” Zack said.
“I’m proud and a little disappointed in you all together Alex.” Rian had finally said. He stood with his hands shoved in his pockets and a smirk that lingered on his face. Alex half smiled and looked back to Zack.
“I’ve been in love with Jack for over three months now and I was going to tell him the day we went to the restaurant but he had a date. What was I supposed to do?” Zack nodded in understanding and picked up his coat.
“I just hope you’re making the right decision.” Alex nodded and both Rian and Zack walked out and went to the car where an awkward silence awaited them.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: This is a filler of to what’s more to come. Next chapter will also be a filler but from Koti’s perspective. Do you think she’ll let go of Alex easily or will she put up a fight? The things love does to us. 
Comment, subscribe, love life.
Love and Rockets,
J

Dear You - Man Overboard Listen to the song cause it's absolutely cute okay. c:
Girl's Outfits